!!! FantasyFootball !!! - We have a free league

SEPatsFan said:
The draft went last night. Everyone check your rosters.

Just like the other league, I (GilletteGang) did great at QB (Manning and Bledsoe) and TE (Gonzalez and Shockey), but I've got crap for RB. I'll have to scour the other rosters and start looking for trades.

Let the games begin.

SEPatsFan said:
The draft went last night. Everyone check your rosters.

1st Week Head to Head.

Mrsteel ( Brady, A.Smith, Vinateri) VS SePatsFan ( NE Defence)

should be interesting!

mrsteel said:
1st Week Head to Head.

Mrsteel ( Brady, A.Smith, Vinateri) VS SePatsFan ( NE Defence)

should be interesting!

That's pretty funny, I hadn't even looked at the Schedule yet, I was too worred about my rosters.

Here they are:
Points league.
QB McNabb, Donovan (QB-Phi)
WR Mason, Derrick (WR-Ten)
WR Rice, Jerry (WR-Oak)
WR Thrash, James (WR-Phi)
RB Henry, Travis (RB-Buf)
RB Lewis, Jamal (RB-Bal)
TE Heap, Todd (TE-Bal)
Bench Staley, Duce (RB-Phi)
Bench Dudley, Rickey (TE-TB)
Bench Johnson, Bryant (WR-Ari)
Bench Kitna, Jon (QB-Cin)

K Carney, John (K-NO)
Bench Hanson, Jason (K-Det)

DEF New Orleans (DEF-NO)
--QB -- Excellent, considered to be a top ranked fantasy pick
--RB-- Solid, both are second tier starters
--wr-- again, solid, not the top WR's, but all should get their touches
--TE--- I don't know alot about Heap, but I belevehe is one of the better ranked TE
--K--nothing if not pretty reliable, I don't think NO is going to be scoring alot of TD's, so perhaps lots of FGs?
DEF--Not to happy here.

I've got a couple transactions on the waivers, we'll see if they go threw tonight.

Head-to-Head
QB Warner, Kurt (QB-StL)
WR Moss, Randy (WR-Min)
WR McCardell, Keenan (WR-TB)
RB Tomlinson, LaDainian (RB-SD)
RB Dillon, Corey (RB-Cin)
TE Franks, Bubba (TE-GB)
WR/TE Chambers, Chris (WR-Mia)
WR/RB Canidate, Trung (RB-Was)
Bench Stevens, Jerramy (TE-Sea)
Bench Bettis, Jerome (RB-Pit)
Bench Finneran, Brian (WR-Atl)
Bench Pittman, Michael (RB-TB)
Bench Dudley, Rickey (TE-TB)

K Janikowski, Sebastian (K-Oak)
Bench Brien, Doug (K-NYJ)

DEF New England (DEF-NE)

I'm not going to break this down by positon, all I have to is this is a motley crew....some top tier guys, some guys coming back from injury, and some other guys..........should be interesting

pookie said:
People... what's wrong with this picture? How did IG score all these high profile players with high fantasy potential when some of us got garbage?

Not that my Drew Bledsoe at QB, Vinateri at K and Tampa defense are garbage, but.....

Take a look at your #2 and #3 RBs. The way I understand it, the key to FF success is being able to get good production from both RBs. IG's team looks potent now, but I wonder if Priest Holmes health is a concern. After all, KC did draft LJ.

I ended up with Cinton Portis and Ahman Green on both of my teams. I'm pretty happy with that combo.

I also took a chance and bumped Vick up a few spots on my list. I got him on both of my teams, also. This might be a dumb move, but if his recovery goes well, this gamble might pay off for me. I'll have to try to hang in there with Plummer(points) and Pennington(head to head) until then.

Hawg73 said:
Sweet Jesus,

I'm a solid bet for last place if I know anything about FF.

Which is doubtful at best.

I can't believe the stiffs I ended up with and am going to have to comb the waiver wire to even have a chance.:banghead:

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to play Fantasy Football.

I didn't think your roster looked bad at all. You should get good numbers out of Garcia. I don't know what Davis' health situation is, but if he's healthy I'd say you have a real good pair of RBs.

dropKickMurphy said:
Take a look at your #2 and #3 RBs. The way I understand it, the key to FF success is being able to get good production from both RBs. IG's team looks potent now, but I wonder if Priest Holmes health is a concern. After all, KC did draft LJ.

I ended up with Cinton Portis and Ahman Green on both of my teams. I'm pretty happy with that combo.

I also took a chance and bumped Vick up a few spots on my list. I got him on both of my teams, also. This might be a dumb move, but if his recovery goes well, this gamble might pay off for me. I'll have to try to hang in there with Plummer(points) and Pennington(head to head) until then.

I did MUCH better, IMO, in the head to head league draft. Last night, before it was too late, I went and changed my pre-rankings and it paid off. I got McNabb, Moulds, and Shaun Alexander. I may need to jockey for a better 2nd RB eventually, but I'm going to take my chances with Hambrick for now, since he'll be the featured back in Dallas.

Well Matt..... You gonna approve my proposed trade in the points league? C'mon...... you can do it..... It's just one little bitty trade. I'll even forget about you posting pictures of men in the beefcake thread if you approve, Mr Commish.

Additionally.... How about we separate the points league and the head to head league into 2 separate threads? I can envison this one thread becoming very confusing with all of us posting in regards to 2 different fantasy leagues. What does everybody think about this? A points league thread and a head to head league thread?

pookie said:
Additionally.... How about we separate the points league and the head to head league into 2 separate threads? I can envison this one thread becoming very confusing with all of us posting in regards to 2 different fantasy leagues. What does everybody think about this? A points league thread and a head to head league thread?

:thumb:

Capital idea my good man. I think it would be a little easier to follow for everyone that way.

Back