Bruschi retirment?

PennPatsFan

Reaction score
He's been talking about it for a while. I remember last seson he said he was, then decided not to. Anyone know for sure if he plans on cashing in soon?

C'mon - two vengence years in a row? Don't you think you've had enough of vengence?

Physically he doesn't have much left, even if he still wants to play. If anything, it will be in a very limited role next year, but I think he will retire. He's an undersized ILB who can't run anymore. Thats a bad combo.

<<
Physically he doesn't have much left, even if he still wants to play.
>>

I wouldn't say 92 tackles was "not much left".

harrisonhits on 02-08-2008 at 08:34 PM said:
<<
>>

Depends on how you look at it. When it comes to tackles and passes defended, a lot of time it's because that LB or DB is considered the "weak link" and is picked on.

I certainly don't mind if Bruschi, Seau, and Harrison all stick around. But frankly I think they're all way past starting. The Pats need to find some new LB and DB blood and let those guys sub in.

PennPatsFan on 02-08-2008 at 06:55 PM said:
He's been talking about it for a while. I remember last seson he said he was, then decided not to. Anyone know for sure if he plans on cashing in soon?

You never know after some of the serious health issues he has faced? I wouldn't be shocked if he called it a career.

ColtinIraq on 02-08-2008 at 07:52 PM said:
C'mon - two vengence years in a row? Don't you think you've had enough of vengence?

The Colts had that "vengence" thing going in '03, '04, and '05 before finally "breaking through." You should know just as well as we do at this point. Do you ever think before you post?

Anyways, back on topic: I'd love to see Bruschi back next season and still think he can contribute. Losing Colvin to injury cannot be overlooked and it really hampered the depth at LB this season. I think if Bruschi comes back, and with a healthy Colvin, they can move Thomas back inside. I think Seau will retire, unfortunately. Stranger things have happened though, stay tuned...

Patriots4ever on 02-08-2008 at 09:22 PM said:
The Colts had that "vengence" thing going in '03, '04, and '05 before finally "breaking through." You should know just as well as we do at this point. Do you ever think before you post?

He doesn't have time due to all the Iraqi bullets he's dodging in Texas.

harrisonhits on 02-08-2008 at 08:34 PM said:
<<
>>

When many of those are coming 5 and 6 yards down field I wouldn't get too excited. Plus he can't stay on the field for passing downs.

Back