Barry Sanders Gets A Badass Statue

John Locke

Bringing Light and Justice to the World
Reaction score
Several LWs became fascinated with football (and rock music) because we played a particular YouTube video (which seems to have since been removed) of Barry Sanders highlights featuring Crazy Train. They would attempt to copy it with pillows, blankets, and siblings as the defense.

He wasn't the first running back I would choose for my team if I were a coach, but he was by far the most fun to watch.

You know I was thinking the other day how bad it must be to be a long time Detriot Lions fan. But, the have also been privileged to see some great player play for their time. Barry Sanders and Megatron just to name a couple.

Barry could have demanded to be traded to a contender but never did to my knowledge.

You know I was thinking the other day how bad it must be to be a long time Detriot Lions fan. But, the have also been privileged to see some great player play for their time. Barry Sanders and Megatron just to name a couple.

Barry could have demanded to be traded to a contender but never did to my knowledge.
Nope. He just got tired of losing and walked away. And for a while, he stayed away. But over the last 8 to 10 years or so, he has become more of a fixture in the lions community.

How he used to evade tackles when it seemed absolutely impossible that he could get away from them, still amazes.

beast mode no comparison to Barry, but they both use the wide stance with great efficiency. Wonder if Barry was an influence?

Barry Sanders in football, Junior Griffey in baseball... The only two guys that absolutely transcend my Boston sports allegiance.

I just loved to watch them play their game.

Back