Collins traded to Cleveland for a 3rd round pick???

tehrick67

Reaction score
Being reported on Adam Schefters twitter...

Wow. Can't be true. Unless the OL was coming back to us, as well.

Has Chris Mortensen reported this yet? I will only believe it when he reports it.

This can't be the whole story. A 3rd and Joe Thomas would be reasonable.

This just doesn't make any sense unless they knew he would not resign and they wanted to get something in return.

This can't be the whole story. A 3rd and Joe Thomas would be reasonable.

This just doesn't make any sense unless they knew he would not resign and they wanted to get something in return.

Possible. But he's worth than a third round pick, IMO.

What the f**k???

Good god....just for a 3rd round pick??

Reading the various tweets it seems there was the feeling no progress would be made post season with a deal, Patriots reluctant to pay the asking price. He has played like s**t as well the last few games whereas Hightower is pushing for Pats DPOY so far.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
Jamie Collins scheduled for unrestricted free agency after the season. Negotiations had not progressed. Adds context to trade.

Has there been a breakdown between player and coaches??

Patriots trade Jamie Collins to Browns

In a surprising move, the winless Browns are buying right before the trade deadline.

Cleveland has acquired linebacker Jamie Collins from the New England Patriots in exchange for a third-round pick, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport confirmed. ESPN first reported the news.

Around the NFL will have more info on this story shortly.

NFL.com

Doesn't seem right...

Adam Schefter Verified account ‏<s>@</s>AdamSchefter <small class="time"> 8m8 minutes ago </small> Blockbuster deal: Patriots traded LB Jamie Collins to Cleveland for a compensatory third-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Perhaps there is more to the package coming to us but as I said in yesterday's game day thread when he allowed himself to be run over at the goal line, Jaime Collins isn't living up to his previous billing and not to be surprised if BB decides not to re-sign him. It appears BB has already made that decision.

HAS to be more than a 3rd.

My favorite player on the team........

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

HAYDEN and a 3rd, MAYBE. But just a 3rd?????????

Surely confirms that Bill is not happy with the defense's performances. Seeing Collins gashed a few times yesterday must have been the last straw. I have an inkling that Hightower will not be too displeased. When Taylor made his TD run yesterday you could see Hightower turning around and yelling at somebody.

Hightower and Sheard the two UFA's left standing. Butler is RFA.

BB doing BB things....if talks really have broken down, just getting something for him and sending him to a team where he isn't going to potentially hurt us going forward vs him signing with a contender or AFCE team in Free Agency.

Well there goes that jersey...

SSDD

Back