"Butler top three Cornerback in NFL" per

two part, is Butler top 3 cb? is pats defense good enough to win it all

• I am so confused, just looking for the thomas option

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
Charles Woodson according to ESPN's Trent Dilfer on Dale and Holley as they discussed the Patriots Defense being good enough to win it all.

link

do you agree or disagree about Butler and the defense?

I think he is and they are.

what says you

Poll coming.

After watching the game again I've come to the conclusion this defense can be fixed. It seemed to me the DBs were over thinking and losing focus on their man because of it. Chung was particularly guilty but Logan Ryan was also a part of it. That TD at the end of the first half was all on Chung. Rich Hill of PatsPulpit explains:

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/11/1...r-execution-logan-ryan-patrick-chung-seahawks

and on offense Dilfer screen shot Blount rolling up to the wrong hole, a hole that he penetrated earlier for a score.

CxVWHxiVIAAMqy6.jpg

hijacking my own thread two post in but Dilfer is must listen too! He really knows his stuff and is not afraid to tell you it.

and on offense Dilfer screen shot Blount rolling up to the wrong hole, a hole that he penetrated earlier for a score.

CxVWHxiVIAAMqy6.jpg

hijacking my own thread two post in but Dilfer is must listen too! He really knows his stuff and is not afraid to tell you it.

Yeah I enjoy listening to him.

Butler's pretty darn good. Top 3? I'd say for sure top 5. But top 3 is pushing it a bit. Sherman, Peterson, Harris JR, Verrett, Talib and Butler are all in the conversation. Tough to put him above all but 2 of these guys.

Pats D? MEH. They're usually a well coached team. The team seems to always get the most out of the players. I'm not sure the talent is on the team however. So to answer the question, talent wise no way. Coaching wise I think you could make a case for a top 3 defense. That said, was last week just a bad week? If that's what we are going to see since after the trade, I'd say no way a top 3. That trade might have hurt the team more that BB thought it would.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

CxVWHxiVIAAMqy6.jpg

Looks like Bennett got away with a hold?
Back em up 10 and things might have been different?

After watching the game again I've come to the conclusion this defense can be fixed. It seemed to me the DBs were over thinking and losing focus on their man because of it. Chung was particularly guilty but Logan Ryan was also a part of it. That TD at the end of the first half was all on Chung. Rich Hill of PatsPulpit explains:

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/11/1...r-execution-logan-ryan-patrick-chung-seahawks

I will believe you that it can be fixed, but right now after what I saw, I do not believe that will win you a superbowl unless our offense just scores on every drive.

He certainly didn't play top 3 this past weekend.

He was part of a sh!tty Defense that means of course not.

But was it his play? Scheme? Or both?

The entire defensive backfield played too soft whether in zone or man. They left each other out to dry since no one actually covered a receiver.

Pats defense for the season are like #6 or #7 in pts allowed, but in the bottom half of almost every other category. IMO the Pats offense is the teams best defense. The offense scores a lot and or helps tremendously in the field position game. Thus giving the defense a better chance to succeed. Not to mention the lack of turnovers the offense give up. If your offense is playing poorly that puts more pressue on the defense, and they are not good enough to deal with that kind of pressure for long periods. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Charles Woodson according to ESPN's Trent Dilfer on Dale and Holley as they discussed the Patriots Defense being good enough to win it all.

link

what says you

Poll coming.

If they improve a lot...sure, why not?

If they keep playing like shit...HELL NO!

They suck ass currently though... :coffee:

link

what says you

Poll coming.

Even with the KC thing...Dilfer is one of the better sports analysts.

He was part of a sh!tty Defense that means of course not.

But was it his play? Scheme? Or both?

Butler is the best in the secondary...I don't think that he is the problem...at all.

DMC isn't worth what he is getting paid. Flat out, he either isn't very good, or, the Pats are using him WRONG. Do the Pats just play him as the band aid in the secondary? That is stupid, if so...he COULD be really good...so, I'm going with bad scheme. He is too passive though, he should be a screaming shit weasel out there on the field. He should be a lot more vocal. Seriously...

Logan Ryan SUCKS ASS...and should be cut. Coleman too. Junk...they might be fast, but, WTF? In years past, Ryan could pull out a few INT's...but, now he can't even do that.

Butler was not his usual self. I hope the Ty Law and the Rodney Harrison comments Give them the same feeling to overachieve like Brady after KC. That would be awesome. Unfortunately we won't know until they play against the Ravens or Broncos. A team that plays smash mouth and then we will see if they ready for that SB. If they get there then we smash Dallas out of the water but if it's the ****ing Seahawks well at least we smash them in a close game

I love Butler. I think if he had a decent corner opposite him and an above average Dline in front of him, he would be ranked even higher. Still, give this Pats defense some time. They did just lose Collins and have to figure out the right guys going forward. Good defense is based on confidence as well so hopefully some of these tomato can games coming up will get this unit going mentally.

Back