Celtics

Careless basketball by the C's from start to finish, and the refs even tried to help them as much as they could. They got what they deserved, regroup and win game 4.

That was damn sloppy. The Heat were hurting after Game 2 and showed it and Boston couldn’t respond. I hate all this inconsistency from game to game.

That was damn sloppy. The Heat were hurting after Game 2 and showed it and Boston couldn’t respond. I hate all this inconsistency from game to game.
They really have been their own worst enemy. Outside of maybe 1 game in the Bucks series they have beat themselves with unforced turnovers and too much hero ball, even with some of their wins. It's like they need their backs against the wall before they can focus for a full 48min. It's possible to still play well and lose, like getting good looks and it's just not falling or the other team just shoots lights out, it happens, but I haven't seen that from the C's yet. When they lose they can point the finger at no one but themselves.

They have to start better than that.

I watched the last couple minutes of the first half, and much of the 4th quarter up until the last couple of minutes. They looked pretty good when I was watching!

I watched the last couple minutes of the first half, and much of the 4th quarter up until the last couple of minutes. They looked pretty good when I was watching!
They had 24 turnovers. tatum was a complete no show.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like GS is cruising to the finals. They'll be well-rested too.
Yeah the more I watch them I'm not sure if anyone is beating them. Maybe if the C's can get healthy by then, and they're not the Jekyll and Hyde team we've seen in the last few weeks they will have a puncher's chance. Miami will get destroyed.

Yeah, looks like GS is cruising to the finals. They'll be well-rested too.
I felt that GS had the best path to the Finals coming into the playoffs. It would shock me to see either the Heat or Celtics knock them off.

I've come to believe that virtually every player in the NBA is now a flopper. If you're not one, you lose out on the calls the floppers get. It's become a matter of survival.
This is true, the NBA created that monster. In this case I think Luka was mostly embarrassed, I don't see that he even got hit in the face but he falls like he received a haymaker. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of penalty for embellishment like the NHL has, maybe by challenge, but only on obvious ones like acting like you got hit in the head when you're not even close to being touched.

We're in such a weird series as it was v the Bucks. We played great and Miami sucked in game 2 and then they come back and play well in Game 3 and we play crap. It seems as predictable as clockwork now. Next game, Tatum, Brown, Smart etc will be hurting and will play lights out and we'll win and then so on and so on....

Where is the consistency from any team? I know Basketball is different, in best of 7 series, there are ebbs and flows, but with us, it's a dramatic change from game to game. This is where you really need a Larry Bird or a Dennis Johnson to grab the rest of the team by the neck and drive them relentlessly.

That had to be one of the sloppiest performances by a Celtics team that I've seen in quite some time, they get within 1 point and can't finish it out even while they are playing poorly. Way too many turnovers and they have to start making more of the their free throws. Hopefully Robert Williams is back in the lineup to clog up the middle for tonight's game.

That had to be one of the sloppiest performances by a Celtics team that I've seen in quite some time, they get within 1 point and can't finish it out even while they are playing poorly. Way too many turnovers and they have to start making more of the their free throws. Hopefully Robert Williams is back in the lineup to clog up the middle for tonight's game.
It was hard to watch, it was like I don't know how you got back in the game playing like that but can you focus just for the last couple of minutes at least?! And nope. Butler out the 2nd half, you hate to see opportunities wasted like that, it usually doesn't end well. But hey, they came back and won the Bucks series after that horrific collapse in game 5 so who tf knows. We've had roll coaster rides to championships before, but this will take the cake if they somehow pull it out.

Yeah, I kept changing the channel thinking there was no way they were coming back but Miami got a bit lackadaisical near the end of the 3rd and most of the 4th but Boston didn't want it bad enough. I suspect they will come out firing on all cylinders tonight and if Butler is out again, they SHOULD blow them out of the building.

I've come to believe that virtually every player in the NBA is now a flopper. If you're not one, you lose out on the calls the floppers get. It's become a matter of survival.
Euro Weenie Disease, spreading like monkey pox.

Back