Do We Have a Realtor On Board?

PatrietteAz

Trouble Needs a Home
Reaction score
Before I launch into my questions, let's see if we do first.:)

I sold my last house myself but no I'm not one :)

My question is one of etiquette really so I will fire away.

OK so a friend hooked us up with a realtor in the Denver area who showed us some homes while we were there over Thanksgiving. I made a list of homes I wanted to see after MY web searches and he took us there to see them. We took him to lunch to say thanks but didn't put offers on anything.

Weeks go by and I hear nothing from him, not a "Hey here is a house that meets your parameters" or anything like that. His emails are hard to see anyhow and I have to download PDFS to look at photos. I found THE best webpage where you can see all the properties and their details, map it and easily click through each photo of the home.

Its 2011. When someone has their act together and has a webpage that allows such easy access to available homes, automatically informs you when it is off the market or if there is a price change etc, and the original dude can barely send a pdf, am I obligated in any way to continue to use him as our rep?

I hate dealing with this type of stuff but I feel like he isn't able to do the best work for us.

OK so a friend hooked us up with a realtor in the Denver area who showed us some homes while we were there over Thanksgiving. I made a list of homes I wanted to see after MY web searches and he took us there to see them. We took him to lunch to say thanks but didn't put offers on anything.

Weeks go by and I hear nothing from him, not a "Hey here is a house that meets your parameters" or anything like that. His emails are hard to see anyhow and I have to download PDFS to look at photos. I found THE best webpage where you can see all the properties and their details, map it and easily click through each photo of the home.

Its 2011. When someone has their act together and has a webpage that allows such easy access to available homes, automatically informs you when it is off the market or if there is a price change etc, and the original dude can barely send a pdf, am I obligated in any way to continue to use him as our rep?

I hate dealing with this type of stuff but I feel like he isn't able to do the best work for us.

The short answer is nope. You didn't sign a contract, did you?

did you sign a buyer agency agreement with him? Did he show you an agency disclosure form?

Unless you have signed a contract with to be your Buyer Agent, you are not obligated to him at all.

No contract signed. I feel kind of bad but he needs to know that you can't be lazy with technology in this world ESP in a market like Boulder/Denver so maybe I am doing him a favor?:)

I know it must be hard for an "older" guy like that to change his ways but you have to do it especially since I am looking remotely and the web is my one resource.

OK thanks.

No contract signed. I feel kind of bad but he needs to know that you can't be lazy with technology in this world ESP in a market like Boulder/Denver so maybe I am doing him a favor?:)

I know it must be hard for an "older" guy like that to change his ways but you have to do it especially since I am looking remotely and the web is my one resource.

OK thanks.

you can get signed up with e-mail alerts when something comes on the market in your criteria with a realtor who is more technology savy.

Unless you have signed a contract with to be your Buyer Agent, you are not obligated to him at all.

the other side of that equation is the agency disclosure form. Even if you choose not to sign it, the agent can still show procuring cause should the customer buy a home that the agent has shown them. Until then, you're operating under PBR (presumed buyer representation). A lot of real estate companies won't do PBR. However, PBR ends when you're ready to make an offer.

Talk to me when you start getting closer to buying something so I can make sure you position yourself properly.

the other side of that equation is the agency disclosure form. Even if you choose not to sign it, the agent can still show procuring cause should the customer buy a home that the agent has shown them. Until then, you're operating under PBR (presumed buyer representation). A lot of real estate companies won't do PBR. However, PBR ends when you're ready to make an offer.

Talk to me when you start getting closer to buying something so I can make sure you position yourself properly.

We did not see such a form OZO and it is unlikely we are going to purchase any of the homes he showed us on that trip.

Check this site out I think it is really good!

http://www.cohomebook.com

It allows me to use a map to clarify area, choose all the parameters I want, see other homes in a specified distance from the ones I have chosen to save for future ref, the sends me an automatic email that says the home is off the market or has a price change.:)

And even this can be tricky, as my wife found out (she's been a realtor for 7 years)

We did not see such a form OZO and it is unlikely we are going to purchase any of the homes he showed us on that trip.

Check this site out I think it is really good!

http://www.cohomebook.com

It allows me to use a map to clarify area, choose all the parameters I want, see other homes in a specified distance from the ones I have chosen to save for future ref, the sends me an automatic email that says the home is off the market or has a price change.:)

Also, if you're working with someone in that area, they may be aware of properties that will be coming on the market soon from other agents.

And even this can be tricky, as my wife found out (she's been a realtor for 7 years)

I suppose it would be the right thing, ethically, to use him should we decide to buy a home he showed us but from this point on feel free to go with someone who is more adept?

I suppose it would be the right thing, ethically, to use him should we decide to buy a home he showed us but from this point on feel free to go with someone who is more adept?

yes.

how's the market up there?

How have you been?

It's getting slowly better, but it has sucked. The good news is she's learned alot, and wasn't spoiled by the good timesROFL

Back