Brady: I've got to do a better job finding the other recievers

Wait is this whole Brady getting chewed out thing purely fictional or are there actual reports that something happened in the locker room?

If there was a chewing out, I doubt we'd ever know about it, unless it was like the one with B O'B and him in 2011 on the sidelines. I think it's mostly some of us trying to figure out why he seemed to be in such a filthy mood in his postgame in Minny.

Unless TB is not who I think he is, I don't think he feels he's "above" chewing out anyway. One of the best things about him IMO is that he's always such a great teammate (ie not putting himself above anyone) and seems really to mean it, not just pay it lip service.

Worded perfect Hawg.

And if it was indeed the case and the heated discussion was public in front of the whole squad that preconception of being on equal footing may have shattered like thin ice with the reminder that there is only 1 boss.

Granted, my entire theory is based on pure speculation, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Belichick decided that he needed to take the GOAT down a peg and shock him into the realization that he needs to change his ways for the offense to be fully functional.

We'll never know, but I don't really care if such a scenario occurred or not as long as we see the ball being spread around more in the coming weeks. Let Gronk and Edelman draw extra bodies and pick them apart elsewhere. Break the defenses down until, once again, they don't know whether to shit or go bowling. Right now they are all on top of our air game and the good ones will stop us much like Miami did in that second half.

If we do diversify then I'll feel a hell of a lot better about our chances to contend. As it stands, I don't think we can.

Perhaps it doesn't help his mood that no matter who Jimmy was thrown in there with in preseason (yes I know preseason, vanilla blah blah blah, I'm talking about ease and comfort more than stats), he got the ball to them. :tongue:

I'm not buying this at all.

Brady reviews plays on the sideline like any other QB, and he's aware that he's missing open receivers.

He's pissed at himself for repeating his mistakes.

Is he? I mean, it'd be insane to argue that he isn't, but why has this problem not been corrected? It's been an ongoing issue for years now. All QBs have their comfort receivers that they turn to in key situations, but TB regularly misses big play opportunities by overlooking open receivers to force it to his binkies.

And, unlike in 2011 when forcing it to Gronk, Wes and AHern produced great results, this offense doesn't seem capable of moving the ball consistently if TB doesn't start giving at least 1-2 more WRs a chance to contribute on a regular basis.

It appears to be 100% mental on Brady. I honestly have no idea how to get him to break the pattern though. He had a few games last year where he showed potential to return to his former self (ie. vs NO, PIT, DEN in regular season).

Team went out and got Brady new weapons - Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola, Wright, etc. - over the past two seasons and so far he's no rewarding their efforts. Where would this offense be if Edelman hadn't emerged like he did?

Wait is this whole Brady getting chewed out thing purely fictional or are there actual reports that something happened in the locker room?

I thought it should have been pretty clear with several disclaimers that the "Brady got chewed out" theory is pure speculation on my part.

Just me talking out of my ass is all.

Now, let's all go back to blaming the protection and all the young receivers, because we all know it's not possible that Brady has any actual issues that would require correction.

I thought it should have been pretty clear with several disclaimers that the "Brady got chewed out" theory is pure speculation on my part.

Now, let's all go back to blaming the protection and all the young receivers, because we all know it's not possible that Brady has any actual issues that would require correction.

Well, thankfully this thread can exist in 2014 without instantly turning in 25 pages of pro-Brady grandstanding the way it did in 2013 and before woohoo

Is he? I mean, it'd be insane to argue that he isn't, but why has this problem not been corrected? It's been an ongoing issue for years now. All QBs have their comfort receivers that they turn to in key situations, but TB regularly misses big play opportunities by overlooking open receivers to force it to his binkies.

And, unlike in 2011 when forcing it to Gronk, Wes and AHern produced great results, this offense doesn't seem capable of moving the ball consistently if TB doesn't start giving at least 1-2 more WRs a chance to contribute on a regular basis.

It appears to be 100% mental on Brady. I honestly have no idea how to get him to break the pattern though. He had a few games last year where he showed potential to return to his former self (ie. vs NO, PIT, DEN in regular season).

Team went out and got Brady new weapons - Dobson, Thompkins, Amendola, Wright, etc. - over the past two seasons and so far he's no rewarding their efforts. Where would this offense be if Edelman hadn't emerged like he did?

Good post. I don't know if I agree that it is 100% mental on Brady's part, but that's certainly a part of it.

There was a play last Sunday when Wright was in motion right to left and then he reversed himself and Brady pointed him back to the left. Wright hesitated for a second and Brady started pointing more forcefully as if he was saying "right....HERE! DAMMIT!!!"

I know Wright can't be expected to be fluent yet, but I found it interesting that he was the guy we ended up with for Mankins and I wondered if he'd end up on Brady's naughty list.

If we can't get that kid open with his wheels......then something is up.

Brady reviews plays on the sideline like any other QB, and he's aware that he's missing open receivers.

And this, I don't buy. I don't think TFC- thinks he's making mistakes. It's everyone but him. Very Dan Marino.

And this, I don't buy. I don't think TFC- thinks he's making mistakes. It's everyone but him. Very Dan Marino.

"We’ve got to keep going after it, and guys get more opportunities to get balls, and I need to do a better job finding those guys when they’re open and running the routes that we talk about all week. That’ll go a long way to help us win."

I think Brady is admitting to his mistakes.

"We’ve got to keep going after it, and guys get more opportunities to get balls, and I need to do a better job finding those guys when they’re open and running the routes that we talk about all week. That’ll go a long way to help us win."

Good. Now let's hope he can walk the walk!

Good. Now let's hope he can walk the walk!

Well if the offense doesn't get on track this week, he may need to break out this

15780_780683791972773_4754984024840884661_n.jpg

Link

"Found my old resume!," Brady wrote on his TB12 Facebook page. "Really thought I was going to need this after the 5th round."

SSDD

It's press conference lip service.

Especially when, in games, he does the exact opposite of that, and beyond that, takes the opportunity to show up his receivers in the process, when he's the one making mistakes.

I actually practice a religion that preaches the completely inerrant status of Tom Brady so I'm going to have to ask the mods here to take action and ban you for offending my sincerely held religious belief.

Except for maybe a banned poster on this site I highly doubt any pats fan doesn't acknowledge that Brady does have issues and probably is declining. However, some posts on this forum have taken it to the absolute extreme and you would think Brady has reached Gabbert level of suckiness.

Leaving last years issues aside since its been discussed so much let's take a look at the two games this year. In the first half against Miami the passing offense didn't seem to have much of an issue, they were spreading the ball around and moving it just fine. Then the second half happened and the oline went to shit and the entire offense collapsed. Yes Brady played a part of that as well with some terrible throws but there aren't too many QB's who can have success when they get pressured like that especially not an immobile QB like Brady.

As for the Minny game it was obvious that the passing game was put to the side in favour of running the ball more as evidenced by having an extra O-lineman out there for a majority of the snaps. Even then Brady was 10/11 in the first half and the offense made some good plays. In the second half the offense did sputter but with such a big lead it seemed they were more in run the clock out mode but I admit Brady had some wtf throws in there (deep bomb to Edelman on 3rd and short, throwing to Gronk in double coverage).

Addressing the "forcing the ball to Edelman issue" I actually don't think Brady is forcing the ball to Jules. Forcing it to Gronk? Definitely, as evidenced by him throwing into double coverage a few times now in both the dolphins and minny game. However, with edelman I think Brady is doing exactly what we want him to do which is throw to the open man. It's just the fact that with the design of this offense and how good Edelman is he gets open faster and better than anyone else. I remember reading a while back from AWTE I believe that the Patriots offense is designed so that Brady's progressions go from short to long instead of a lot of other offenses where it's the opposite. In this case it would be logical to assume that Julian would naturally be Brady's first read based on the routes he runs. So yes while it is definitely the case that other receivers are getting open, if Edelman is bradys first read and he is open why wouldn't Brady throw it to him?

Again, I fully admit that Brady has issues to sort out and that he must improve for this team to contend but ever since I've been posting here I've noticed that a lot of people tend to go the bizzaro midgar route and blow things out of proportion. The posts I'm reading now are pretty much exactly the same that I read back in the beginning of 2010, "Brady's forcing it to welker", "his accuracy is gone" etc. That season didn't turn out too bad for him, nor the next one or the one after that. All I'm saying is give it some time before we start making threads about starting JimmyG next week or trading Brady immediately. If by mid-November his play is still deteriorating then I'll be the first to admit that its time to start considering the future.

Steve Balestrieri outlines the issues Brady has by only throwing to his receiver du jour over other receivers who are ignored but open for more yards. Steve uses photos of 5 plays to emphasize his point.

http://patspub.patsfans.com/2014/09/16/all-22-look-says-brady-not-using-all-his-weapons/

I took a quick look at this. Just based on the first play I'd have to say Balestrieri's reasoning for his premise is flawed.

Just on the first play he says "Julian Edelman runs a dig route just past the sticks. Brandon LaFell runs a fade into the left corner of the endzone. Brady opts for the short pass that nets a first down, but LaFell has body position and single coverage. Had Brady opted to look at him, he was in good position for a big play and a touchdown."

This statement is ludicrous.

The concept they are executing is commonly known as a three man "Snag"

Number one from the sideline runs the "Snag" which is what Eldelman runs here not a dig. Number 2 (Lafell) runs a corner route, not a Fade and Number 3 (Vereen) runs a Slide or a Swing. The play is designed to put a vertical and a horizontal stretch on the coverage. Brady has a specific set of reads he must follow in order for the play to be successful against various coverages.

In this case, Minny is running a combo zone/man coverage gaining a defender on Gronk on the back side of the concept.

This is the look. Minny is in Cover 4 to the Offenses' left and Man to the right. They roll to a single high coverage when Edelman motions. There are two backer's in the box. The concept is being run to the left. You have Edelman, Lefell and Vereen aligned to that side of the formation.

http://nesn.com/2012/02/tom-brady-r...ns-felt-bad-for-putting-spotlight-on-himself/

INDIANAPOLIS — Quarterback Tom Brady said Wednesday he was remorseful for announcing that he "sucked" immediately after the Patriots' victory against the Ravens in the AFC Championship. Brady still wasn't happy about his two interceptions in that game, but he felt like he took some attention away from his teammates who carried the team to the win. "To turn the ball over two times like I did, I didn't feel like that was certainly my best performance," Brady said. "I wish I didn't say it because I didn't want to take away from what the team had accomplished, and certainly we had accomplished a lot to get to this point in the season and to be a very good team in the AFC Championship Game. To fight back like we did — we were down in that game — I think we've proven that we're a pretty mentally tough team. We're trying to put our best out there this weekend."

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2012/02/tom-brady-r...ns-felt-bad-for-putting-spotlight-on-himself/

I think Brady is one of the least selfish, least diva-ish QBs the NFL has ever seen, as well as being one of the true students of the game. I don't believe for a minute that he elevates his importance over anyone else on the team, nor do I think BB would pander to anyone who acted so selfishly (ya hear me, Wanker?)

Brady has developed bad habits; he is aware of the problem, and now he will attempt to remedy the situation.

Edelman Motions to set up his Snag release under Lafell's release. The diagrams show the frontside routes, Snag, Corner & Slide. The corner helps the Snag get off the ball and the Snag/Slide puts a stretch on the Linebacker in the box who is Brady's initial read in this concept.

The routes create a Triangle pattern stretching the coverage. Brady's read under cuts Edelman's Snag route to cover Vereen's Slide route. This is Brady's read. If the LB squats on the Snag, Brady moves onto the High/Low Corner/Slide Route stretch. If The LB Covers the Slide he hits the Snag.

This is exactly what Brady does. The read says throw it to Edelman so he threw it to Edelman. Edleman is wide open at the time Brady throws the ball. At no time does Lafell's corner route come open, ever.

Minny is in Man on the Back-side and are doubling Gronk. The other LB is in a wall position on Gronk, who sits to stretch him away from the Snag route, comes off and makes the tackle but this is a very well executed concept. In fact, Brady would have been derelict to pass up his read (Edleman) to go for the big play in Lafell and would have gotten well deserved grief for it.

Minny actually had a good defense on to cover this but they executed it rather poorly. If the Read backer had just squatted on Edelman this prob would have been a sack.

if he isn't fire the OC, he knows he is missing them in game and again watching film.

As I said he knows, if not fire the staff for being a bunch of ball washers. McDaniels has HC experience, he has offers to walk away, IF Tom became so egocentric the OC would have walked.

Tom knows but is refusing to adapt his reads to those of the WR's, Maybe Tom has it wrong not them... Odds are 100 WR's cant be running the wrong route.

AWTE, are you absolutely sure Brady isn't just acting like a spoiled diva, and refusing to throw to those players he believes are beneath him?

Back