Don't count out the Pats!

I'll be honest the more I hear the Pats have no shot the more I like their chances.... This game is gonna be close no matter who comes on top

#22Samuel on 01-09-2007 at 06:17 PM said:
:Homer:

How come the Chargers have given up 4.1 point more per game with a weaker schedule if they have the edge on both front 7 and secondary? :huh:

On scoring defense the Pats are #2 in the league and the Chargers are #7. On total defense the Pats are #6 and the Chargers are #10.

A proven 3 time Super Bowl, 2 time SB MVP, future HOF QB have a slight edge over a playoff rookie QB......YEAH right.

I will say you guys have a 60/40 chance though.

You need to pull out the killer stat.

Red zone. On BOTH sides of the ball. How many times is a team tops in both.

#22Samuel on 01-09-2007 at 03:17 PM said:
:Homer:

How come the Chargers have given up 4.1 point more per game with a weaker schedule if they have the edge on both front 7 and secondary? :huh:

On scoring defense the Pats are #2 in the league and the Chargers are #7. On total defense the Pats are #6 and the Chargers are #10.

A proven 3 time Super Bowl, 2 time SB MVP, future HOF QB have a slight edge over a playoff rookie QB......YEAH right.

I will say you guys have a 60/40 chance though.
You can pull up stats and then I can pull up stats. It doesn't really matter. What matters is what happens on the field this Sunday.

I have to get going. Don't worry, I'll be back this week.

Not that the answer means anything, but one last question for you guys before I go. What is the post season record between the Patriots and the Chargers? HINT: We've only pay one post season game against each other.

Peace, I'm out for now.

I can't believe the Pats have a slight edge in coaching and QB. I'm still laughing over that comment.

Welcome Charger Fans.

I first want to congratulate you on making it past the Wild Card Playoff games. (Really) You probably would not be here now if you had to play.

Rivers / Brady

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Why argue with Thumper? His arguments are so sound I may just become a Charger fan...I mean he's right...How much longer can Brady and BB keep this winning thing up?

WE'RE DOOMED I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pfft....F' the Chargers!!!!!!!!!! Patriots Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh btw...LMMFAO @ Marty may be the coach du'jour...Oh my God now I've read everything

Thumper on 01-09-2007 at 06:21 PM said:
Not that the answer means anything, but one last question for you guys before I go. What is the post season record between the Patriots and the Chargers? HINT: We've only pay one post season game against each other.

Peace, I'm out for now.

Seeing that there was an article in today's Boston Globe on said subject:

The Chargers defeated the Pats in the 1963 AFL Title game, 51-10. That certainly will not be the case on Sunday.

Patriots4ever on 01-09-2007 at 03:40 PM said:
Seeing that there was an article in today's Boston Globe on said subject:

The Chargers defeated the Pats in the 1963 AFL Title game, 51-10. That certainly will not be the case on Sunday.
Really? 49-7 maybe? :D

patsRmyboys on 01-09-2007 at 03:37 PM said:
Why argue with Thumper? His arguments are so sound I may just become a Charger fan...I mean he's right...How much longer can Brady and BB keep this winning thing up?

WE'RE DOOMED I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pfft....F' the Chargers!!!!!!!!!! Patriots Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh btw...LMMFAO @ Marty may be the coach du'jour...Oh my God now I've read everything

Wow, BoltsOwnU suggests some lightening up. Thumper is showing your team respect, but naturally he is going to show some bias, just as all of you do. Is he trolling or being openly disrespectful??? Not even close.

BOLTSOWNSU.... let me say it one more time...read it slow and think about it...Let it sink in a bit. Even you can't be on board with that.

Marty will be the coach du'jour???????????

once again....LMMFAO!!!

And thumper saying he's looking for Brady's name on the Probowl list...pfft...who cares about that? Rivers can't carry Brady's jockstrap and everyone in the world knows it. I mean, for God's sake, let's be serious here for a second and not look at it as a homer, which you're allowed to do but C"MON man!!

Thumper on 01-09-2007 at 05:33 PM said:
As they say in investing, history is not a guarentee of future performance. I know you guys love your QB and coach. Personally I think they are very good, but the hype machine that surrounds them is bigger than life.

I'm surprised though that you question me giving you a slight edge at the QB position even while Rivers made the pro bowl and Brady did not. Guess some people feel we have a better QB. I'm not going to say that, but in degrees of better, I'm not gonna go overboard and say Brady is that much better.

BTW- I do think Brady should have made the pro bowl.

LMFAO:LOL: Dude you have a rookie q-back that has never been in this type of situation and you give us a slight edge at qb????? too funny!!!!!!!!!!!

patsRmyboys on 01-09-2007 at 04:18 PM said:
And no, I don't think he's being disreptful. Just a bit delusional.

There is plenty of that going around this board.

BTW, despite the post season records, Marty is 9-1 against the Pats. . .

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't count out the Pats!

Thumper on 01-09-2007 at 05:28 PM said:
I'm not the biggest Marty fan in the world, but your statement is ridiculous.
Well tell me a playoff game where people talked about the great coaching job he did.

BTW, there are things to like about Marty. He can build a good prgram and he coaches OK in the regular season, but when it comes to the playoffs, he chokes as bad as Manning around Ty Law. I actually think he'd be better as a GM.

Bill Belichick has put together a winning program for you guys. Amazing what winning will do for a coaches rep.
Gee, you think?

But no team wins forever and no coach is on the top forever. He's had a nice run, but how much longer will it last?
My guess is as long as he has Brady and Seymour, but who knows. As they say, the circus doesn't stay in town forever (although I think it will be around a bit longer).

If the Chargers keep this momentium and win a few Super Bowls, Marty will be the new coach de jour.
Thats a big if, IMO.

Although if that happens, the apocalypse might be near. :D
Ditto.

:thumb:

I have nothing against the Chargers. It's just that every year, we get the team du'jour claiming that they are going to end our reign. They may be on some record setting pace (like the Colts) or have pounded us in the regular season (like the Steelers), but none of that matters in the playoffs.

Thumper on 01-09-2007 at 05:40 PM said:
Hmmm... I can't seem to find your QB on this list. Wonder why? The San Diego QB is listed, but not the New England QB. :thumb:

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/afc_roster

You know, I keep looking for Super Bowl coaches (since it's unfair to try and look for Rivers' name on a list of Super Bowl-participating <much less MVP> QBs yet), and for some reason I have yet to find the name of the guy that's coaching in San Diego this season... :thumb:

Back