Colts Picks - Your thoughts?

The Patriots also threw the ball 78 times more than the Colts. That are 78 more opportunities for opposing defenses to sack the quarterback.

and...Brady sucks and is slow.

An assessment of the colts draft is what the thread is about. Those are my thoughts on the matter.
You said we gave up twice the "normal" amount of sacks.

We didn't. We gave up 3 more than the Patriots did and ranked middle of the league. You're argument for why we "should" have taken offensive linemen was justified by that false statement.

And there is a difference between a veteran qb being able to deal with pressure compared to a noob or rookie qb. If you cant understand that, then there's nothing else i can say.....
This isn't helping your argument. We gave up 3 more sacks than the Patriots did. You had Tom Brady. We had Dan Orlovsky and Curtis Painter.

Who in that group is going be labeled the "veteren" and who is going to be labeled the "noob?"

Hell, if I put your entire arguement together, the Patriots should have been drafting all offensive linemen this draft.

The Patriots also threw the ball 78 times more than the Colts. That are 78 more opportunities for opposing defenses to sack the quarterback.
This is true, but if we're as bad as Pape is making us out to be, shouldn't we be getting sacked significantly more?

We didn't. We gave up 3 more than the Patriots did and ranked middle of the league. You're argument for why we "should" have taken offensive linemen was justified by that false statement.

This isn't helping your argument. We gave up 3 more sacks than the Patriots did. You had Tom Brady. We had Dan Orlovsky and Curtis Painter.

Who in that group is going be labeled the "veteren" and who is going to be labeled the "noob?"

Hell, if I put your entire arguement together, the Patriots should have been drafting all offensive linemen this draft.

Brady is not good at avoiding the sack? :shrug:

Sigh....

Man, you fell right into Jaric's ever so clever trap.

Go ahead and ignore his spontaneous outbursts of "Gronk ! Gronk! Gronk!"

Go ahead and ignore the fact that he wear's Tom Brady signature underwear..

Go ahead and ignore that his car has "Five Rings" painted on the trunk of his car.

He is just recruiting you to take his place as a Colts fan, so that he can openly express his feelings for the team he truly loves.....

:shake:

Here's the thing. Being a browns fan is like having a friend that has a
heroin addiction. They are un-willing to admit they have a problem. I can no longer try & help them or be there for them until they accept the fact they have the probelm.

No, quite the opposite. He should at least be better than Paintovksy was and yet the sack numbers are fairly close.

Nope sorry, thats how he tricks everyone....Brady is actually terrible at avoiding sacks. In fact if you can get any pressure at all on him, he basically just falls to the ground.

heroin addiction. They are un-willing to admit they have a problem. I can no longer try & help them or be there for them until they accept the fact they have the probelm.

This is the tragedy of poor ownership.

The only cure is a complete owner-ectomy, but the fans don't have access to a scalpel.

:Lecture:

If I was a Browns fan I think I'd be very interested in this clip.

He might be the most unlikely looking 1st round choice I've ever seen, but the man can spin it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fji2EeqkcZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I was a Browns fan I think I'd be very interested in this clip.

He might be the most unlikely looking 1st round choice I've ever seen, but the man can spin it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fji2EeqkcZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I you were a browns fan you would be desperately seeking out some Colombian Gold.

I you were a browns fan you would be desperately seeking out some Colombian Gold.

Maybe so, but I give you style points for finally coming out of the closet.

I mean....I had no idea until the other night. Nobody seemed to.

There is no shame in being a fan of anybody other than the Jets. The Browns have screwed it up for a few years running, but you shouldn't be ashamed.

Pissed? Sure, but not ashamed.

So.....had you seen that clip? I thought it was pretty impressive.

Maybe so, but I give you style points for finally coming out of the closet.

I mean....I had no idea until the other night. Nobody seemed to.

There is no shame in being a fan of anybody other than the Jets. The Browns have screwed it up for a few years running, but you shouldn't be ashamed.

Pissed? Sure, but not ashamed.

So.....had you seen that clip? I thought it was pretty impressive.

Yes. I saw it when they showed it on ESPN. Very impressive, I just don't know who he is going to throw the ball too. That was the problem McCoy had.

Yes. I saw it when they showed it on ESPN. Very impressive, I just don't know who he is going to throw the ball too. That was the problem McCoy had.

Its just me....but I would have loaded up on weapons for MCCoy....the running back is great and then come back with some oline, a nice TE, some weapons on the outside...I am just not sure McCoy was the issue more than what was around him, and if he was, why did you draft him in the 3rd round, not sure he showed that he was awful at all. He showed what I would have expected him to show with nothing around him and thought he did pretty well with that.

Its just me....but I would have loaded up on weapons for MCCoy....the running back is great and then come back with some oline, a nice TE, some weapons on the outside...I am just not sure McCoy was the issue more than what was around him, and if he was, why did you draft him in the 3rd round, not sure he showed that he was awful at all. He showed what I would have expected him to show with nothing around him and thought he did pretty well with that.

All good points. I don't know. I do know I quit caring anymore. I'm far from alone on that as well

2011 - 35 sacks
2010 - 16 sacks
2009 - 13 sacks

hmmm, yeah, more than double the number.

The best player on the line? gone
The other leader? Diem? has gone down hill over the last three years.
The free agents? cast offs from the bengals and fins

and who do the colts sign? two tight ends and a wide reciever. Its a joke.

and i am not the only one who thinks o-line was a primary need for the team https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/03/team-needs-2012-indianapolis-colts/

I'm very pleased with the Colts draft. They drafted best available at every spot.

The DT they got in round five should have been a third rounder, and he's perfect for the new D.

Fleener and Allen are going to be awesome in 2 TE sets. Allen will be the run-blocking tight end that we haven't seen since...
since...
:huh:

Well, I can't remember.

And, we will have our first real kick returner since Terrence Wilkins early days.

:rockon:

John Mackey?

2011 - 35 sacks
2010 - 16 sacks
2009 - 13 sacks

hmmm, yeah, more than double the number.

The best player on the line? gone
The other leader? Diem? has gone down hill over the last three years.
The free agents? cast offs from the bengals and fins

and who do the colts sign? two tight ends and a wide reciever. Its a joke.

and i am not the only one who thinks o-line was a primary need for the team https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/03/team-needs-2012-indianapolis-colts/
Hmmmm, I wonder what changed from 2010 to 2011???

You change one of the best QBs maybe ever at not taking sacks and replace him with the abomination known as Paintosky, and they still only gave up 35 sacks which would put them right in the middle of the league.

In other words, the offensive line, while still a work in progress, should be at least serviceable next season. Meanwhile, the tight end position consisted of Brody Eldridge and our long snapper prior to Friday.

At wide receiver we have Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie who shouldn't have a problem unlearning the old offense since he forgot most of it after his last concussion. Oh, and Donnie Avery. But who knows what he can do.

Luck can't throw to Reggie Wayne on every play.

Back