Brady needs 5 TDs for the record

Alcoholic9*

Reaction score
In 3 games.... no way in hell that record wont be his. Sorry for ya Peyton!

I suspect Polian will file a grievance or last minute appeal that QBs can only throw one TD pass in the remaining four games of any season.

As a Colts fan I would be lieing if I said I dont care if Brady breaks the record, it sure does look like he will. It will be a shame but hey Im not going to loose sleep over it because in the end it all comes down to winning !! Im sure if Brady breaks the record and you guys bow out in the Playoffs you would all throw the record away for another title !!

daedge on 12-10-2007 at 03:55 AM said:
As a Colts fan I would be lieing if I said I dont care if Brady breaks the record, it sure does look like he will. It will be a shame but hey Im not going to loose sleep over it because in the end it all comes down to winning !! Im sure if Brady breaks the record and you guys bow out in the Playoffs you would all throw the record away for another title !!
You mean like the Colts did when Manning broke the record?

Go get it, baby.

But, I take comfort in the fact that the record to Brady is a mere by-product of this historic season. The real goal has and always will be the pursuit of a championship.

With this receiving corps, he's got as good a shot as any. I still can't believe what I'm seeing. If Randy Moss concentrates a little better, Brady's sitting at 46 today and Moss himself becomes only the second NFL player to have 20 TD receptions in a single season.

All in good time...

he may tie or beat it next week against the jesters. can't tell me that belichick doesn't have running up the score for that game.

SamBam39* on 12-10-2007 at 05:08 AM said:
You mean like the Colts did when Manning broke the record?

yeah. Exactly like that.

There's no way he'll NOT break it, and honestly, I'm okay with that.

But I do find it mildly amusing how all of a sudden, records and stats mean something to Pats fans.....

>)

cka203 on 12-10-2007 at 08:25 AM said:

But I do find it mildly amusing how all of a sudden, records and stats mean something to Pats fans.....

>)
only thing I can figure is it is residue from D22 in the AC forum

>)

I have been one that said that stats don't matter, that winning does matter. But that was when Stats were all that the pro-Manning people had to lean on.

I've softened on that stance since Manning won his. He legitimized those stats and records, IMO, by winning the big one.

Tell me Marino wouldn't look better with a ring or two. Tell me Montana wouldn't look more human minus a ring or two.

That was my (and probably most Pats fans) point back when I was anti-stat regarding Manning.

Brady would win the SB by plowing over Manning's Colts and then all we'd hear about was how much better Manning was. It was annoying. Stats stats stats, meanwhile Manning couldn't win the big one.

But now Brady is showing that given weapons he can produce 'stats' with the best of them.

If Brady leads the Patriots to another Superbowl it will be the biggest EFF YOU to all of those trolls that harped on Stats while Manning was putting them up and then falling flat in crunch time.

If Brady does lead the Pats to another playoff bow-out, then the point that stats < rings is doubly cemented.

Stats and records are nice, but if Brady was putting them up while not winning Superbowls they wouldn't mean much.

Which was my argument against Manning before he'd won a ring.

:shrug:

>)

only because for years brady's been overlooked by some sporting "experts."

I'll tell you what I find humorous- all the "well, the records won't mean anything if they bow out of the playoffs early"

where is the expectation for that? The Pats need to win 1 of their last 3 games to wrap up homefield.

Also, last time I checked, Brady was 12-2 career in the playoffs, and has NEVER had a team this good, not even in the back-to-back seasons.

Oh well, I guess it's just desperation that somebody would cling to that.

>)

Truth be told, I don't know that all of us do.

I actually don't care one way or another. It'd be nice for him on an individual level but anything short of a SB victory is meaningless as far as I'm concerned.

I think at least part of the faction that is tracking the TD totals are people who hate Manning and want to see "Brady" where once was "Manning". I'm just not one of those.

I am not so sure how important it really is to anyone here. Obviously, winning the Superbowl is the only thing that really counts.

But it IS news, it can't just be ignored.

Undertaker #59* on 12-10-2007 at 09:58 AM said:
I am not so sure how important it really is to anyone here. Obviously, winning the Superbowl is the only thing that really counts.

But it IS news, it can't just be ignored.

I agree 100%!

I'm just pokin a few fun jabs at those who always gave Colts fans a hard time about stats and records.

It's definitely something to be proud of, as an individual and as a team. And like I said, I'm not upset in the least by Brady getting it. He's a helluva QB and deserves the accolades he's getting!

I’ve always loved witnessing records being challenged over the years and want to see what can happen with Brady, Moss and the Patriots challenging the past.

I also realize how privileged I am to witness a team as special as this Patriots team truly is this year.

Back