Brandon Browner grand thread (soon to be megathread)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m
Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the #Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

Hmmm....

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m
Agent Peter Schaffer said Raiders, Saints, Redskins still in running for Browner. As @RapSheet said, Browner told teammates he's got a deal.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m
Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the #Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

I hope this is true. Watching some of Browners highlights, dude is physical

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
A well-placed Patriots source: "Browner wants to be in NE, I think we are close, but it's a tough deal to do because of suspension, etc."

Sounds to me like Pats offered enough for him to sign but agent wants to see how much he can squeeze out of them with offers from other teams

Brandon Browner sign with NE... or not?

Ian Rapoport<S>@</S>RapSheet <SMALL class=time>21m </SMALL>
Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the <S>#</S>Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

but...

Adam Schefter<S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>8m </SMALL>
A well-placed Patriots source: "Browner wants to be in NE, I think we are close, but it's a tough deal to do because of suspension, etc."

so here we are. it looks like Browner has been sold on coming to NE a la BB but the agent wants to find a more lucrative deal I guess...
I wonder where this goes..

Ian Rapoport<S>@</S>RapSheet <SMALL class=time>21m </SMALL>
Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the <S>#</S>Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

but...

Adam Schefter<S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>8m </SMALL>

so here we are. it looks like Browner has been sold on coming to NE a la BB but the agent wants to find a more lucrative deal I guess...

It goes here.

It would COST $2.6 mil to cut/trade Kyle Arrington so...he's got to be coming in as a safety.

With an agent getting fired if his client doesnt play for the team he wants to play for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forum Runner

Ian Rapoport<s>@</s>RapSheet<small class="time">21m</small>
Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the <s>#</s>Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

but...

Adam Schefter<s>@</s>AdamSchefter<small class="time">8m</small>

His agent is saying no....
http://nfltraderumors.co/report-jet...b-brandon-browner-but-hes-an-unlikely-option/

It goes here.

It would COST $2.6 mil to cut/trade Kyle Arrington so...he's got to be coming in as a safety.

I wish we just cut Arrington.... he is probably going to be a back up and nothing more....

Good lord what an embarrassing train wreck this is turning out for the reporters....
Posted via Mobile Device

It's the sanders mess all over again. Is he or isn't he signed. That be a big upgrade to the secondary. Big question will be be moved over to safety.

There was an agreement last night. Nothing was signed til Revis passed a Physical.

Yeah, but his agent was vehement that there wasn't an agreement, is all.

It's the sanders mess all over again. Is he or isn't he signed. That be a big upgrade to the secondary. Big question will be be moved over to safety.

It's not like Sanders at all. Sanders was a restricted Free Agent. The Steelers had a chance to match the offer sheet, and they did. The end.

Sounds to me like Pats offered enough for him to sign but agent wants to see how much he can squeeze out of them with offers from other teams

Sounds like the agent is trying to do his job however his bluff is easily called. Brandon wants to be a Patriot from the sounds of it... Can't show your cards before you negotiate lol

Yeah, but his agent was vehement that there wasn't an agreement, is all. It's not like Sanders at all. Sanders was a restricted Free Agent. The Steelers had a chance to match the offer sheet, and they did. The end.
The big question for the longest time. Did the pats sign him to a offer sheet. Way to be conflicting reports during that time

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

Sounds to me, actually, like the agent is trying to get paid as if the 4-game suspension didn't exist. :shrug:

Supposedly (rumors), the Jets and Saints are still in the running for Browner, and possibly the Seahawks want him back.

Back