Eagles at Patriots Sunday at 4:25 (Brady honored)

Meet new Pats' TE Pharaoh Brown who may have a situational role as soon as Sunday against the Eagles.

I don't want to get overly excited, because I haven't seen enough of him to get a real feel for the kid, but I think
we might have something in him.

I did not feel the same way about Firkser or the other dude he was competing with and they were both better than some of the guys
we've had on the roster in recent years, but Brown appears to have a possible future as an NFL player.

In other words, he looks like one of the guys that other teams develop pretty regularly but we don't.

isn't it supposed to be the gameday thread?
It is. But it is both given there is the game and the honoring of Brady at halftime ...

Brady is being honored at this game. It is more than appropriate to be discussing how Kraft might honor him.

You opened this as a "game thread".

While Brady is indeed being honored this game, let me remind you there is a whole forum where you can speculate about the many ways he will be celebrated.

You can't do that when someone is still alive because Willie McGinest, Aaron Hernandez, etc. A statue can come down if needed. Naming the field...even if you change the name it sticks. If you don't believe me, ask anyone who has been an NFL fan for more than a couple decades where the 9ers play.

And before you say his career is over, nothing in his life points to that, etc., ask yourself: If the Jets had named their field after Bill Cosby, because he was a legendary Jets star, and they changed it after the world learned about him, would you ever, under any circumstances, call it anything other than Cosby Field or Rapist's Retreat or whatever? Would you let your children?
Statue for a living person is much more morbid for me. As for the field's name I beleive that could be find a compromise. For example a part of the stand or a training center. Anyway, my opinion is that fans would rather name the stadium with name of a player instead of name of Mercedes, Coca-Cola, Gillette etc.

Dont want to argue further about this, beacuse this topic is also about first game and beginning of the new season. Go PATS !!!

Back to the game. Shorr-Parks covers the Eagles for a Philly station

I think he's underselling our TEs and secondary.

I also think "Massive edge for Eagles at QB" is a bit much. Mac outperformed Hurts in college by quite a bit. Hurts has had 1 good year and 2 below avg years as an NFL QB. He was 9-10 his first 2 years before going 14-1 in year 3. Flacco had 1 good year, too. Comparing NFL careers, Mac's completion % and yds passing is far better than Jalen's and Jalen has had far better weapons each year. Mac's career passer rating (2 years) is only 3 pts less than Hurts' despite a lack of OL, weapons, Patricia, yada, yada in year 2. Hurts is a better runner but "Massive edge" isn't being fair to Mac.

#Eagles vs. Patriots position breakdown:

** The Eagles are obviously far more talented than the Patriots on offense. Quez Watkins is better than any WR the Patriots have. The Patriots do have the edge at RB tho. Stopping the run will be key for Eagles.

** Massive edge for Eagles at QB

** I think the Eagles offensive line is a bit of an unknown, but obviously a very high ceiling. Patriots offensive line is a mess.

** Both teams have strong pass rushes. Eagles are deeper and more talented though.

** Coaching is an interesting one. To build a team I'd take Sirianni. For this week, with two new inexperienced coordinators, I'll give the edge to Bill Belichick and the Patriots.

View: https://twitter.com/EliotShorrParks/status/1699399465491145069

Last edited:
Back to the game. Shorr-Parks covers the Eagles for a Philly station

I think he's underselling our TEs and secondary.

I also think "Massive edge for Eagles at QB" is a bit much. Mac outperformed Hurts in college by quite a bit. Hurts has had 1 good year and 2 below avg years as an NFL QB. He was 9-10 his first 2 years before going 14-1 in year 3. Flacco had 1 good year, too. Comparing NFL careers, Mac's completion % and yds passing is far better than Jalen's and Jalen has had far better weapons each year. Mac's career passer rating (2 years) is only 3 pts less than Hurts' despite a lack of OL, weapons, Patricia, yada, yada in year 2. Hurts is a better runner but "Massive edge" isn't being fair to Mac.

View: https://twitter.com/EliotShorrParks/status/1699399465491145069

This man seriously said with his whole chest that PS Superstar Quez Watkins is better than Juju Smith-Schuster. :coffee:

This man seriously said with his whole chest that PS Superstar Quez Watkins is better than Juju Smith-Schuster. :coffee:

I believe the Eagles do have better overall proven personnel but QB isn't the epic advantage for the Eagles he thinks it is.
There were reasons Jalen Hurts transferred to Oklahoma from Bama. Tua and Mac were both ahead of him on the depth chart going into his senior year and he knew it.

I believe the Eagles do have better overall proven personnel but QB isn't the epic advantage for the Eagles he thinks it is.
There were reasons Jalen Hurts transferred to Oklahoma from Bama. Tua and Mac were both ahead of him on the depth chart going into his senior year and he knew it.
Not to mention he backslid after his first season. I'm with you in not annointing Hurts the next big thing. Like, there's a reason he got taken in the 2nd round. There's a resaon he transferred to Oklahoma. He's good. But he ain't that good. Can he improve? Sure. And I think that's what the Eagles are banking on. (That his arm and reading skills and poise in the pocket improves enough in time to make up for his eventual slowing down with his legs)

That said, the Quez Watkins comment seriously made me laugh for 10 minutes. He has like 80 catches in 3 years, or basically what Smith-Schuster did last year alone. :coffee:

Brady is being honored at this game. It is more than appropriate to be discussing how Kraft might honor him.
We can get you a life time gig as the spokes lady for "what's appropriate". :coffee:

Hurts looked really good last year IMO.

Compare his year last year to Mac's rookie year. Almost identical passing stats.
Now what do you think?
Hurts season was better (22 TDs to 6 picks compared to Mac who had 22 TDs and 13 picks). He also had 760 yards rushing and 13 rushing TDs. His team went 14-1 with him starting. And the postseason? He had 3 passing TDs, no picks; 3 rushing TDs and literally strapped his team to his back in the SB with a chance to win the game if the refs didn't call that bogus holding call to ensure the Chiefs were winning the chip.

Additionally, I don't think Siriani is savvy enough to come out and try to run the ball. I think he's going to come out and 'make a statement', and try to throw the ball all over the lot, and will be met with poor results.

Additionally, I don't think Siriani is savvy enough to come out and try to run the ball. I think he's going to come out and 'make a statement', and try to throw the ball all over the lot, and will be met with poor results.
I agree. Sand lot football. He is going to test FS IMO and our young DBs.

Injury reports were released.

Eagles only had one player listed as limited.

Patriots only had five players listed as limited, but unfortunately they are all important players.

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
OT Trent Brown - Illness
CB Jack Jones - Hamstring
OL Mike Onwenu - Ankle
WR DeVante Parker - Knee
G Cole Strange - Knee

• Facepalm
Reactions: Alk
Back