DeOssie on WEEI

mikiemo83 on 07-27-2007 at 10:58 AM said:
just joking with you HH, the puppies I was talking about are not Dogs

but I am a sheltered Masshole

Have you ever been to cock fight?

I love driving on the highway in massachusetts, especially when im doing 80 in the passing lane and some guy flies up on my ass, so i hit the blinker to move over so he can pass me, but instead he just flies into the right lane and passes me on that side instead

RoadGrader on 07-27-2007 at 07:52 AM said:
I heard part of this time slot as well mikie --- I would add also that I found it very interesting that Dennis spoke about "NFL sources" indicating how Arthur Blank wanted to cut Vick outright -- no F'n around with "leave of absences"-- and that The League Offices had to talk him down off the ledge and slow the entire process down

if anyone else heard additional details that I didn't please add here, TYVM

I can see him wanting to do this, and wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends up happening. From what I've heard about Arthur Blank, he's a first class kind of guy and really wants to build the Falcons into a model franchise, both off and on the field. He's defended Vick on numerous occasions, and probably feels betrayed at this point to a degree that we can't even begin to understand.

I'm positive that Vick has taken his last snap in a Falcons' uniform, and I'm really hoping that if he ever does play again it's in NFL Europa or the AFL.

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed in DeOssie, too, but he was young and stupid. *shrugs* However, when people say, "Well, I was 22 when I did that" I still think that for some things, you should know right from wrong. When I was 22 I wouldn't go to a dogfight and neither would I do it if I was 42. You can forgive youth for stupidity but sometimes you have to use your brains no matter what age you are.

Hey BradyGirl...I see you have Brady in your name, I have Brady in my name too, maybe we should hang out somtime [/endstalker mode]

I love driving on the highway in massachusetts, especially when im doing 80 in the passing lane and some guy flies up on my ass, so i hit the blinker to move over so he can pass me, but instead he just flies into the right lane and passes me on that side instead

Was that you? Next time get the hell out of my way quicker will ya! o:)

p.s. sorry about giving you the "your #1 sign"!

DeOssie is an unthinking ogre. He purports to be this bastion of logic and reason, but it's clear all he is capable of is the base shouting down of anyone who disagrees or points how his stances are often full of holes. Not to mention the 129572972 red herrings and all of the special pleading that spews from his neon-pink face.

What he said this morning is all well and good, though. He wasn't doing anything other than relating his personal experiences in the past and there were very few, if any, attempts to justify his attending a dog fight. People do stupid things when they're young. The problem is when folks don't learn from those mistakes going foward, which in the instance of attending a dog fight, DeOssie seemed to have learned his lesson. I'm not sure why there is so much disdain for him on that count.

Dislike the man for being a big pink homophobic, ill-informed wannabe pundit on pretty much everything unrelated to football.

Bradys Bunch on 07-27-2007 at 11:15 AM said:
That was me. You were taking too long to change lanes.

:D

dchester on 07-27-2007 at 01:19 PM said:
That was me. You were taking too long to change lanes.

:D

But i was just heading over to Tashi Station to get some new power converters!

BradyGirl on 07-27-2007 at 01:08 PM said:
Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed in DeOssie, too, but he was young and stupid. *shrugs* However, when people say, "Well, I was 22 when I did that" I still think that for some things, you should know right from wrong. When I was 22 I wouldn't go to a dogfight and neither would I do it if I was 42. You can forgive youth for stupidity but sometimes you have to use your brains no matter what age you are.
Iagree and laughed when he told one caller, do not be pissed at me for one dog fight but for the multiple of drug dealers he supported at the same time.

I can see how he got caught up in the macho image of being an NFL player and attended one time just trying to fit in. Do I agree with it? no I don't but I understand a stupid mistake and he could have said nothing and acted all high and mighty like many others would have

mikiemo83 on 07-27-2007 at 01:32 PM said:
I can see how he got caught up in the macho image of being an NFL player and attended one time just trying to fit in. Do I agree with it? no I don't but I understand a stupid mistake and he could have said nothing and acted all high and mighty like many others would have
I agree with you Mikie. While I certainly find this dog fighting stuff to be rather bizzare, I'm not going to crucify DeOssie for having attended an event one time.

I don't recall this much venom when Ray Lewis was a "person of interest" in a murder investigation.

As if dog fighting wasn't bad enough, this is the future of sadistic cruelty to animals by NFL players:

GUINEA PIG FIGHTING!!!

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://cellfish.com/static/swf/player8.swf?Id=95131" /><param name="wmode" value="window" /><embed src="http://cellfish.com/static/swf/player8.swf?Id=95131" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="420" height="315" ></embed></object>

from pft. If you go to the rumor mill there are links supporting the info about different nfl players or former one that have been involved in dogfighting. Too many to easily post them here.

NFL NEEDS A FULL-BLOWN DOG-FIGHTING INVESTIGATION

As the NFL struggles to respond to the jarring allegations made last week against Falcons quarterback Mike Vick, we believe that the league should ponder the issue of dog fighting among its employees more broadly.

Before someone else does.

We believe that it is in the best interests of the NFL to make a strong statement -- soon -- about the evils of dog fighting and about the league's commitment to identifying any and all players who are fans of this "sport," and to deal with them swiftly and harshly. We say this because we detect a sense of inevitability that, in time, more and more names will be named. And, sooner or later, the PETA crowd won't only be picketing Mike and Nike, but will launch a full-scale assault against a league that has been (and still might be) asleep at the switch regarding the prevalence of players who spend some of their free time watching and/or engaging in dog fighting.

Already, there is ample evidence to suggest that multiple current and former players are or have been involved in this illegal activity.

For example, when former Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson's home was raided last year on weapons violations, "Johnson had six pit bulls locked in cages in his back yard, and neighbors said police were called several times on animal cruelty issues."

Why would tank have that many pit bulls on his property? To keep his guns company?

On Friday, former NFL player Steve DeOssie described on WEEI radio in Boston (as we've been told by several readers) that he attended a dog-fighting event during his playing days with Nate Newton and other teammates. Newton was once arrested at a dog fight.

Also, former NFL running back LeShon Johnson pleaded guilty to dog-fighting charges (amazingly, he did not serve time), and an item on the the Humane Society's web site indicates that former NFL running back Tyrone Wheatley once bragged about selling dogs for fighting.

Then there's this gem from Deion Sanders' asinine op-ed in the Fort Myers News-Press, in which he seems to indicate that he knows plenty of NFL players who are involved in dog fighting: "I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dog fighting to the death. It’s like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn't tap out when he knows he can't win."

So what will the NFL do about this mounting evidence that Vick isn't the only guy with a shield on his shirt who has a "passion" for engaging in dog fighting? Ignoring it isn't an option. The league has at its disposal a security force made up of former law-enforcement types who should be able to get to the bottom of this situation, quickly.

Frankly, if NFL Security had been doing a better job of keeping an eye out for this kind of stuff over the past decade, the league might not presently be dealing with the unprecedented embarrassment arising from the Vick prosecution, and the looming fallout from the eventual (we predict) revelation that Vick was hardly alone in his perversion.

<<
GUINEA PIG FIGHTING!!!
>>

Oh the horror the horror !!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFuBStgivhM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFuBStgivhM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

thomas144 on 07-27-2007 at 05:12 PM said:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFuBStgivhM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFuBStgivhM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:Eason: :Eason: :Eason: :Eason: :Eason:

Back