Best Patriots Superbowl team?

PatriotsFan1980

I am a female so stop assuming that I am a male!
Reaction score
Which is the best Patriots Superbowl team?

If the Patriots won against the Giants in 2007, they would have been my vote

I have to say the 2004 Patriots team is the best Superbowl team

The 2007 team was the best team in NFL history.

On the other hand my favorite team was either 2003 or 2010. They both had so many memorable moments.

Not the "best" per se, but easily my favorite is the 2001 team. They will always be special.

04 would be my vote regardless of what the 07 squad did. Most balanced BB Pats team ever coaching and playing, talent and scheme wise. Excellent D and good ST Great O, could throw long, short and in between... and CKMFCD. And RAC and Weis.

04 would be my vote regardless of what the 07 squad did. Most balanced BB Pats team ever coaching and playing, talent and scheme wise. Excellent D and good ST Great O, could throw long, short and in between... and CKMFCD. And RAC and Weis.

this.......!if that team got a lead anywhere in the 2nd half....ballgame!

love me some CKMFCD!

Eh....07 would have been the best....balance has nothing to do with scoring 50 points a game, forget balance....I think its the 03 team was the actual best...I understand that balance is nice, but not as needed as a killer defense, and the offense was as clutch as it gets. The thing that bothered me about the 04 team, was a pretty weak secondary due to the injuries.

this.......!if that team got a lead anywhere in the 2nd half....ballgame!

love me some CKMFCD!

You could say the same about the 03 team and they had a better defense.

03 did not have dillon.....AS was ok but he was no CD. not enough diff in D but huge huge diff in RB.

There was a big difference in Defense, considering they were 15th in pass defense, and had a starting corner that played in the league about 1 year. The offense moved fine in 03, it did what it had to and we never lost leads. As I said, if not for the injuries to the secondary I would give the nod to the 04 team, but I have to go with 03...

Wow.

Middie: "Antowain Smith > Corey Dillon!"

Just yikes. Step away from the keyboard. :coffee:

I am pretty sure....no wait...yeah I am 100 percent sure, I did not compare SMith to Dillon in any way shape or form...in fact, I said nothing about either player. Tommy if you are going to make comments on my posts that you cannot see, maybe you should ask someone what it actually says first.

The '04 team was by far the best Patriots squad in the past decade, and could stand up against any team in history.

Did you realize that the '04 team had a better MOV over their final 8 games (including playoffs) than the '07 squad? And that they scored more points during the same time?

Yes, the 04 team got better as the year went on, the 07 squad got worse. Not sure how 07 could be considered BB's best T-E-A-M (thanks, Terry Glenn) when they had an average defense to begin with.

The '04 team was by far the best Patriots squad in the past decade, and could stand up against any team in history.

Did you realize that the '04 team had a better MOV over their final 8 games (including playoffs) than the '07 squad? And that they scored more points during the same time?

I just do not agree with that secondary after the injuries....getting lit up by teams like the chiefs and Seattle through the air, is not a great thing, its why I give the edge to the 03 team....although I still think the 07 team was better, losing 1 games out 19 is pretty impressive.

I just do not agree with that secondary after the injuries....getting lit up by teams like the chiefs and Seattle through the air, is not a great thing, its why I give the edge to the 03 team....although I still think the 07 team was better, losing 1 games out 19 is pretty impressive.

The '03 team was torched by a much worse offense in the superbowl. They also performed worse against a lower quality Indy team despite getting more support from the offense.

'03 was a great team to be a fan of. '04 was a great team, period.

Yes, the 04 team got better as the year went on, the 07 squad got worse. Not sure how 07 could be considered BB's best T-E-A-M (thanks, Terry Glenn) when they had an average defense to begin with.

The 2007 defense was just as good as the 2004 defense until Rosie went down. The only reason for the revisionist history with regard to the 2007 team was a lucky catch. The best T-E-A-M in NFL history lost the big game. The 2004 team lost in a similar way on MNF to the Dolphins. Had the 2007 team closed it out, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Back