Brady will just do it on his own

I get a page error, which I would assume would not bode well for Brady doing it on his own.

I get a page error, which I would assume would not bode well for Brady doing it on his own.
For some reason the link is not working but if you copy and paste the url it works.
http://profootballmock.com/tom-brady-****-ill-just-win-games/

Or, here's the text:
By Tom Brady Updated: October 16, 2013
Everyone thinks it’s so easy to be me. They look at my life and see nothing but supermodel sex, high-end fashion, and bitching haircuts that are cool and awesome and look nothing like Tom Hanks in “Forrest Gump” despite with some assholes might say.
Well it might surprise you to know that life as the greatest quarterback in NFL history isn’t all just milkshakes and blowjobs. Do you have any idea the amount of hardships I have to endure in my life? For what feels like the 48th year in a row now, do you know who is expected to carry the entire Patriots team on his broad and handsome shoulders? That’s right. Me. **** IT. I’LL JUST HAVE TO WIN ALL THESE GAMES BY MYSELF, I GUESS.
What am I talking about, you ask? Oh nothing. Just the fact that we found out yesterday our superstar LB Jerrod Mayo is probably out for the rest of the year with a torn pectoral muscle. Well that’s just ****ing great. I guess we’ll have to rely even more on our other defensive stars like Vince Wilfork. Oh no, wait, he’s out for the year too isn’t he? Okay, well at least we still have our shutdown CB Aqib Talib to neutralize the opposing team’s best wideout. What’s that you’re saying? ”Talib is injured too, Mr. Brady?” YES, I KNOW ASSHOLE. I WAS BEING SARCASTIC.
SO THIS IS JUST SWELL. Our defense is now reduced to Brandon Spikes, Devon McCourty, and 9 other guys who I couldn’t name if Bill Belichick’s life depended on it. Looks like ol’ Tom Terrific’s gonna have to score about 50 points a game from now on to keep this playoff train a’rolling.
But hold up a second. Scoring 50 a game’s not gonna be all that easy. Know why? First of all, Rob Gronkowski’s daddy STILL won’t let him play because I guess his bruised cervix hasn’t fully healed yet. And to make matters worse, everyone in the Massachusetts legal system continues to be total dicks by insisting that Aaron Hernandez has to remain locked up, even though they know just how much I need him down in the red zone. ****ERS.
Danny Amendola? He’s barely played for us this season because of the wide variety of injuries he’s suffered since we signed him back in March. GEE, WHO COULD’VE POSSIBLY SEEN THAT COMING? THAT FRAGILE MOTHER****ER PULLS A HAMMY EACH WEEK JUST LISTENING TO THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.
Oh, but the injuries don’t stop there. Remember how Shane Vereen looked like a stud in week 1, and it seemed as though we’d finally have a legit rushing attack to keep the heat off me? WELL THE FOOTBALL GODS CAN’T HAVE THAT NOW, CAN THEY? So naturally, Vereen had to have wrist surgery right after that game and he’s been out ever since. What about Stevan Ridley? That punk-ass has been in and out of our lineup more than my dick’s been in and out of your mom. So that means my offensive weaponry has been reduced to Kenbrell Thompkins, LaGarrette Blount, and of course HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED UNTIL HE LEARNS HOW TO PROPERLY RETURN A HI-5.
Meanwhile out in Denver, Peyton ****head Manning’s o-line gives him enough time to take a five step drop in that pocket, paint his fingernails a lovely shade of orange, and apply a fresh coat of mascara before deciding which of his ten or twelve pro-bowl receivers he’s going to throw the ball to. And I’ll bet none of them leaves him hanging for a hi-5, either.
Wes Welker used to hi-5 me all the time.
No. NO! I WILL NOT FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF. That’s something that quarterbacks without movie star good looks and supermodel wives do. I am Thomas E. Brady and the E stands for “Everyone Can Suck My Balls.” I singlehandedly carried this team to a 5-1 record while everyone else on this miserable squad was in the training room getting taped or the prison shower getting raped. So now I’ll just have to keep on carrying them all the way to a 15-1 record, and right on through to the Super Bowl. Fine. I’m used to it. Not like I ain’t done it before.
So look out Jets. Because I’m coming for you this weekend. It’s going to be the New York Gang Green versus the New England Gang of One. All 22 of you versus all 1 of me. I THINK YOU’RE GONNA NEED MORE GUYS. TOM BRADY AIN’T SCARED.

FYI, the obscenity filter is what is goofing up the URL.
(i.e. The eff word is getting asterisked out)

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/p...england-patriots-mailbag-tide-turns-tom-brady

It never ceases to amaze how quickly the storylines shift in the NFL.
One week after "Brady Magic" helped produce one of the most dramatic regular-season comeback victories in Tom Brady's 14-season career, the tone of discussion surrounding Brady has changed dramatically in this week's Patriots mailbag.
After Brady struggled in Sunday's 30-27 loss to the Jets, some are wondering if this is the start of his decline as a player.
We'll sum up our answer in one word, with a few extra letters added for effect: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I thought Tedy Bruschi summed it up best in his weekly chat when he wrote: "Did anyone think Brady was declining after last week's win over the Saints? This is the way it goes week to week. I understand you have such passion that when you follow these teams, you want immediate answers. But the answer for Brady's performance is this: He didn't play well against the Jets on Oct. 20, 2013. But one week ago, on Oct. 13, 2013, Brady led a magical comeback that had everyone saying 'This guy has a lot left in the tank.' This is the NFL. This is how it goes. And this is why you say it over and over again, but sometimes it's not believed -- FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT. When the offense doesn't play well, you hope the defense does. Or vice versa. Or special teams forces a turnover. … Tom Brady didn't play well [Sunday]. He can play better. What you need to ask yourself is this: Do you think he will play better? I do."

Let's get to the questions:

Q. Mike, are we seeing the beginning of the end for Tom Brady? He is missing wide-open guys on a fairly regular basis, and that has nothing to do with the young guys. -- Deck (Clinton, Mass.)

A. Deck, Brady did not play well Sunday, and that's as far as it goes from this viewpoint. I don't think it has anything to do with any type of overall decline. He made a bad decision on the pick-six, his accuracy was sporadic, receivers weren't getting open consistently, tight ends were missing blocks in the running game, and the offensive line crumbled. It was more than just Brady, but he certainly didn't help the cause.

[+] Enlarge<cite>Ed Mulholland/USA TODAY Sports</cite>While Brady wasn't at his best on Sunday, keep in mind that receivers weren't getting open consistently, tight ends were missing blocks and the offensive line crumbled.

Q. I am not an alarmist, but hear me out, and I make these comments as a big TB fan. Brady has been off all season, in particular with the deep ball (although actually his deep-ball stats were down last season as well). Sure, there have been drops, and timing with new receivers can be blamed for part of it as well. But only a complete homer could look at the game film from each game and not recognize that there are, on a consistent basis, poor throws and poor decisions by Brady. He has consistently overthrown or underthrown on deep passes and at times seems to not even recognize people who are uncovered or wide open (by NFL standards). I know no one better is walking through the door (nor might ever), and I also recognize that the intangibles that he brings are probably unmatched. But we are now seven games into a season. As a fan, what is there that tells me we are not seeing a great QB on the back end of his career, who now simply has decent arm strength and average accuracy and decision-making? -- Keith (Shelton, Conn.)

A. Keith, Brady has created a high standard over his career and I think it's fair to say that standard hasn't been reached consistently this year. At the same time, I look at things a little differently as it relates to the whole "back-end-of-his career" and "decline" stuff. Football is a team game and the quarterback can't do it all himself. The blocking was atrocious in the third quarter on Sunday, creating a situation that would have made life hard for most quarterbacks. The receivers aren't getting open consistently. The play calling, from my view, isn't giving the running game enough of a chance to get going to ease the burden on the up-and-down passing game. This isn't to spare Brady accountability, because I think he'd be the first to admit he can play better, but I maintain that if he's the biggest problem for the team than ultimately it will still be in the championship hunt. Not many were having this discussion last week after he led the impressive comeback against the Saints.

Q. Mike, I am a huge Brady fan. Have been since his first win against Indy back in 2000. I have to say, something is wrong with him -- he is not the same. I know age is a factor, but not really; he is 36, and in today's world that's not ancient. My question is: Do you think the fire is still there? -- Frank (Hudson, N.H.)

A. Frank, I have no doubt that the fire is still there. It's the execution that needs to improve, not just from Brady but from the pieces around him. I'd implore anyone pinning this solely on Brady to go back and watch the third quarter of Sunday's game closely and write down a note next to each play as to why it broke down. Brady would be the reason on a few plays (bad decision on the pick-six), but he wouldn't be at the top of the overall list. It was a mess -- just bad, bad, bad offensive football -- and Brady is far from the only reason why. They couldn't execute simple fundamentals, such as blocking the opponent in front of them. Part of that is a credit to the Jets. They get paid, too. But these players are better than what they showed in that poor quarter of football.

Q. Mike, while I was obviously disappointed that the Patriots lost on a fairly obscure penalty that was called for the first time in NFL history, I can't really complain since it appeared to be the correct interpretation of the rule (similar to the tuck rule in 2001). However, I would be upset if it turned out that this pushing action has occurred often this year across the league, but had never been called. For example, you noted that Chris Jones made the same motion against the Saints last week but the penalty wasn't called. What is your sense on how often it happens around the league? I have to think that in a frenzied field goal defense play, the pushing is not uncommon and in that case maybe the Patriots were unfairly singled out? -- Dave B. (San Francisco)

[+] Enlarge<cite>Joe Camporeale/USA TODAY Sports</cite>There's plenty of blame to go around for the confusion over the field goal penalty on Sunday.

A. Dave, former NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira tweeted that examples of the play happening this season were put on a weekly training tape sent out to all officials. So based on that, we can assume it has been happening around the league, but as for the level, I am not sure. I thought it was clear the Jets did the same thing Sunday, with slightly more subtlety, on Stephen Gostkowski's 44-yard field goal to tie the game at 27. If you're going to call the Patriots, I don't see how they don't call it on the Jets. That is the type of inconsistency that would understandably irk any coach. In saying that, you also can't take credit away from the Jets. They controlled the line of scrimmage and made enough plays in critical situations to win the game.

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/p...england-patriots-mailbag-tide-turns-tom-brady

It never ceases to amaze how quickly the storylines shift in the NFL.
One week after "Brady Magic" helped produce one of the most dramatic regular-season comeback victories in Tom Brady's 14-season career, the tone of discussion surrounding Brady has changed dramatically in this week's Patriots mailbag.
After Brady struggled in Sunday's 30-27 loss to the Jets, some are wondering if this is the start of his decline as a player.
We'll sum up our answer in one word, with a few extra letters added for effect: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I thought Tedy Bruschi summed it up best in his weekly chat when he wrote: "Did anyone think Brady was declining after last week's win over the Saints? This is the way it goes week to week. I understand you have such passion that when you follow these teams, you want immediate answers. But the answer for Brady's performance is this: He didn't play well against the Jets on Oct. 20, 2013. But one week ago, on Oct. 13, 2013, Brady led a magical comeback that had everyone saying 'This guy has a lot left in the tank.' This is the NFL. This is how it goes. And this is why you say it over and over again, but sometimes it's not believed -- FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT. When the offense doesn't play well, you hope the defense does. Or vice versa. Or special teams forces a turnover. … Tom Brady didn't play well [Sunday]. He can play better. What you need to ask yourself is this: Do you think he will play better? I do."

Let's get to the questions:

Q. Mike, are we seeing the beginning of the end for Tom Brady? He is missing wide-open guys on a fairly regular basis, and that has nothing to do with the young guys. -- Deck (Clinton, Mass.)

A. Deck, Brady did not play well Sunday, and that's as far as it goes from this viewpoint. I don't think it has anything to do with any type of overall decline. He made a bad decision on the pick-six, his accuracy was sporadic, receivers weren't getting open consistently, tight ends were missing blocks in the running game, and the offensive line crumbled. It was more than just Brady, but he certainly didn't help the cause.

[+] Enlarge<cite>Ed Mulholland/USA TODAY Sports</cite>While Brady wasn't at his best on Sunday, keep in mind that receivers weren't getting open consistently, tight ends were missing blocks and the offensive line crumbled.

Q. I am not an alarmist, but hear me out, and I make these comments as a big TB fan. Brady has been off all season, in particular with the deep ball (although actually his deep-ball stats were down last season as well). Sure, there have been drops, and timing with new receivers can be blamed for part of it as well. But only a complete homer could look at the game film from each game and not recognize that there are, on a consistent basis, poor throws and poor decisions by Brady. He has consistently overthrown or underthrown on deep passes and at times seems to not even recognize people who are uncovered or wide open (by NFL standards). I know no one better is walking through the door (nor might ever), and I also recognize that the intangibles that he brings are probably unmatched. But we are now seven games into a season. As a fan, what is there that tells me we are not seeing a great QB on the back end of his career, who now simply has decent arm strength and average accuracy and decision-making? -- Keith (Shelton, Conn.)

A. Keith, Brady has created a high standard over his career and I think it's fair to say that standard hasn't been reached consistently this year. At the same time, I look at things a little differently as it relates to the whole "back-end-of-his career" and "decline" stuff. Football is a team game and the quarterback can't do it all himself. The blocking was atrocious in the third quarter on Sunday, creating a situation that would have made life hard for most quarterbacks. The receivers aren't getting open consistently. The play calling, from my view, isn't giving the running game enough of a chance to get going to ease the burden on the up-and-down passing game. This isn't to spare Brady accountability, because I think he'd be the first to admit he can play better, but I maintain that if he's the biggest problem for the team than ultimately it will still be in the championship hunt. Not many were having this discussion last week after he led the impressive comeback against the Saints.

Q. Mike, I am a huge Brady fan. Have been since his first win against Indy back in 2000. I have to say, something is wrong with him -- he is not the same. I know age is a factor, but not really; he is 36, and in today's world that's not ancient. My question is: Do you think the fire is still there? -- Frank (Hudson, N.H.)

A. Frank, I have no doubt that the fire is still there. It's the execution that needs to improve, not just from Brady but from the pieces around him. I'd implore anyone pinning this solely on Brady to go back and watch the third quarter of Sunday's game closely and write down a note next to each play as to why it broke down. Brady would be the reason on a few plays (bad decision on the pick-six), but he wouldn't be at the top of the overall list. It was a mess -- just bad, bad, bad offensive football -- and Brady is far from the only reason why. They couldn't execute simple fundamentals, such as blocking the opponent in front of them. Part of that is a credit to the Jets. They get paid, too. But these players are better than what they showed in that poor quarter of football.

Q. Mike, while I was obviously disappointed that the Patriots lost on a fairly obscure penalty that was called for the first time in NFL history, I can't really complain since it appeared to be the correct interpretation of the rule (similar to the tuck rule in 2001). However, I would be upset if it turned out that this pushing action has occurred often this year across the league, but had never been called. For example, you noted that Chris Jones made the same motion against the Saints last week but the penalty wasn't called. What is your sense on how often it happens around the league? I have to think that in a frenzied field goal defense play, the pushing is not uncommon and in that case maybe the Patriots were unfairly singled out? -- Dave B. (San Francisco)

[+] Enlarge<cite>Joe Camporeale/USA TODAY Sports</cite>There's plenty of blame to go around for the confusion over the field goal penalty on Sunday.

A. Dave, former NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira tweeted that examples of the play happening this season were put on a weekly training tape sent out to all officials. So based on that, we can assume it has been happening around the league, but as for the level, I am not sure. I thought it was clear the Jets did the same thing Sunday, with slightly more subtlety, on Stephen Gostkowski's 44-yard field goal to tie the game at 27. If you're going to call the Patriots, I don't see how they don't call it on the Jets. That is the type of inconsistency that would understandably irk any coach. In saying that, you also can't take credit away from the Jets. They controlled the line of scrimmage and made enough plays in critical situations to win the game.

ROFL....:coffee:

I just assumed that was because Brady was holding onto the ball too long.

:poke:

:)

Yeah he needs to get that number down to .7 seconds....or he needs to be getting rid of it a half of a step into his 3 step drop.

Back