ESPN censoring Mike Reiss

Don't forget about the 140+ ESPN employees who used that dating service for married people (can't remember the name.)

Some high ranking officials and producers.

yes Ashley Madison, I give ESPN 2 years before a huge leak blows out the station and many of the faces change.

Too many Alpha males in the place, it is going to come to a head.

Other fans prior to Deflategate:

ESPN is a joke! They always favor the Patriots and you can't believe anything you read from them. Disgrace.

Other fans post-Deflategate:

OMG did you see the ESPN article about the Patriots cheating???

If the team has 1/10th of the "F everyone" attitude I have these days toward the NFL, other teams, and other teams' fans, they're going to score 100 points a game this season. It'll make 2007 look like a tickle fight.

I would think Adam Schefter is on the chopping block. He has directly refuted several things Goodell and the league have stated, including very clearly saying and repeating several times, most recently on WEEI, that "contrary to what Roger Goodell says", and this is after his public interview on Monday when he claimed the Patriots suspended them, "Jazz and McN were suspended by the NFL."

He also said the Patriots had in fact requested reinstatement when Goodell AND Vincent said that they hadn't.

So Schefter is pretty sick of the railroading and lies, too.

I would think Adam Schefter is on the chopping block. He has directly refuted several things Goodell and the league have stated, including very clearly saying and repeating several times, most recently on WEEI, that "contrary to what Roger Goodell says", and this is after his public interview on Monday when he claimed the Patriots suspended them, "Jazz and McN were suspended by the NFL."

He also said the Patriots had in fact requested reinstatement when Goodell AND Vincent said that they hadn't.

Yet another thing that points to the NFL as an organization needing to fail.
When you care less about the product itself and more about the manipulation of public opinion, you got to go.

Well. Before they
him, they might consider whether they want to free him up (probably the single most respected voice in NFL reporting) to explain it all.

Cheers, BostonTim

As great as Reiss is, they will dump him in a heartbeat and as mentioned earlier on the thread, replace him with some crappy shill.
BUT...Schefter has so many inside sources that he has value to ESPN that no one else does. If they were going to can him, they would have. At worst, they will "fail to renew his contract" is my guess. Unless that little "mix up" a few weeks ago where their HR department accidentally terminated him and he lost all his internet and phone access was a warning shot???

As great as Reiss is, they will dump him in a heartbeat and as mentioned earlier on the thread, replace him with some crappy shill.
BUT...Schefter has so many inside sources that he has value to ESPN that no one else does. If they were going to can him, they would have. At worst, they will "fail to renew his contract" is my guess. Unless that little "mix up" a few weeks ago where their HR department accidentally terminated him and he lost all his internet and phone access was a warning shot???

Wait, did that really happen? There is usually a lengthy process for shit canning someone at a large company. That sort of thing does NOT happen by accident.

Reiss is one of the only reasons to visit that website. Stopped going there to avoid all the hate they write. Going to miss the article with Bruschi, but not so much that I go back.

Wait, did that really happen? There is usually a lengthy process for shit canning someone at a large company. That sort of thing does NOT happen by accident.

Yes, I saw him on Mike & Mike joking about it, must have been a week or two ago. Apparently, he was getting no cell/internet service and when he called ESPN IT, they said HR said he was terminated. They had to confirm he wasn't before they could restore his service.
And yes I know how hard it is to fire people at a large company because I used to work in HR at a large company. The paperwork alone is a cure for insomnia. That's one reason why it made me go "hmmmm".

Yes, I saw him on Mike & Mike joking about it, must have been a week or two ago. Apparently, he was getting no cell/internet service and when he called ESPN IT, they said HR said he was terminated. They had to confirm he wasn't before they could restore his service.
And yes I know how hard it is to fire people at a large company because I used to work in HR at a large company. The paperwork alone is a cure for insomnia. That's one reason why it made me go "hmmmm".

Agree. It is almost impossible to fire someone nowadays. The workflow process required in Oracle, SAP and other business process applications simply doesn't allow for this kind of mistake.

IMHO, a message was sent. It really isn't hard to believe when you consider the company is ESPN and in light of all the other BS they pull. Those practices will catch up at some point as the will have the pants sued off of them. Maybe they are immersed in a bunch of it already and are too arrogant to stop.

Back