Feeling kind of shakey about some bad news that I got today...

Another note on BP: make sure they test both arms.

I went to the doc's back in the late 90's and the nurse kept having trouble finding a pulse in my left arm. Thinking nothing of it, she switched to the right. When the doc came in, I was the one who mentioned it to him, jokingly. He checked the BPs: the right arm was 140/100 (again, White Coat Syndrome IMO) but the left arm was only 100/60. Turned out, after a barrage of tests, that I have a Subclavian Stenosis (fancy term for "some sort of arterial blockage under the left shoulder blade"). I asked if it was a birth defect or cholesterol, and he said, "No way to tell. We can do an angioplasty." I said, "Is that really necessary?" He said, "Probably not... If your hand ever goes numb or turns blue, let your doctor know," LOL.

Peg -

Moms went through 3 mastectomies (1 correct a butcher job) over 20 years ago before "modern" techniques. If anything is there of a serious nature, rest assured you won't have to go through anything like Moms did.

Always get a second opinion. Go to the best, never settle for mediocre. Relaxation, get laid and watching football are great stress reliefs. Unfortunately alcohol is not, but after too many you could care less about stress.

Need to talk, we are all here for you. (If you don't mind public displays of emotions)

Peg, I'll send as many good karmic thoughts your way today. Please keep us posted on your progress. Stay strong and positive, we're here for you!

Mary

hey Peg

Keep your supportive friends & family close, don't be afraid to lean on them.

You'll get lots of support here.

Be thinking of you.

Hi Peg. Please make sure to get 2nd & 3rd opinions, as doctors have been known to be wrong and diagnoses incorrect. Stay strong!!

Hope everything turns out OK Peg.
Laying off the buffalo Chicken fingers will go a long way to helpimg you blod presure. Trust me. :D

Stay up beat and positive. Go to a comedy show. There is some merit to the saying "Laughter is the best medicine".

Let us do the worrying for you...you do the smiling and laughing for us.

Deal?

you=:D

us=:mad:

I'm thinking of you Peg. I'll send my prayers out your way and stay strong! You'll be fine and live a long healthy life and so will Ted Johnson. ;)

Hey Peg.......I don't suppose it would help if I told you I have made 5 trips to my local clinic in the last week. For various reasons, but nothing to be considered all that serious. But damn, I've spent more $$$ in co-pays over the last year than I have on beer, and that's saying something.

Ok.....seriously though, keep your chin up. You have quite an online support group here at the Planet if you need it. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. :)

Peg said:
Hi, Guys--
I haven't been feeling very well lately, so I decided to get an appointment for a physical... If any of you know me very well, then you know that I normally have to be taken to a medical facility, kicking and screaming... So, when I go voluntarily--there has to be something very wrong...
I didn't tell the doctor any of this, of course... I tried to play it cool, but my blood pressure was 240/120, so I guess that I wasn't "too cool", afterall...
The doctor didn't tell me what my blood pressure was, until after she told me that I need to have a mammogram immediately, if not sooner... Apparently, I have an lump in my left breast, that is suspicious...
And the doctor is concerned that I am about to keel over from a stroke... If any of you know anything about high blood pressure, then you know that my numbers are off the charts, dangerous... So, here I am this evening--not having told a soul, except my friend, Diane, who just happened to call and check in with me--and now you guys...
Needless to say, I am kind of freaking out here, yet, trying to deep breathe and stay calm, so that I don't stroke out... Kind of a difficult balance to try and reach...
I know that there isn't anything that anyone can do, until I have some more tests run, but I just feel better, for having had the ability to vent my concerns, frustrations and yes, my fears, here...
Thanks for that. I'm wicked close with my family, but many of them, (especially my folks), have their own medical concerns, so I didn't want to aggravate any of those for them...
Gawd--it's gonna be a long night, 'til I talk to my doctor again tomorrow... Thanks again for letting me get this off my chest, as it were... ~Peg :)

I just wanted you to know the same thing happened to me about 3 months ago, my doctor scared me to death....she sent me for a mamogram, you know, where they smash your boobies like pancakes....:mad: and they didn't find anything....I was so mad at her that I changed doctors...anyway, here's hoping that all is good with you, and my prayers are coming your way...:thumb:

Peg,

As someone who has battled some health issues the past few months (a big part of which was figuring out what was wrong with me), I can sympathazie with what you are going through.

Dealing with the medical profession can be nerve wracking but you really do need to make sure they listen to you and respect your feelings.

Please take care of yourself and know that you are in my thoughts.

Thank you, one & all... :)
I will try to reply to each and every one of you, but right now I am feeling really drained and exhausted...
BUT--I MUST SAY--some of you had me in tears and some had me rolling in laughter and again in tears... Jeesum-crow... I had no idea how many people here had replied to my initial thread, 'cuz I had not signed back on to the board that much, since that initial posting... So, thanks again, to all of my beloved buddies here... I love you all... And YES--I am TRYING to keep a VERY POSITIVE and upbeat attitude here, my friends! Fear not! :)
Here's the update: I got my blood pressure back under control with the addition of a second b.p. med, so now I don't have the fear of a stroke, at hand... :)
And the soonest that my insistent doc could get a mammogram set up for me is Tuesday afternoon... Crikey--THAT is gonna make for a LONG week for me!... OY!!...
So, that is the long and the short of it... I'm gonna go get some rest now... ~Peg :)
p.s.--I have told a couple of family members, one of my colleagues and my ex-boyfriend about this, so I have a few people that I can literally talk to, between now and Tuesday, about all of this... And I am supposed to see my folks tomorrow, to go see an elderly relative and visit with him... Knowing myself, I don't know if I will be able to hide this from them... Not to mention that I am supposed to have lunch with one of my best male friends tomorrow and I can NEVER even think about hiding anything from him... So, many more people may know about my situation, before Tuesday, even if it is not my choice...
Hugs :)

Just came from the doctor myself.

My BP is always borderline (about 140/100), not helped by the aforementioned White Coat Syndrome.

Today it was about 165/115.

I mentioned that to him, and he said, "Oh, yeah, it's a little higher today.... Umm, don't put salt on your food."

WTF?

For that I coughed up a $25 copay, LOL...

Well JD, I have a doctors story for you.

I went to my family doctor to get something for Pain, Since my Surgeon will not return my calls.

He gave me a script for Loratab 10*500
100 of them

I picked up the script and it was #40 10*500 from my surgeon.

No explaination was given, I wonder what happened to the other 100 from the Doc that wrote that script?

Keep your head up Peg, You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

Back