Celtics

Comment:On replay review, the coach's challenge of the shooting foul called on Hield (IND) was deemed successful. The video clearly shows that Hield reaches forward and makes contact with the ball from behind Brown (BOS). While in contact with the ball, Hield also makes minimal contact with Brown's head, and on review that contact was correctly deemed incidental. As the rulebook makes clear, the mere fact that contact occurs does not necessarily constitute a foul; contact which is incidental to an effort by a player to defend an opponent, reach a loose ball, or perform normal defensive or offensive movements is not considered illegal. Play resumed with IND possession, since Nesmith (IND) had imminent possession at the point of interruption.

What a great come back that was. The Celtics games in general are a must watch. They missed one free throw all night. Brown made all of his in clutch situations. That was a very impressive win. Against one of the best teams in the league. And they did it without porzingis.

An interesting choice to post these today - I think Larry right now could have dropped 50 on the Celtics tonight.

From one extreme. To the other. When the threes are falling. They are heroes. When they are shooting bricks. They get stomped. Reminds me of last year. All or nothing. They need to consistently find a way to win. When the bombs aren't falling. This team still has the same problems as last year. And their record is misleading.

Last edited:
From one extreme. To the other. When the threes are falling. They are heroes. When they are shooting bricks. They get stomped. Reminds me of last year. All or nothing. They need to consistently find a way to win. When the bombs aren't falling. This team still has the same problems as last year. And their record is misleading.
but, but. but . . .

We are what our record says we are!

Cheers

Exactly. When the 3s aren't falling, drive to the friggin basket and maybe pick up a foul on the way. Gotta say Kornet has really picked up his game as of late. Just needs the stronger hands on those rebounds though.

Name one other team that can win when their top three offensive players have a cold night.

I’ll just wait.

This is literally true of every NBA team now.

Name one other team that can win when their top three offensive players have a cold night.

I’ll just wait.
They shoot far too many threes. There is a difference between having a cold shooting night. And going cold from the three point line. A normal team would adjust. And try to get to the free throw line. When they aren't making threes. The Celtics just keep hoisting them up. Because their coach relies too much on analytics garbage. Denver and Minnesota. Don't rely on making threes. Now you don't have to wait anymore.

Last edited:
That's not true. Minnesota and Denver. Two of the best teams in the league. are at the bottom in three point shots attempted a game.
And the Celtics are 3 games clear of both of them. Just consider they might be holding back Porzingas and Holiday in the post for playoff time when they really need it - they've gone to it a few times in big games, and it's pretty unstoppable.

And the Celtics are 3 games clear of both of them. Just consider they might be holding back Porzingas and Holiday in the post for playoff time when they really need it - they've gone to it a few times in big games, and it's pretty unstoppable.
The Celtics don't have to worry about other teams. When they lose. They beat themselves. Denver is a better team than the Celtics. Regardless of their current record. They have a ring. And they did it without chucking up a ridiculous amount of three point shots.

Back