Be Careful Next Time You Pump It

easycome_easygo

Reaction score
I got this in my email today. WTF?

Warning: Look at the gas pump handle BEFORE you pump your gas. Please read and forward to anyone you know who drives a car.

My name is Captain Abraham Sands of the Jacksonville , Florida , Police Department. I have been asked by state and local authorities to write this email in order to get the word out to car drivers of a very dangerous prank that is occurring in numerous states. Some person or persons have been affixing hypodermic needles to the underside of gas pump handles! These needles appear to be infected with HIV positive blood. In the Jacksonville area alone, there have been 17 cases of people being stuck by these needles over the past five (5) months. We have verified reports of at least 12 others in various states around the country. It is believed that these may be copycat incidents due to someone reading about the crimes or seeing them reported on television. At this point no one has been arrested and catching the perpetrator 's) has become our top priority. Shockingly, of the 17 people who where stuck, 8 have tested HIV positive and because of the nature of the disease, the others could test positive in a couple ears. Evidently the consumers go to fill their car with gas, and when picking up the pump handle get stuck with the infected needle. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO CAREFULLY CHECK THE HANDLE of the gas pump each time you use one. LOOK AT EVERY SURFACE YOUR HAND MAY TOUCH, INCLUDING UNDER THE HANDLE! If you do find a needle affixed to one, immediately contact your local police department so they can collect the evidence. PLEASE HELP US BY MAINTAINING A VIGILANCE, AND BY FORWARDING THIS EMAIL TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO DRIVES. THE MORE PEOPLE WHO KNOW OF THIS, THE BETTER PROTECTED WE CAN ALL BE.

Rose L ambert, Chief Aide to Supervisor Gerry Hyland, Mount Vernon District, 2511 Parkers Lane , Alexandria , VA 22306 .
PLEASE READ THIS AND PASS IT ON TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS

This letter has been passed around for a few years now. It's bogus. Just a prank. Really.

Are you serious? I was getting a little paranoid because I have to stop at the gas station on my way to work in the morning.

What a bunch of as*holes! There is nothing funny or prankish about exposing the public to infected needles!

Are you serious? I was getting a little paranoid because I have to stop at the gas station on my way to work in the morning.

My sister mailed this very letter to me about 4 years ago. She thought it was real. I found out later it was just a hoax being passed around.

VYF, I saw this about three years ago in the teachers room at my school...the SRO (Student Resource Officer) told us not to worry about it and that he had not heard anything about it...

Well at least they made it believable with using Jacksonville in it.

They some dirty M'F'ers.

Thing is, even if it a hoax, it's actually unbelievably believable. Which is un-freaking-believable. :banghead: Especially, like the poo dollar, if it sounds like a good idea to try for someone.

Today has provided plenty of reasons to acquire agoraphobia. But, then I'd end up on a toilet for 2 years..:huh:

/that's the one about outside, right?

From urbanlegends.com

Comments: Not to worry. On June 20, 2000, mere days after this dire warning first slammed inboxes across the Internet, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Department issued a press release declaring it a hoax.

"The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office has had no reports of such incidents and there is no 'Capt. Abraham Sands' at the JSO," the notice said. No such incidents been reported anywhere else in the country. Whoever authored the email made every word of it up.

I'm still gonna watch my pump handle in the morning.

just sayin'. :)

I'm still gonna watch my pump handle in the morning.

just sayin'. :)

paranoia.jpg

The first clue: No one, especially large metropolitan law enforcement offices, uses email to notify the public about a health/safety risk. Its just way too damn inefficient. TV and radio would reach way way way more people.

I got this in my email today. WTF?

Warning: Look at the gas pump handle BEFORE you pump your gas. Please read and forward to anyone you know who drives a car.

My name is Captain Abraham Sands of the Jacksonville , Florida , Police Department. I have been asked by state and local authorities to write this email in order to get the word out to car drivers of a very dangerous prank that is occurring in numerous states. Some person or persons have been affixing hypodermic needles to the underside of gas pump handles! These needles appear to be infected with HIV positive blood. In the Jacksonville area alone, there have been 17 cases of people being stuck by these needles over the past five (5) months. We have verified reports of at least 12 others in various states around the country. It is believed that these may be copycat incidents due to someone reading about the crimes or seeing them reported on television. At this point no one has been arrested and catching the perpetrator 's) has become our top priority. Shockingly, of the 17 people who where stuck, 8 have tested HIV positive and because of the nature of the disease, the others could test positive in a couple ears. Evidently the consumers go to fill their car with gas, and when picking up the pump handle get stuck with the infected needle. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO CAREFULLY CHECK THE HANDLE of the gas pump each time you use one. LOOK AT EVERY SURFACE YOUR HAND MAY TOUCH, INCLUDING UNDER THE HANDLE! If you do find a needle affixed to one, immediately contact your local police department so they can collect the evidence. PLEASE HELP US BY MAINTAINING A VIGILANCE, AND BY FORWARDING THIS EMAIL TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO DRIVES. THE MORE PEOPLE WHO KNOW OF THIS, THE BETTER PROTECTED WE CAN ALL BE.

Rose L ambert, Chief Aide to Supervisor Gerry Hyland, Mount Vernon District, 2511 Parkers Lane , Alexandria , VA 22306 .
PLEASE READ THIS AND PASS IT ON TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS

This is indeed a prank and or hoax it was on the local news a while back that JSO has nothing to do with this and has had no reports of this happening at all. Beside all we have here in Jville to affix anything is Duct tape and that would stick out like a sore thumb.

Back