Celtics

He should be playing like 15-20 minutes a game with Porzingis. He does one thing well, which is the pick and roll game with him, even though that doesn’t account for his joke defense and all the other problems with ball movement.

Last night was a thing of beauty with him out. Almost every player on the team has a higher net rating with Brown off the court (KP is the only one who improves.)

Hauser is a much better fit for the starting unit. He doesn’t get in anyone’s way, makes quick, decisive passes, and is a better shooter than Brown. Brown is incapable of making quick ball movement decisions and is too selfish to not look to score every time he touches the ball. On defense, last night there were five defenders playing helpside defense and crashing the boards instead of four.

I know they’re stuck with his contract but all statistical evidence and the eye test tells me they should severely reduce his playing time. His iso ball style made more sense when they had limited playmaking. With White and Holiday he just mucks everything up.
If Mazula could limit him to 30 minutes a game, without Brown realizing he's being limited, it would do wonders.
Also, there's no excuse for the piss-poor defense. He's actually an excellent defender when he tries (and probably better than Hauser even when he doesn't).

If Mazula could limit him to 30 minutes a game, without Brown realizing he's being limited, it would do wonders.
Also, there's no excuse for the piss-poor defense. He's actually an excellent defender when he tries (and probably better than Hauser even when he doesn't).
That’s why it’s frustrating…I’m not a big enough hater to argue Jaylen Brown isn’t incredibly gifted. He’s very quick and could be a great defender, but he plays off ball standing up, carelessly, with a very low basketball IQ when it comes to screens, switching, help, etc and has no interest in blocking lanes, taking charges, etc. His on ball defense is okay, but it’s not like every NBA player isn’t going to buckle down when all eyes are on them. Hauser isn’t a great defender or anything but he gets the team concept. In fact everyone on the roster gets it except Brown.

That’s why it’s frustrating…I’m not a big enough hater to argue Jaylen Brown isn’t incredibly gifted. He’s very quick and could be a great defender, but he plays off ball standing up, carelessly, with a very low basketball IQ when it comes to screens, switching, help, etc and has no interest in blocking lanes, taking charges, etc. His on ball defense is okay, but it’s not like every NBA player isn’t going to buckle down when all eyes are on them. Hauser isn’t a great defender or anything but he gets the team concept. In fact everyone on the roster gets it except Brown.
He's been a great defender in years past. He was part of that historic defense 2 years ago, and was a big part of it. That's the frustrating part.
For all the talk he did in the offseason, he should have just not signed. But truthfully Stevens needed him to get Porzingas, so, there's that. 27 minutes a night, Joe. Make it happen. He'll never know.

That was an ugly game. But they found a way. Last year. That's probably a loss.

That was an ugly game. But they found a way. Last year. That's probably a loss.
Been a couple of those already. I'm actually curious about what the difference is - I haven't seen a lot of shots in the huddles, but I wonder if a lot less of Marcus Smart running the timeouts is a part of it.

if they lose. Jaylen brown will be the reason.

• Tatum having his high-turnover games when he goes hero ball isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • The defense switching off automatically and just willingly allowing bad matchups all the time isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • The offense just going either iso-ball or bombs away isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • The butchered use of timeouts isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • The unwillingness to make obvious lineup changes isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • etc...

If Jaylen Brown was the entirety of any/all problems, this team would have won multiple titles in the last 10 years.

• Tatum having his high-turnover games when he goes hero ball isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • The defense switching off automatically and just willingly allowing bad matchups all the time isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • The offense just going either iso-ball or bombs away isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • The butchered use of timeouts isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • The unwillingness to make obvious lineup changes isn't on Jaylen Brown.
  • etc...

If Jaylen Brown was the entirety of any/all problems, this team would have won multiple titles in the last 10 years.
When it matters the most. Jaylen brown and his low bball IQ. Will miss a defensive assignment. Or turn the ball over. Or miss free throws late in the game. When he touches the ball. The offense comes to a complete stop. And he can't pass the ball. It's always an emergency pass. Or he jumps in the air. With no idea who he wants to pass the ball to. The team plays better. When he's not in the line-up. Your concerns are legit. But in my opinion. Brown is more likely to sink the Celtics title hopes. He's in the line-up late in games. And that's when he gets tight.

Last edited:
When it matters the most. Jaylen brown and his low bball IQ. Will miss a defensive assignment. Or turn the ball over. Or miss free throws late in the game. When he touches the ball. The offense comes to a complete stop. And he can't pass the ball. It's always an emergency pass. Or he jumps in the air. With no idea who he wants to pass the ball to. If everything you mentioned was the issue. The team wouldn't make the playoffs, lol. And some on here think I'm negative about the team. i think you have me topped me on that. The team plays better. When he's not in the line-up.

We've seen Tatum do much the same. We saw Horford's play collapse last year. And so on, and so on. Blaming everything on Jaylen is just looking for a high visibility scapegoat. It's not really any different, or more accurate, than blaming everything on Marcus Smart.

We've seen Tatum do much the same. We saw Horford's play collapse last year. And so on, and so on. Blaming everything on Jaylen is just looking for a high visibility scapegoat. It's not really any different, or more accurate, than blaming everything on Marcus Smart.
I didn't say I blame everything on Jaylen brown. They haven't lost yet. How can I blame him? I said. If they lose. He will be the reason. He will do something stupid. Or cough the ball up. When it matters the most. it's just my opinon. we agree to disagree.

I don't know about anybody else. But i don't think I can handle all the excitement over the in season tournament. :jerkit:
And i don't know how. I'm going to watch the games. If i have to listen to scal all year. i can't take it. Man does he suck.

Yeah the in season tourney is just bleh. I am watching to, but its what it is. Kinda useless. I am sure the title game will have some juice..and a sneaking opinions that if the Cs want that it might be all they win. They just as of now, don't have the IT factor that wins you titles.

I don't know about anybody else. But i don't think I can handle all the excitement over the in season tournament. :jerkit:
And i don't know how. I'm going to watch the games. If i have to listen to scal all year. i can't take it. Man does he suck.

While I hated that nonsense, the local media is pimping the hell out of it.

I do agree with the need to get rid of the buddy buddy crap in the NBA. I want Cs/Pistons or Cs/Lakers of old even though I have almost zero recollection of those as they happened. I want them to despise other teams and players.

The more scal pumped up the tourney. The more I wanted the Celtics. To not get in.
I do agree with the need to get rid of the buddy buddy crap in the NBA. I want Cs/Pistons or Cs/Lakers of old even though I have almost zero recollection of those as they happened. I want them to despise other teams and players.
80s NBA basketball was must see tv. it was so good.

I remember those days of the Celtics against the Lakers and Pistons, man how I hated those teams and wanted the C's to beat them so badly every time they played. Bill Laimbeer was the worst and Kurt Rambus wasn't far behind him. They'd be tossed every game if they played in todays game.

I remember those days of the Celtics against the Lakers and Pistons, man how I hated those teams and wanted the C's to beat them so badly every time they played. Bill Laimbeer was the worst and Kurt Rambus wasn't far behind him. They'd be tossed every game if they played in todays game.
Larry Bird and Dr. J got in an actual fistfight during a preseason game. That's how much those two teams hated each other.

Back