!!! FantasyFootball !!! - We have a free league

Ottawapatty said:
OK gang,

The lottery has occured and here is the order. I suggest altering your choices now to ensure you have them set the way you want them.

Team Order
KickIsGood 1
PatsButterfly 2
Spinal Tap 3
Lost Planet Airmen 4
Monsters Patriots 5
Mighty Maggots 6
NoRespects Raiders 7
winnipegwarriors 8
Savannah Scapegoats 9
Arlington United 10
Pookriots 11
GilletteGang 12
Bradys Boys 13

ItsGood is on the clock...
In the tradition of the Minnesota Vikings, I will have my picks ready sometime in October.

Update all!

I guess our draft occurred!. I am not sure when but it was between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m.

So that means the teams are set and ready for trading, waiving, dropping adding and best of all playing. Just so everyone knows I am open for trades. I ended up with Satan himself Curtis Martin and wouldn't mind dropping him for a can of white paint and a case of beer, but I guess I will have a higher asking price for the sell-out crap bag. Also I have Tommy Maddox again. He is on both my fantsy teams. Funny eh! He was my back up to Vick, but now. . .

So check out your teams. Make some trades and have some fun.

Peace,

'Da Commish -- Matt

Ottawapatty said:
Update all!

I guess our draft occurred!. I am not sure when but it was between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m.

So that means the teams are set and ready for trading, waiving, dropping adding and best of all playing. Just so everyone knows I am open for trades. I ended up with Satan himself Curtis Martin and wouldn't mind dropping him for a can of white paint and a case of beer, but I guess I will have a higher asking price for the sell-out crap bag. Also I have Tommy Maddox again. He is on both my fantsy teams. Funny eh! He was my back up to Vick, but now. . .

So check out your teams. Make some trades and have some fun.

Peace,

'Da Commish -- Matt

The points league draft occurred. The head-head has not. The head-head league currently has 9 players. An even number would be ideal so we can avoid bye weeks.

I'm available for trades. I've got both Manning and McNair for QB's. I may be in the market for a RB. I'll start scouring the rosters (and available list) and see if I can get creative.

Wow! I managed not to get 1 single player ranked in the top 25 in our points league! That took talent, I guess.

How does the waiver thing work? I dropped QB Chris Redman and I believe I put a waiver claim on QB Drew Brees.... he was available. How will I know if I successfully added Brees to my lineup?

------------------------------------------------------

We also still need one more team for the head to head league. I don't want a stinking bye on week 1!

If anyone wishes to look at how the draft went down, check out this link.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/show?page=draftresults&lid=395176

Also, because you drafted third to last the only way you can not get Brees is if I (which I am not) or Bideau want him first. Same as the bigs. The worst team (or in this case because the season hasn't started the last draft position) has first crack and moves up.

Good luck

Ottawapatty said:

Also, because you drafted third to last the only way you can not get Brees is if I (which I am not) or Bideau want him first. Same as the bigs. The worst team (or in this case because the season hasn't started the last draft position) has first crack and moves up.

Since I already have Manning and McNair, I'm all set at QB. That means he'll be all yours.

Ottawapatty said:
If anyone wishes to look at how the draft went down, check out this link.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/show?page=draftresults&lid=395176

Good luck

Gotcha, thanks! I figure Brees is at least a minor upgrade over Redman. Oy!

all set

We also still need one more team for the head to head league. I don't want a stinking bye on week 1!

You HAPPY NOW!!! I just signed up for the league. We have ten now so maybe the commish will bite the bullet and set the draft to ready even without 12 teams. It would take forever to get us up to 12 let alone 14 teams!!! Anyways - I'm going to go rank ANOTHER list of players.

Sweet Jesus,

I'm a solid bet for last place if I know anything about FF.

Which is doubtful at best.

I can't believe the stiffs I ended up with and am going to have to comb the waiver wire to even have a chance.:banghead:

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to play Fantasy Football.

Hawg73 said:
Sweet Jesus,

I'm a solid bet for last place if I know anything about FF.

Which is doubtful at best.

I can't believe the stiffs I ended up with and am going to have to comb the waiver wire to even have a chance.:banghead:

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to play Fantasy Football.

Oh ya Hawg??? Take a look at my sorry-ass roster bud. I don't think the server liked my team name and decided not to give me any of my top 10 picks or any of the top 25 ranked players. You know you're in deep doodoo when you wave your 2nd QB to try to pick up Drew Brees. That'll give me 2 QB's named Drew.

Cookie, thanks! You're the balls..... and now that the mystery of your gender is solved, I can say that without wondering if I should have said "you're the ovaries"!

I could've sworn we had 14 teams in the points league

but it has only 13 now. What gives??? Did we draft with only 13 teams? Or did someone opt out last minute?

Uh, I ended up with:

RB: Priest Holmes
QB: Brett Favre
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Eric Moulds
WR: Peerless Price
K: Martin Gramatica
...and others

Did we say we were playing this for money? Lots and lots of money?

Sincerely,
The Red Auerbach of Fantasy Football

ItsGood_ItsGood said:
Uh, I ended up with:

RB: Priest Holmes
QB: Brett Favre
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Eric Moulds
WR: Peerless Price
K: Martin Gramatica
...and others

Did we say we were playing this for money? Lots and lots of money?

Sincerely,
The Red Auerbach of Fantasy Football

People... what's wrong with this picture? How did IG score all these high profile players with high fantasy potential when some of us got garbage?

Not that my Drew Bledsoe at QB, Vinateri at K and Tampa defense are garbage, but.....

Can't really help you there

I was only able to get
QB - Rich Gannon
Backup QB - Trent Green
WR - Koren Robinson
WR - Amani "best dressed" Toomer
WR - Donald "I am the" Driver
Backup WR - Donte Stallworth
RB - Ricky Williams
RB - Charlie Garner
Backup - James Stewart
TE - Graham
K - Mare
DEF - Carolina

Let me know if you figure it out so I can do better next time
:D LOL

Re: Can't really help you there

COOKIEINCOLLEGE said:
I was only able to get
QB - Rich Gannon
Backup QB - Trent Green
WR - Koren Robinson
WR - Amani "best dressed" Toomer
WR - Donald "I am the" Driver
Backup WR - Donte Stallworth
RB - Ricky Williams
RB - Charlie Garner
Backup - James Stewart
TE - Graham
K - Mare
DEF - Carolina

Let me know if you figure it out so I can do better next time
:D LOL

Well, I looked at the draft results and it seems that IGIG must've really ranked his players properly and a little luck didn't hurt him either. Comparing what I got with the order in which I ranked my picks brought me to the conclusion that I am a big dumb ass.

IGIG... I'm sorry that I thought those horrible thoughts about you and Matt-OP. :D :thailor:

Even though I b1tched about my picks, the thing with FF is that it isn't like real football in the sense that sometimes great players don't make great virtual players. It does take some getting used to and when the stats pour in the newbies out there will see what I mean.

It's all about stats and TD's and it's possible that some of the guys I'm griping about will turn out to be good performers.

Case in point is Shaun Alexander who is my no. 1. We never see the Seahawks around here, so we don't know him, but if I remember right he had some huge fantasy days last year and was one of the top picks on most boards.

He's.....just a little inconsistent....I think.

Bottom line is that were this a REAL draft, as in on-line we would probably wish that we went auto-pick. I sat in a room with 7 other guys and it took about 2 1/2 hours.

It was like watching paint dry and I can't imagine how hard it would have been to go live given all the issues with connection speeds etc., I mean one person dropping off would screw everything up - so even though we didn't get the guys we wanted in many cases, that presents the emphasis on trades and waiver moves and we can chalk it up to experience for next year and maybe do a PatriotsPlanet thread draft or Email draft well in advance so that we have plenty of time to get our picks in.

If the consensus is damn the torpedos and go live I could live with that. I have broadband.

I will say that even though I think my guys are stiffs, I can't wait for the season to start to see how it will all play out.

And you have to admit.....the price was right. :jester:

Hawg73 said:
Even though I b1tched about my picks, the thing with FF is that it isn't like real football in the sense that sometimes great players don't make great virtual players. It does take some getting used to and when the stats pour in the newbies out there will see what I mean.

It's all about stats and TD's and it's possible that some of the guys I'm griping about will turn out to be good performers.

Case in point is Shaun Alexander who is my no. 1. We never see the Seahawks around here, so we don't know him, but if I remember right he had some huge fantasy days last year and was one of the top picks on most boards.

He's.....just a little inconsistent....I think.

Bottom line is that were this a REAL draft, as in on-line we would probably wish that we went auto-pick. I sat in a room with 7 other guys and it took about 2 1/2 hours.

It was like watching paint dry and I can't imagine how hard it would have been to go live given all the issues with connection speeds etc., I mean one person dropping off would screw everything up - so even though we didn't get the guys we wanted in many cases, that presents the emphasis on trades and waiver moves and we can chalk it up to experience for next year and maybe do a PatriotsPlanet thread draft or Email draft well in advance so that we have plenty of time to get our picks in.

If the consensus is damn the torpedos and go live I could live with that. I have broadband.

I will say that even though I think my guys are stiffs, I can't wait for the season to start to see how it will all play out.

And you have to admit.....the price was right. :jester:

You're right Hawg, it should be fun and I can't wait for the games to start either. As of this posting, we only have 14 days, 1 hour and 1 minute to wait...... central time.

The head to head league should be a blast too, pitting us against each other. The banter and strife on this board should be hilarious.

Bulet Bitten!

COOKIEINCOLLEGE said:
You HAPPY NOW!!! I just signed up for the league. We have ten now so maybe the commish will bite the bullet and set the draft to ready even without 12 teams. It would take forever to get us up to 12 let alone 14 teams!!! Anyways - I'm going to go rank ANOTHER list of players.

After brief consideration , I have decided to set the DRAFT STATUS to ready.

With only 4 teams making the playoffs, we can keep more people in the running for the playoff births a little longer .

Also you should be able to get more quality players ( and even more available free agents).

The Draft order is :

1) Savannah Scapegoats
2) Hawgs Heroes
3) No Respect Raiders
4) The Goods
5) My 3 Sons
6) GiletteGang
7) MightyMaggots
8) bighit36
9) CookiesCrew
10 winnipegwarriors (thats me , Mrsteel )

Re: Bulet Bitten!

mrsteel said:

The Draft order is :

1) Savannah Scapegoats
2) Hawgs Heroes
3) No Respect Raiders
4) The Goods
5) My 3 Sons
6) GiletteGang
7) MightyMaggots
8) bighit36
9) CookiesCrew
10 winnipegwarriors (thats me , Mrsteel )

Hmmmm..... My choice of the top RB's, who will I choose? I already have LT in another league............maybe I'll pick someone else this time.

Back