BEN VOLIN NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE

Grogan

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think Patriots fans should be loudly calling for his removal covering the Patriots. I have no problem with critical coverage of the team, but in what other NFL market has there been more completely fabricated stories with little to no consequences. Ron Borges, John Tomase, Ben Volin, and the normal duchebags like Felger and Mazz. We get it, they hate Bill because he treats them like the pond scum they are. Where else do the beat writers of a team openly root for the demise of the teams they cover just to fill air time because it's easier than actually doing the work that is real journalism? As Pats fans we should be demanding better than these duplicitous hacks.

Last edited:
John Tomase needs to be #1 to go first. How is this hack still working. I think the perfect season was lost because of Tomase

I agree to a point, but I also think that as Patriots fans that support the team both emotionally and financially we need to collectively be heard and call this shit out. Volin doesn't care he had to issue an apology, he accomplished his goal, to create clicks and get his name out there. If there's enough out cry from Pats Nation, maybe these sports outlets will think twice before they book him on eei or Pats weekly and the like.

Just my opinion, but I think Patriots fans should be loudly calling for his removal covering the Patriots. I have no problem with critical coverage of the team, but in what other NFL market has there been more completely fabricated stories with little to no consequences. Ron Borges, John Tomase, Ben Volin, and the normal duchebags like Felger and Mazz. We get it, they hate Bill because he treats them like the pond scum they are. Where else do the beat writers of a team openly root for the demise of the teams they cover just to fill air time because it's easier than actually doing the work that is real journalism? As Pats fans we should be demanding better than these duplicitous hacks.
No one is going to be held accountable for making shit up and repeating it for personal profit. They just won't.

I don't think they know the harm they are doing. In another thread some bonehead Bears DLinesman is speculating that Belichick (!) is still deflating footballs. That's the harm IMO. Not that these mediots are annoying or self-serving or looking for clicks. Telling the same lie over and over makes it near impossible to overcome. People never understood the actual illegality of filming the Jets, nor the fact that air pressure decreases when the temperature decreases. Only people who bother to use their brains an actually think will discover the truth, but to most? The Pats are cheaters and will be even if the NFL admitted that the universal gas law is correct. It's too late for the truth to overcame the lies. Cheaterz.

As UT says, don't read, watch, or click.

Anyway, making shit up is the new world paradigm. Just read any newspaper or watch any cable news outlet and you'll be bombarded with lots worse stuff that will never be corrected.

As Lawrence Walsh told Jake Gittes (Jack Nicholson) in Chinatown, "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjSshSvQWQA

You guys care waaaay too much about the media. I can assure you that Bill spends zero time thinking about Volin.

I can assure you that Bill spends zero time thinking about Volin.
You assure us what BB is thinking all the time, at least when you not assuring us you know why he does what he does and did what he did. Thanks, without you we'd be stuck with only facts to guide.

No one is going to be held accountable for making shit up and repeating it for personal profit. They just won't.

I don't think they know the harm they are doing. In another thread some bonehead Bears DLinesman is speculating that Belichick (!) is still deflating footballs. That's the harm IMO. Not that these mediots are annoying or self-serving or looking for clicks. Telling the same lie over and over makes it near impossible to overcome. People never understood the actual illegality of filming the Jets, nor the fact that air pressure decreases when the temperature decreases. Only people who bother to use their brains an actually think will discover the truth, but to most? The Pats are cheaters and will be even if the NFL admitted that the universal gas law is correct. It's too late for the truth to overcame the lies. Cheaterz.

As UT says, don't read, watch, or click.

Anyway, making shit up is the new world paradigm. Just read any newspaper or watch any cable news outlet and you'll be bombarded with lots worse stuff that will never be corrected.

As Lawrence Walsh told Jake Gittes (Jack Nicholson) in Chinatown, "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjSshSvQWQA

This is all sadly true.

This is a totally fair take, mostly because this isn't his first offense - and at some point, the Globe needs to determine whether a temporary increase in clicks is worth even further declining subscriptions.
[automerge]1666465782[/automerge]
You guys care waaaay too much about the media. I can assure you that Bill spends zero time thinking about Volin.
You don't get to have this take.

Every one of your posts is based in 'MediaTalkingHead says _______________"

Last edited:
This is a totally fair take, mostly because this isn't his first offense - and at some point, the Globe needs to determine whether a temporary increase in clicks is woth even further declining subscriptions.

And respect and influence

This is a totally fair take, mostly because this isn't his first offense - and at some point, the Globe needs to determine whether a temporary increase in clicks is worth even further declining subscriptions.

Please. I am not the one ranting about them. The media has been garbage for a looong time but at the same time they do provide coverage of the team. Some of us have people we like and trust others don't trust any of them. But if you think the Globe thinks it is a bad thing that Volin has started a crap storm you really don't understand the media landscape at all.

Please. I am not the one ranting about them. The media has been garbage for a looong time but at the same time they do provide coverage of the team. Some of us have people we like and trust others don't trust any of them. But if you think the Globe thinks it is a bad thing that Volin has started a crap storm you really don't understand the media landscape at all.
You're funny.

Back