Are we better off with McDaniel's staying?

Are the Patriots better off with McDaniel's staying?

• Yes, McDaniel's is a good OC who brings stabilty to the offense.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No, McDaniel's has not developed and his game plans/play calling is stale. We need fresh ideas.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Zombies - just added this option for old times sake.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

grog

Chief Instigation Officer
Reaction score
Poll question coming. Do you think the Patriots are better off with McDaniel's staying on as OC, or would some fresh blood be better? I'm kind of on the fence. I know many here have questioned the play calling throughout the year.

Poll question coming. Do you think the Patriots are better off with McDaniel's staying on as OC, or would some fresh blood be better? I'm kind of on the fence. I know many here have questioned the play calling throughout the year.

Well I remember Weiss getting killed on here and won 3 SBS.

I was a bit stunned to see the Packers took the Titans OC. For some reason I was thinking there was a very good chance Mcdaniels would head to the Packers..... Maybe he knows Rodgers is a tough guy to get along with or something.....

I was a bit stunned to see the Packers took the Titans OC. For some reason I was thinking there was a very good chance Mcdaniels would head to the Packers..... Maybe he knows Rodgers is a tough guy to get along with or something.....

Don't know that it's true or not, but seemingly, he knows better than anyone else and he'll do it his way. Who needs that?

Surely not Josh.

I don’t care what the media lays out there for us. I think Josh’s fam wants no part in leaving and he doesn’t have the $ reason, so he’s content to let things play out and know he’ll likely have VERY strong consideration to follow BB.

Every OC has their flaws, when it's your guy you tend to focus on those. Josh is a very good to great OC. Bill O'Brien was an awful OC here, I would not want to go back to that. Replacing Josh with someone better would be highly unlikely.

Don't know that it's true or not, but seemingly, he knows better than anyone else and he'll do it his way. Who needs that?

Surely not Josh.

I agree. I think it's very similar to the Gruden experiment in Oakland.... A lot of things would go through Rodgers and Josh doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would sit well with having to talk to Rodgers about every decision. Not to mention Rodgers is a big reason why that team sucked ass this year. Regardless hopefully Josh does what feels right for him.

I don’t care what the media lays out there for us. I think Josh’s fam wants no part in leaving and he doesn’t have the $ reason, so he’s content to let things play out and know he’ll likely have VERY strong consideration to follow BB.

I wholly support McD taking over after BB retires/BOWTF. :spock:

Did anyone happen any to listen to 98.5 yesterday about lunchtime?

Fantastic story.

Caller phones in. Says he’s in Disney. Property of New England Patriots shirt on. We’ve all seen em. Guy saddles up to him and starts talking Pats. It’s happened to all of us I think.

Saddler says he has inside info on the JM deal. Knows someone close to the fam. Says in the effort to land Josh Irsay disappears in his house. For 40 minutes! Lol! Couldn’t find his way outta his basement! Lol!

I have absolutely no idea if true, but the guy sure told it convincingly. And if you’re Josh, and you’re used to the composed stately Robert Kraft (except on game day - I’ve heard him slurred a time or 3) it’d give you true pause. And after hearing last weeks post game locker address .... wow...

Murphy is the head cheese in GB...and he wanted to hire someone that he could easily control. McD wanted to hire his own coaching staff.

Fantastic story.

Caller phones in. Says he’s in Disney. Property of New England Patriots shirt on. We’ve all seen em. Guy saddles up to him and starts talking Pats. It’s happened to all of us I think.

Saddler says he has inside info on the JM deal. Knows someone close to the fam. Says in the effort to land Josh Irsay disappears in his house. For 40 minutes! Lol! Couldn’t find his way outta his basement! Lol!

I have absolutely no idea if true, but the guy sure told it convincingly. And if you’re Josh, and you’re used to the composed stately Robert Kraft (except on game day - I’ve heard him slurred a time or 3) it’d give you true pause. And after hearing last weeks post game locker address .... wow...

Maybe he had a wicked pissah flashback? :shrug_n:

Murphy is the head cheese in GB...and he wanted to hire someone that he could easily control. McD wanted to hire his own coaching staff.

Something tells me being a Coach under Mark Murphy and Rodgers as your QB would not be a very pleasant experience.... They both seem to call the shots and if you aren't on board you're toast... Josh is way better off not going there.

Something tells me being a Coach under Mark Murphy and Rodgers as your QB would not be a very pleasant experience.... They both seem to call the shots and if you aren't on board you're toast... Josh is way better off not going there.

Yup...:toast:

Fantastic story.

Colt fans are clearly ignoring this; Irsay sounded as fvcked up as one can. What an embarrassment .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I thought they were going to hire Danica Patrick.

Colt fans are clearly ignoring this; Irsay sounded as fvcked up as one can. What an embarrassment .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not ignoring the fact that it is a possibility especially after how Irsay sounded after the Texans game. He probably has a drinking problem or something along those lines. But it's hard to comment when there isn't total facts. End of the day it's just someone saying something without facts.... But it wouldn't overly surprise me to be honest.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

I thought they were going to hire Danica Patrick.

She's already Rodgers coach at home. No need to have her tell him what to do during the game ;)

I'm not ignoring the fact that it is a possibility especially after how Irsay sounded after the Texans game. He probably has a drinking problem or something along those lines. But it's hard to comment when there isn't total facts. End of the day it's just someone saying something without facts.... But it wouldn't overly surprise me to be honest.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

She's already Rodgers coach at home. No need to have her tell him what to do during the game ;)

Irsay has a serious pill problem. Extremely serious. I know this as 100% fact, but I can't say how. I like my job and I don't want to lose it.

Irsay has a serious pill problem. Extremely serious. I know this as 100% fact, but I can't say how. I like my job and I don't want to lose it.

Well, that and the fact he got pulled over for driving 12 in a 35 and coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road. Twice. Upon search of the briefcase riding shotgun was about $29K in manageable bills and a wide assortment of Xanax, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan and Ambien. He brutalized his field sobriety test.

Well, that and the fact he got pulled over for driving 12 in a 35 and coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road. Twice. Upon search of the briefcase riding shotgun was about $29K in manageable bills and a wide assortment of Xanax, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan and Ambien. He brutalized his field sobriety test.

Right. I just know the amount of pills that were in his daily habit. The number he took per day is shocking.

Back