Eagles fans at Gillette

Fully* Tilted* on 11-26-2007 at 08:48 PM said:
I'm either nowhere near Rt 1 or haven't taken it anywhere yet. I'm right off of 24 near Morristown.

But where else can you get a pork roll and egg sandwich.. :D

texas......:)

pork roll egg cheese and ketchup excellent in jersey...i got one in New Hampshire that wasn't too bad last year.

Captain_insano on 11-26-2007 at 09:00 PM said:
pork roll egg cheese and ketchup excellent in jersey...i got one in New Hampshire that wasn't too bad last year.

no no no......no ketchup.....it's hot sauce...:D

hot sauce...hmm..never tried it on my pork roll..i have on my eggs...i'll have to try it..sounds like a texas thing.

Captain_insano on 11-26-2007 at 09:42 PM said:
hot sauce...hmm..never tried it on my pork roll..i have on my eggs...i'll have to try it..sounds like a texas thing.

well...it is......I live in texas..:D

Blasphemy!

I can't believe you two would tarnish the beauty that is pork roll and egg sandwich (preferably on a hard roll) with anything but cheese.

:shake:

:D

Baron Samedi on 11-26-2007 at 09:48 AM said:
Philly is pretty well known as the lowest common denominator for sports fans...these are the people who throw batteries and bottles at people on the field.
They have a courtroom built right into the stadium. There is a reason for that...

And yet, none of them hit T.O. with a battery - so what good are they?

Captain_insano on 11-26-2007 at 06:04 PM said:
Yeah,I used to work at the AT&T up in Morristown.. it's sorta pricey in some parts of Morris. Check out Jimmy's in downtown Morristown they have live bands and tons of wicked nice chicks.

If I can get down there I will. I don't have a car, so I'll have to cab it.

The Philly accent is enough, by itself, to hate Philly fans.

The treatment of Bruins players by Flyers, and the reaction of the crowd last night to the most recent mugging, clinches it.

And Iggles fans acted like asswipes on Sunday night. I daresay that few of the "all fanbases have jerks" crowd has ever been to an Eagles home game, by the way. Football version of "limosuine liberals," all of you!

Since many of you are saying Philly fans are actually ok and its just a few bad apples, who wants to volunteer to drive down to Philly and head to an Eagle home game wearing a Dallas Cowboys Terrell Owens jersey? (crickets).

EasyBigFella* on 11-27-2007 at 09:39 AM said:
Since many of you are saying Philly fans are actually ok and its just a few bad apples, who wants to volunteer to drive down to Philly and head to an Eagle home game wearing a Dallas Cowboys Terrell Owens jersey? (crickets).

Probably the same number of people who'd want to go to a Sox game wearing a Yankees Damon jersey had the Yankees been doing better.

EasyBigFella* on 11-27-2007 at 10:39 AM said:

You just don't get it. Hell, lets just say i walk to Gillette with a JETS jersey, im sure nobody would say anything or better yet a Yankees jersey at Fenway. Sure I bet nobody will say anything to me or give me a rough time. There are always fans like that.

Captain_insano on 11-26-2007 at 09:42 PM said:

dude, i put hot sauce on anything I can.

Fightingdoxies on 11-26-2007 at 02:28 PM said:
Again i think your lumping the few with the many. I agree there are some with some serious mental problems... also dealt with a few of them myself but to label an entire fan base from that?

No, he's 100% right. With most fan bases, there's a small % of loud, A holes, that have no class, with Eagle fans there's a small group of classy decent fans. The majority are in fact Jerry Springer watching classless trash. Anyone thats ever been to an Eagle game in Philly wouldn't say different.

shasta on 11-27-2007 at 12:27 PM said:
No, he's 100% right. With most fan bases, there's a small % of loud, A holes, that have no class, with Eagle fans there's a small group of classy decent fans. The majority are in fact Jerry Springer watching classless trash. Anyone thats ever been to an Eagle game in Philly wouldn't say different.

Come on fellas, can we ease up on the philly bashing. I've witnessed just as many scummy occurrences which were provided by NE fans. They tend to be more obnoxious because there is more of them. Safety in numbers. They are a fan base that travels large, and when you turn out to see your team on the road, kindness and camaraderie
don't usually follow. You travel to a N.E./Phins games and N.E/ Buffalo game and you hear Yankees suck chants for four qtrs.

This is essentially why you travel. It happens with every team’s fans. The bigger the group, the more likely you are to find an a-hole.

Fightingdoxies on 11-27-2007 at 10:46 AM said:
You just don't get it. Hell, lets just say i walk to Gillette with a JETS jersey, im sure nobody would say anything or better yet a Yankees jersey at Fenway. Sure I bet nobody will say anything to me or give me a rough time. There are always fans like that.

Why, then, does Philly football fans have one of the, if not the, worst reputation in sports? Its almost like they pride themselves in being a-holes. That city can go screw itself as far as Im concerned.

Your analogy doesn't make sense, though. Most people who wear a Yankee jersey at Fenway don't go over the top with idiocy as what I saw the other night. As many on this board have as well, I've seen Jets fans, Raiders fans, Dolphins fans, etc in Foxboro. NEVER have I see countless, and I mean countless, visiting fans acting like that.

BobKraftsCoozie on 11-27-2007 at 12:39 PM said:
Come on fellas, can we ease up on the philly bashing. I've witnessed just as many scummy occurrences which were provided by NE fans. They tend to be more obnoxious because there is more of them. Safety in numbers. They are a fan base that travels large, and when you turn out to see your team on the road, kindness and camaraderie
don't usually follow. You travel to a N.E./Phins games and N.E/ Buffalo game and you hear Yankees suck chants for four qtrs.

This is essentially why you travel. It happens with every team’s fans. The bigger the group, the more likely you are to find an a-hole.

It's not bashing, it's the truth as I've seen it. As a football fan I've seen all kinds of bad behavior from all kinds of teams fans, including my fellow Patriots fans. Nothing and I mean nothing comes close to the Classless scumbage Eagle fans. Anyone that's been around them know exactly what I'm talking about. Make no mistake about it, the decent Eagle fans are the exception, not the rule, the rest can be summed up in two words, "Dirtbag Trash".

One of my best friends in the world is an Eagles fan. His dad has seasons to the Phillies and Eagles. He took me to a Pats-Eagles pre-season game several years ago.

At the time, he insisted that I not wear any Pats clothing and has several other times reminded me that I cannot wear that to an Eagles game in Philly. His view was different for Phillies games. This guy is not a girlyman.

As a huge Philly homer, he knows that Iggles fans are just different. When you go to Yankee Stadium in a Sox shirt, you are simply not in danger unless you behave like a jerk. Same at Fenway with Yankee clothing. Same at Foxboro in any team's colors.

Now an isolated incident can occur anywhere, but there is a pervasive danger in dressing like a visiting fan at Iggles games, and even the most die hard Philly fans can admit that.

Why are people not admitting it here? My guess is that the knee jerk "everyone is basically the same" reaction prevents that.

It's not PC, but Eagles fans are different on this score. Duh!

OchoCinco85 on 11-26-2007 at 12:27 PM said:
Well these are the same fans that cheered Michael Irvin when he was nearly paralyzed on their crappy field.... Philly fans are classless...... Regardless of how you feel about Michael Irvin, it was tasteless!!

Remember,

These are the same fans that Booed Santa Clause.

Do you need to know anything else?

:pat:
Erdoboy

EasyBigFella* on 11-26-2007 at 09:34 AM said:
First, let me say, I am anything but a "tea totler". That being said, I was absolutely mortified by the behavior of the Philly fans who were at the game last night. We had a handful in our section who were absolutely hammered and whose behavior was stunning for a someone in someone else's stadium.

Some were running up and down the stairs doing their Eagles' chant. When Philly went ahead late, they were getting in people's faces calling them "c*cksuckers". Of course fights were everywhere and reminscent of the old Foxboro Stadium days.

These slimeballs are nothing but NY wannabes, but I'll give NYers credit, even when they come, they dont act like A-holes in someone elses park. Hell, even the female Philly fans were acting like this.

I love the fact that the city of Philadelphia sucks at everything. It makes me smile knowing these scumbags are miserable.

Just do what I do. Get a security guy and tell him either he can remove the dumbass(es) or I will. If I do it, there will be ambulances involved. Which do you prefer?

Back