Celtics

As they should be. They're bigger than just about any other team in the league and KP gives you the length to post up on Embiid and Giannis. If you can dominate the paint, dominate the paint. JT taking it to the rack the way he is this year has made such a difference
The funny thing is the Pacers dominated the paint and they still lost by 51, which is so backwards. The C's are really trying to win in different ways, taking what the defense gives them. I still can't help but to be cautiously optimistic. They were fire to start the last season too before falling into bad habits of seasons past. That shouldn't happen again though if they keep having the offense go through White and Jrue. And completely agree on JT, not just going to the rack but finishing much better than before. The muscle he put on is noticeable, especially in the shoulders, he's a beast.

much better than he did as a coach
I agree with this now. He did get a little lucky with Jrue becoming available, but credit to him for pouncing on it. I almost wonder if he had a wink wink deal with Portland, like hey if you get Jrue in a trade we'll give you this for him. That deal happened fast and Portland might have gotten more if they shopped him longer. Way too early of course but that trade is also not looking good for the Bucks so far. I think the C's are a match up nightmare for them anyway, Jrue has owned Lillard, and the C's have shutdown Lillard in the past(probably mostly because of Smart). The Celtics' killer Middleton isn't looking healthy either.

Players have had a few great Jrue passes bounce off their face so far this season because they weren't expecting it. I hope they're learning to always be ready even if he never looks their way, he knows where everyone is at all times.

Players have had a few great Jrue passes bounce off their face so far this season because they weren't expecting it. I hope they're learning to always be ready even if he never looks their way, he knows where everyone is at all times.
They're not used to a point guard hitting them in good spots on the floor. :coffee:

I am glad we got our first loss out of the way, here is to the next win.

I want to know how many shots it took for these guys to get to 10.000? And what was their FG percentage?
Well, McHale and Parrish were both like 55% shooters on the Celtics, and Bird was like, 49 or 50% that much I remember, let me check the rest. Pierce was like 45%, but he had a shit ton of FTs, I'm pretty sure he's the Celtics franchise leader in FTs made and attempted. And Cousy was like, brutal if I remember right, sub-40% I think.

Back