Elias Sports Bureau confirms it - Patriots conclude toughest schedule NFL history.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
From before the Denver game:

FOXBORO - The most grueling five-game stretch in NFL history is about to come to an end this weekend in Denver.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, which is the foremost authority on all obscure statistics, the New England Patriots are enduring the toughest five-game run ever.

The stretch began with games in Carolina and Pittsburgh, followed by a home game against San Diego and a road trip to Atlanta. It’ll conclude Sunday at Invesco Field when the Patriots play the red-hot Broncos, who’ve won four in a row since losing their opener.

All five opponents averaged 11 or more wins last season, which is why this part of the schedule set the standard in terms of difficulty.

Re: Elias Sports Bureau confirms it - Patriots conclude toughest schedule NFL history.

Undertaker #59 said:
All five opponents averaged 11 or more wins last season, which is why this part of the schedule set the standard in terms of difficulty.

This is exactly why Annihilus is wondering why so many folks are freaking out after the Pats went 3-3 through this stretch with so many injured players.

That's really not too bad, all things considered. Yes, there are improvements galore to be made, but still 3-3 is really not too shabby when you take the strength of schedule into account.

I would have preferred a 4-2, but can't complain about 3-3. What other team might have finished as well, or better?

I'm not freaking out because the Pats are 3-3, I actually think it's pretty amazing.

I am concerned about several aspects of our defensive production however.

Specifically,

we have been unable to stop the run;

we have been unable to stop the pass;

we have given up 21+ points in 6 games;

we have given up more big plays in the last 6 weeks than in the previous 2 years;

we are last in the league in the red zone;

we have several defensive backs with tire marks on their backs;

one of our starting linebackers has the nickname "speed bump";

another starting linebacker is named Chad :Eason:

we are watching the CFL waiver wire for potential DBs;

Our healthy safeties are Eugene Wilson (OK), Reggie Sanders, Arturo Freeman and Don Davis.

A starting CB admits he can't play press coverage wtf?

There has been some finger pointing going on;

In a couple of games the Best Pats on the field were Lonnie Paxon and Josh Miller;

I'm not used to a team that doesn't kick ass.

Bold prediction.......(hoping!)

Patriots squeak into the playoffs, yet destroy opponent, at line of scrimmage, and score-wise, in the Lombardi Bowl

See, the problem with this is, it's assuming things stay the same every year. But incase you havn't noticed, they don't. The truth is, the Panthers are straight up garbage, the Chagers are mediocre at best and wont make the playoffs, the Steelers are solid, but not even close to what they were last year and the Falcons are a 2-14 team without Vick. The Broncos are ok, but not as good as their record indicates.
So no, this wasn;t even close to the toughest 5-game stretch in football history when you look at things logically instead of just going by the past.

Your choice of user name is offensive. I'll give you one chance, and one chance only to give me a name to change it to before I either change it myself or just ban you.

Uhhh....what?? Tedy Strokeschi is my real-life name. Why would I be banned for using my real-life name? Seems kinda odd to me. :confused:

I think the username says it all about this guy. What are the chances he'll turn out to be a decent productive member of this board? About a billion to 1?

Colts Assclown said:
Uhhh....what?? Tedy Strokeschi is my real-life name. Why would I be banned for using my real-life name? Seems kinda odd to me. :confused:

I gave you a chance.

You may now only post in the Assclown forum until you are deemed worth allowing to post here, or get yourself banned. Up to you.

Here is a link in case you can't find it. http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?forumid=15

Undertaker #59 said:
I gave you a chance.

You may now only post in the Assclown forum until you are deemed worth allowing to post here, or get yourself banned. Up to you.

UT: You're like the mean housewife that takes away the mouse that the cat just caught. The mouse isn't dead yet and the cat is about ready to have tons of fun chewing him up and batting him around.

:( :thumb:

Undertaker #59 said:
I gave you a chance.

Here is a link in case you can't find it. http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?forumid=15

I think we may have a record that will be hard to beat. Only two posts to get put into the assclown forum.

My guess is that he and his classmates are having a good giggle over this. It will fill many recesses full of laughter.

Annihilus said:
UT: You're like the mean housewife that takes away the mouse that the cat just caught. The mouse isn't dead yet and the cat is about ready to have tons of fun chewing him up and batting him around.

:( :thumb:
Exactly, the fun was all over before I even stumbled into this thread.

:(
________
Honda CT50 Motra specifications

I can't win.

He was trouble before he started.

dchester said:
Exactly, the fun was all over before I even stumbled into this thread.

:(

Seems how I'm in a quote mood today, think of it this way.

"This little one's not worth the effort."

Undertaker #59 said:
I can't win.

He was trouble before he started.

You did the right thing with this loser. Not worth our time.

Back