Dune Part 2

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday on IMAX

Very well done.

Thinking I'm going to have to put Villeneuve on the short list of Directors who make basically must see movies.

Zimmer does his usual fantastic job with the music.

I know it's early, but I would be very surprised if it doesn't win the Oscar for cinematography and music score.

It has minimal CGI, and there is something much more visceral about actors responding to real stuff rather than a green screen.

Some departures from the book, as best as I can recall it, it's been 50+ years since I read it.

Some I thought were spot on, since stuff that works in a book format often doesn't in a movie format.

Others I'm scratching my head a little bit, unless he plans on a Part 3 to sort it out.

O_P_T gives it 👍👍👍👍👍

Mrs. JK & I saw it Saturday and really liked it. Beautifully shot and I love how they’re handling the whole story.

Just watched Dune for the first time, enjoyed it. Onward to the next one

I was a big sci-fi/fantasy fan back when the book the movies are based on was really popular, but despite wanting to like it --- I never did. I
found the book boring and, no pun, dry. I never could power through it and gave up on it despite knowing people who thought it was the
best book they ever read. I didn't get it.

However, the Villanueve movie, part 1, was exceptionally good and I rewatched it after hearing the buzz about part 2, which is uniformly
good to great. I can't wait to see it on the big screen and the Patriot Place cinemas are my go-to when need to do that.

I'm pissed at Bob Kraft right now, but will allow him a couple more of my bucks to see a film that is reputed to be special.

I heard he wants to do a third movie, but that would be Dune Messiah
Considering the way Part 2 ended, Dune Messiah makes perfect sense.

Saw an interview clip saying he’d stop there since that’s where Paul’s story ends.

Considering the way Part 2 ended, Dune Messiah makes perfect sense.

Saw an interview clip saying he’d stop there since that’s where Paul’s story ends.
I read somewhere that Dune Messiah is scheduled for 2028.

In case it is needs reminding if anyone wants to put up spoilers or the likes place that the top of the post and replies to it please do the same.

This is pretty cool.

Nice.

Dune is one of my favorite book series. Along with the Enders Game series and others of a messianic bent it was part of my intentional education. That education involved and still to this day continues to put subjects around me that I'll devour them at the right time. It's much like a lifetime Montessori education. First of its kind that I know of.

I remember when I was a kid, I went in to see the original movie. When you walked on the door you were handed a glossary of terms, much like the book has. A glossary of all the invented words the Frank Herbert had created. At 11 years old I was curious as to why this was necessary having fully embraced the book, vocabulary and all earlier that year.

Oh, the innocence and ignorance of youth. I thought everyone knew what I did at the time.

Hoping to see this at the IMAX this weekend if time and travel permits. But like much else these days it will likely be a solitary experience. No one surrounding me has much interest in the grand things life provides anymore these days. It's like when they hit fifty life ended. For me, it all began coming together. Fully alive.

Still, I'm very much looking forward to it.

Nice.

Dune is one of my favorite book series. Along with the Enders Game series and others of a messianic bent it was part of my intentional education. That education involved and still to this day continues to put subjects around me that I'll devour them at the right time. It's much like a lifetime Montessori education. First of its kind that I know of.

I remember when I was a kid, I went in to see the original movie. When you walked on the door you were handed a glossary of terms, much like the book has. A glossary of all the invented words the Frank Herbert had created. At 11 years old I was curious as to why this was necessary having fully embraced the book, vocabulary and all earlier that year.

Oh, the innocence and ignorance of youth. I thought everyone knew what I did at the time.

Hoping to see this at the IMAX this weekend if time and travel permits. But like much else these days it will likely be a solitary experience. No one surrounding me has much interest in the grand things life provides anymore these days. It's like when they hit fifty life ended. For me, it all began coming together. Fully alive.

Still, I'm very much looking forward to it.
Wait a minute, Dune is a series? Awesome.

Yep.

Dune is just the first book hun.

The Enders Game series is well worth a read as well. It begins with Enders Game, then onto more philosophical books like Speaker For The Dead.

Enders series then branches out brilliantly to the Enders Shadow series. The view of all Enders experiences from the perspective of those around him.

I'm working to something similar. All get to tell their story around the central one, anyway they wish, for their own benefit and profit.

Happy reading, Muse.

Yep.

The Enders Game series is well worth a read as well. It begins with Enders Game, then onto more philosophical books like Speaker For The Dead.

Enders series then branches out brilliantly to the Enders Shadow series. The view of all Enders experiences from the perspective of those around him.

I'm working to something similar. All get to tell their story around the central one, anyway they wish, for their own benefit and profit.

Happy reading, Muse.
I read the first Ender eons ago and did enjoy it quite a bit.

IMHO, it's not worth going past the first three books.

That being said, it is the only set of books I can think of, that reading a second time is a completely different experience.

That is, the second time, you read them from Paul's perspective, rather than yourself.

When you re-read them, you'll have a memory as to what is to come, but you'll likely not recall all the exact details. That's basically describes Paul's ability to see the future for most of the series.

Yep.

Happy reading, Muse.

I recall that friends raved about Ender's Game and how the ending was a "shocking twist". I read it and I wasn't shocked at all by the ending, since it seemed obvious to me what was going on.

Never read any of the other books.

I recall that friends raved about Ender's Game and how the ending was a "shocking twist". I read it and I wasn't shocked at all by the ending, since it seemed obvious to me what was going on.

Never read any of the other books.

The rest of the direct Ender series is far different from Game. Far more philosophical. They were deeply intriguing to me.

The Shadow series is really unique, being from the perspective of others involved such as Bean.

Back