Deal close with Mankins? Signed - 6 years

One of the best guards in the league...surprised they gave him this amount of money, I was for sure he and the front office were bitter towards each other after last year.

One of the best guards in the league...surprised they gave him this amount of money, I was for sure he and the front office were bitter towards each other after last year.

Well, we should all know better than to believe everything the media spoon-feeds us. I would think protecting Tom Brady would be the main concern here, and it appears that they agree with that sentiment. Business is business, and the FO spent the money where it mattered, as they usually do.

Oh, and Welcome to the Planet!

I don't know about that. They seemed to do a pretty good job last year.

They did an outstanding job. I understand people think we should win the Super Bowl every year ( ya know cause that's a realistic expectation;) ) but the young guys on the coaching staff are really coming alone and I like what I see.

Everything in its time. This was the RIGHT time and place for the long term deal for Mankins and the Pats so it got done now. :rockon:

This shows how all about business these contract negotiations are. They could have been stubborn and immature and said "you were a PIA last year we don't talk to you". Thankfully fans like me who get all emotional about this schtuff stick to our day jobs and let the amazing pros do their thang.:)

Pats still need some coaching changes for that to happen since 2004 SB V and 2007 SB disgrace, huh? :thumb:

Troll much? All I have read from you is this pathetic drivel. You're not nearly as clever as you think you are. Pats fans have seen your kind many times before...small brained jealous haters who hide behind the anonymity of the internet. We know you like the back of our hands. We've learned how to handle you. And we simply don't care about you any more.

This shows how all about business these contract negotiations should be. They could have been stubborn and immature and said "you were a PIA last year we don't talk to you". Thankfully fans like me who get all emotional about this schtuff stick to our day jobs and let the amazing pros do their thang.:)

fixed.

In the beginning, Mankins got bad advice from his agent Bauer, who did bring emotions into the negotiations. This should have been done a year ago. In the end, they did get it right, and that's when the deal was struck. I think the Pats were always focused on the deal, btw.

Mankins is a great player and I'm thrilled to have him around for the forseeable future.

That said, I must admit to having a tiny voice in my head reminding me that Logan was a major contributor to the worst OL meltdown I've ever witnessed and been part of (though I can't say exactly how much a part of) two more playoff OL struggles.

I'm hoping that we see a shift towards Mankins' strength (run blocking) or that he was overcompensating for those players around him.

Mankins is a great player and I'm thrilled to have him around for the forseeable future.

That said, I must admit to having a tiny voice in my head reminding me that Logan was a major contributor to the worst OL meltdown I've ever witnessed and been part of (though I can't say exactly how much a part of) two more playoff OL struggles.

I'm hoping that we see a shift towards Mankins' strength (run blocking) or that he was overcompensating for those players around him.

Maybe a better center would help in pass pro.

It's an awful lot of money to pay a guard, who has never shown the ability to raise his game up in the playoffs.

In the regular season, he possibly is the best guard in the league though.

fixed.

In the beginning, Mankins got bad advice from his agent Bauer, who did bring emotions into the negotiations. This should have been done a year ago. In the end, they did get it right, and that's when the deal was struck. I think the Pats were always focused on the deal, btw.

Cannot argue at all with any of that and it is right along the lines of what I meant.:) :thumb:

Troll much? All I have read from you is this pathetic drivel. You're not nearly as clever as you think you are. Pats fans have seen your kind many times before...small brained jealous haters who hide behind the anonymity of the internet. We know you like the back of our hands. We've learned how to handle you. And we simply don't care about you any more.

Hey chevss54, we'll have to meet sometime. I'll buy you a coffee or a beer. I live in Plainville.

I don't know about that. They seemed to do a pretty good job last year.

I totally agree that 14-2 best regular season record last year was fantastic. However, after beating the Jets on Dec 6, 2010 45-3, then loosing to them as the #6 playoff seed in the RAZOR still leads me to to believe that more SB appearances will ONLY come about with still needed coaching changes. Hey Lisa, I hope I am totally wrong, honestly. But since Charlie and Romeo left, and I won't even reiterate the Pats 2007 SB abortion in coaching, it just continues to vibe with me that Pats could AT LEAST use a new OC, that can make realtime situational adustments especially in play calling that work productively, along with some D significant pass rushing and some better secondary coverage coaching and play, would enable Pats to get their #4 SB. I so hope that TFB can at least get 4-5 SB blings before he retires as the best NFL QB EVER!! :thumb:

Maybe a better center would help in pass pro.

Agreed.

It's an awful lot of money to pay a guard, who has never shown the ability to raise his game up in the playoffs.

In the regular season, he possibly is the best guard in the league though.

This is pretty much how I see it as well. But I'm willing to conceded that having Koppen and Light on either side of him might have affected his pass pro.

Yah, yah, yah....just like some of the other unrealistic Pats org chit for brains follow 'em to the end...LMAO. :fire:

The ONLY thing I know is the fact that Mankins is worth 8M per year and I am thrilled the Pats Org FINALLY came to their senses that in fact he is worth it. No low ballin this time huh !? :thumb:

Oh btw, I have been a realistic Pats fan since 1959 and ALWAYS call them like they REALLY are, unlike followers like you that just believing their "there is always next year syndrome"........MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Keep on keepin on.....OWNED

Yah, yah, yah....just like some of the other unrealistic Pats org chit for brains follow 'em to the end...LMAO. :fire:

The ONLY thing I know is the fact that Mankins is worth 8M per year and I am thrilled the Pats Org FINALLY came to their senses that in fact he is worth it. No low ballin this time huh !? :thumb:

Oh btw, I have been a realistic Pats fan since 1959 and ALWAYS call them like they REALLY are, unlike followers like you that just believing their "there is always next year syndrome"........MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Keep on keepin on.....OWNED

This is the football forum, please keep the discussion to football and eliminate the trolling/baiting type behavior. You can post this kind of stuff in the Assclown Asylum if you like, but please keep it out of the football forum so we don't have to start giving out vacations.

I don't think the Pats were willing to give him 8 mil a year, last season. For whatever reason, they are willing to do it now (if the reports are to be believed).

This is the football forum, please keep the discussion to football and eliminate the trolling/baiting type behavior. You can post this kind of stuff in the Assclown Asylum if you like, but please keep it out of the football forum so we don't have to start giving out vacations.

Originally Posted by chevss454

Oh, I see but it is okay for users to be threatening "back of our hands" , etc. like the above right? I will ALWAYS be in compliance to PP rules and regulations and I apologize if I stepped out of bounds. :thumb:

Back