Can Brady be a reserve?

AZPats

Reaction score
Sooner or later every QB who does not immediately retire, faces becoming a reserve and not a starter. Does Brady's personality allow him to become a reserve? Or will he be a disruptive non-team player demanding attention that a reserve no longer merits.

If this preseason is any guide, Brady will not ever accept the demotion from starter. His greedy demand to play in preseason games is an example pf his hyper-competitive nature that will accept no idea of a diminished skills, and reserve status.

Polo has had next to no time with his front line receivers, yet Brady demanded he play in Game 3.

What do y'all think?

Sooner or later every QB who does not immediately retire, faces becoming a reserve and not a starter. Does Brady's personality allow him to become a reserve? Or will he be a disruptive non-team player demanding attention that a reserve no longer merits.

If this preseason is any guide, Brady will not ever accept the demotion from starter. His greedy demand to play in preseason games is an example pf his hyper-competitive nature that will accept no idea of a diminished skills, and reserve status.

Polo has had next to no time with his front line receivers, yet Brady demanded he play in Game 3.

What do y'all think?

Umm...do you really think that any decision on Brady playing in preseason was bradys idea? Brady is the starter, he knows this, the team knows this, there is nothing to see. HIm playing or not playing is up to BB, not Brady. All players want to play. At this point, Brady would have to really drop off the earth in ability and JG would have to blow 4 teams out for this even to be talked about, so not sure this is a thing at this point. Brady is under contract for a couple more years.

I think ideally he retires before it gets to that point.

I think ideally he retires before it gets to that point.

I have not really seen all time greats be reserves unless I am missing one. They usually retire or if they try and hang on ala Montana they go to another team. So no, I do not see Brady in reserve.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

My dream? He threepeats and walks away.

Better than Elway walking away.

My God man, are you trying to kill other fan bases?

He's a fierce competitor. No way does he settle for a job holding a clip board. He doesn't need the money. There's no reason for him to prolong the inevitable.

I have not really seen all time greats be reserves unless I am missing one. They usually retire or if they try and hang on ala Montana they go to another team. So no, I do not see Brady in reserve.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

My God man, are you trying to kill other fan bases?

Yes.

Yes I am.

He's a fierce competitor. No way does he settle for a job holding a clip board. He doesn't need the money. There's no reason for him to prolong the inevitable.

Yeah you just never see that with all timers. As I said, they either retire or the team is forced to move them, they do not become backups.

There was Montana and Favre as examples. Neither accepted their successor. Think Willie Mays in baseball too. Tom Brady has expected to play into his mid-forties. That is an unfortunate delusion, and an an indication and example of not accepting reality.

What do y'all think?

I think you made the premise of a demand up.

There was Montana and Favre as examples. Neither accepted their successor. Think Willie Mays in baseball too. Tom Brady has expected to play into his mid-forties. That is an unfortunate delusion, and an an indication and example of not accepting reality.

Brady saying he will play to mid 40's is a goof, he is not really serious. He will play as long as the team thinks he is best for the job, right now, he is. He is playing at a high level at the moment, when he is not, then I think the team and him will be on the same page, but its hard to say what his attitude would be in a reality that does not exist right now.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

I think you made the premise of a demand up.

I would say so, have no heard a single thing saying Brady demanded anything. BB and Brady have been together long enough to make me think that any decision is made by both of them.

Anyone who has paid attention to BB over the last 16 years knows the following things.

1. If a player's contribution on the field do not meet or exceed the performance that is considered their "value" (ie.e, salary cap hit), they are gone.
  2. If a player is sufficiently disruptive in the locker room, they are gone, regardless of what level of skill they might possess (e.g., Moss)
  3. BB defines what a player's "job" is (i.e., when they play) and if they don't do "their job", they are gone. If they bitch about when they play, well see item 2.

Does this answer your question?

What do y'all think?

Link? Source? Quote?

Back