Divisional Round Thoughts

More on situational football...

Am I the only one who, while watching opposing 2 minute drills, asks to himself, "can't these guys line up already? Don't they know they only have 48 seconds left?"

The past two weeks I must have watched three or four drives that looked like it hadn't been practiced a single time all season. The difference between NE's efficiency and most of the league is stark.

Of the remaining 4 teams, only the Pats and Giants have an effective 2 minute drill.

My random thoughts:

While the Giants weren't bad at all (no "Bad Eli"), the Packers were abysmal on both sides of the ball. Both of Bradshaw's critical long runs were enabled by over-pursuit and lack of discipline on containing the backside. I'd guess BB would show that tape to the defense over-and-over-and-over.

The Niners defense is very good. Alex Smith's performance was overall the best I've ever seen out of him. Pretty obvious that this whole team really WANTS to play for Harbaugh. SanFran-New England would make for an incredible Superbowl.

Very pleased that the Pats are NOT facing the Texans defense (yet), though the BAL defense won't be any cakewalk. Yates has a limited repertoire and no guile (so far), and that was the difference; if Schaub had been playing, I think the Texans would have walked away with it (assuming that Jacoby Jones had broken an ankle in warmups). Boldin is a hellagood possession receiver - some really excellent sideline catches while well-covered. Torrey Smith is apparently one to keep covered at all times. Flacco also looked better than I expected. Ray Rice CAN be contained, though.

I think Ravens will be better against us than they were against the Texans. Terrell Suggs seems to be super infatuated with Tom and wants the whole world to know.

I know the playoffs are a new season and all but didn't the Ravens struggle big time on the road this year?

I know the playoffs are a new season and all but didn't the Ravens struggle big time on the road this year?

They did. They were 4-4 on the road with losses to the jags, seattle, titans and chargers. They are much better at home.

I think the thing that stuck out to me was how Brees and Rodgers(and the whole GB team, actually) started to lose their composure as they fell behind and things didn't go their way. GB especially. That was the one gaem I couldn't watch start to finish, but when I sat down for the fourth quarter and watched for a couple minutes, it really hit me, "Wow! This is a team that has its wheels completely falling off!"

I think the thing that stuck out to me was how Brees and Rodgers(and the whole GB team, actually) started to lose their composure as they fell behind and things didn't go their way. GB especially. That was the one gaem I couldn't watch start to finish, but when I sat down for the fourth quarter and watched for a couple minutes, it really hit me, "Wow! This is a team that has its wheels completely falling off!"

Rodgers was off and rusty from snap one. The bye week didn't do him any favors with keeping his usually killer accuracy in tact.

He did have a lot of balls dropped but he missed more in this one game than perhaps most of the entire year.

Yeah I noticed that too, way more with GB, it was like they were shocked they were losing and could not do anything about it. Its strange to see that after last year they go on the road in 4 games in the playoffs and win.

The best game this weekend not counting the pats donkeys. Was the saints 49ers game. What a great last 4 minutes of the game. The only reason this was not a blowout was the 49ers kept forcing Turnovers to keep them in the game. Davis made them pay for it in the end 180 REC 2 TD.

Back