Brett Had to Run a Penalty Lap Today--histerical article!

PatsChamps6x

Flipping off Goodell
Reaction score
This is really funny and spot on!

Monday, Aug 11, 2008 10:21 am EDT

Brett Favre ran a lap, and it made me feel sad all day
By MJD
I was hoping that after Brett Favre was traded to the Jets, everyone would relax, take a deep breath, slow down with the FavreLust, and slowly regain the knowledge that other football players still exist in the universe.

Nope.

About 36 hours after it happened, Brett Favre running a lap in practice was still the number four headline on ESPN.com, after only Paddy Harrington's PGA win, Michael Phelps winning his second gold, and Kyle Busch winning a car race.

One lap around the practice field. That's what happened. That's all that happened. The man fumbled, and his coach, saying that Favre is "one of the guys," made him run a lap. And then he did so, quite slowly.

Here's the enthralling video that a fan shot at the practice.

The Jets even released a statement from Favre about it.

It is part of [being on] the team. It's not punishment. It's more of a team unity thing. Nick and I ran it. I told Eric, day one, that unless I pass out, I am going to try and do everything that everyone else does. I'm no different aside from being a little gray-headed and a little bit older. Tony Richardson and I combined have 33 years. That counts for something. But ultimately it is about the team. Is it to get into shape? No. Is it a punishment? No. It is a reminder of how important the team is.

I don't know if I have ever run a penalty lap.

Maybe little league. Maybe. Some coaches believe in doing things like that. It all serves its purpose in the end. You are trying to build unity. In our situation here you are trying to build chemistry. There is a great mixture of veterans. When I say veterans, I am going from eight games to 15, 12, 10 years. A lot of those [experienced players] or faces are new here, so we have to build some chemistry pretty quickly.

The crowd was cheering and all of that stuff. I am not embarrassed by [running a lap]. I think it is kind of funny, but yet it serves its purpose. I think things like that are important in the fact that everyone is involved in it.

This makes me feel sad and confused, and I just want it to stop. Please make it stop. With less than a month until the season opens, I should feel excited, but this makes me feel afraid. If a penalty lap generates all this attention right now, when Favre actually throws a touchdown pass, I'm afraid of what's going to happen.

I'm afraid that ESPN will launch a whole new channel called ESPN Favre, and that they won't just stop at Chris Berman doing 24-hour highlights of Favre watching film, eating cereal, scratching himself, napping, mowing his lawn, applying deodorant and watching himself on ESPN Favre. I'm afraid that they'll actually make Berman go door-to-door to every house in America and actually read the highlights to everyone in person.

here's the scintillating video of Brett running said lap.....:doh:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HTatixUSOU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HTatixUSOU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROFL

Is that video sissy or gay or what? Just asking

I can't get enough Brett Favre:zzz:

I'm afraid that ESPN will launch a whole new channel called ESPN Favre, and that they won't just stop at Chris Berman doing 24-hour highlights of Favre watching film, eating cereal, scratching himself, napping, mowing his lawn, applying deodorant and watching himself on ESPN Favre. I'm afraid that they'll actually make Berman go door-to-door to every house in America and actually read the highlights to everyone in person.

Classic! :toast:

here's the scintillating video of Brett running said lap.....:doh:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HTatixUSOU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HTatixUSOU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROFL

OMG, it's like the Zapruder film! "Back, and to the left.... back, and to the left..."

AWTE or BOR: Please analyze the above video. The foot works looks awkward to me, as if Brett's pants were full of something.

AWTE or BOR: Please analyze the above video. The foot works looks awkward to me, as if Brett's pants were full of something.

Depends. :shrug:

Good thing he doesn't have to run for Int's. He wouldn't make it through practice

OH No faVre ran a lap. what next they going to do a entire story on favre first Int or TD. Big Deal .

Back