Flores suing the Giants - Dramatic revelations

My contacts are arranged alphabetically with last name first. My iPhone also auto insert names it thinks I'm trying to select. Years ago it would function only alphabetically but these days it chooses more commonly texted people and inserts those first.

Who knows?
Mine are by first name, which I always found weird. Now that I think about it, I wonder if there's a setting for this...

He didn't let Bill know though about going public with the texts etc.

View: https://twitter.com/Globe_Tara/status/1488869600485912580

This goes to something else that occurred to me. Unless BB did actually send to the wrong person "accidentally on purpose," it's not impossible that Flores is upset with him for knowing that this was happening and just accepting it as ok and how it works. Not to say silence is violence, but along that sort of track.

Agree, and I'd be inclined to move aggressively to put him in the DC/AHC role ASAP. We may not have 4-6 years of BB, and if we move quickly we may be able to leverage all of this to get some assistant coaches that might follow him. And potentially players - my impression is that the players played their nuts off for him and may follow him - over the next couple of years.

100%. I would love him back and get him ready for BB to retire. Admired the job he did in Miami.

Whorio with logic for change:

To hell with logic or illogic. Given the number of sources inside the league and various teams that Florio has (or at least claims) and his history of allowing himself to be used as a mouthpiece for said insiders getting their story out there, there's a colorable argument that this can be reasonably interpreted as a threat from one of the relevant teams or the league itself.

Threatening a plaintiff leading into a suit happens, but is, er, frowned upon, and in an employment discrimination case? Not what you'd call a good fact in front of a judge. In fact, it's arguably a whistleblower case given the allegations about throwing games and the anti-trust exemption the league enjoys, and that would make this potentially a threat of retaliation that is freakin' radioactive.

To hell with logic or illogic. Given the number of sources inside the league and various teams that Florio has (or at least claims) and his history of allowing himself to be used as a mouthpiece for said insiders getting their story out there, there's a colorable argument that this can be reasonably interpreted as a threat from one of the relevant teams or the league itself.

Threatening a plaintiff leading into a suit happens, but is, er, frowned upon, and in an employment discrimination case? Not what you'd call a good fact in front of a judge. In fact, it's arguably a whistleblower case given the allegations about throwing games and the anti-trust exemption the league enjoys, and that would make this potentially a threat of retaliation that is freakin' radioactive.

That post from Florio is disgusting and I believe is a threat. NFL warning Flores he will get dragged through the mud and they have shown an absolute willingness to do so in the past as we ALL KNOW too well.

Last edited:
This goes to something else that occurred to me. Unless BB did actually send to the wrong person "accidentally on purpose," it's not impossible that Flores is upset with him for knowing that this was happening and just accepting it as ok and how it works. Not to say silence is violence, but along that sort of track.
Yeah that’s my thinking too. Bill is kind of in the crosshairs here. But overall I think Flores is going to lose big time. I really don’t see exactly what his cases as it is really hard to judge intent when you’re being interviewed. Plus he’s going up against billionaires who have mansions full of lawyers to drag him through the mud. I really hope this wasn’t an emotional decision for him because his career is at stake.

Yeah that’s my thinking too. Bill is kind of in the crosshairs here. But overall I think Flores is going to lose big time. I really don’t see exactly what his cases as it is really hard to judge intent when you’re being interviewed. Plus he’s going up against billionaires who have mansions full of lawyers to drag him through the mud. I really hope this wasn’t an emotional decision for him because his career is at stake.
Oh, I don't think Belichick is in the crosshairs at all, though I'm wildly unsurprised that you took it there. But Flores and BB have at minimum a cordial professional relationship and mutual respect, and it's reasonably likely that they have a friendship of some type/degree. I'd be shocked if it was anything beyond "I would have hoped you would have had my back and given me a heads up on this, Bill." Not that Bill did anything wrong, but maybe disappointment that he didn't do more.

WTF is that cartoon-looking shit? Last time I bought Apple was an iPhone 4s. 🤪😉
I would bet android has setting that is similar. I am sure they go last name first in their internal database of YOUR contacts they have stolen...

:dith:

Oh, I don't think Belichick is in the crosshairs at all, though I'm wildly unsurprised that you took it there. But Flores and BB have at minimum a cordial professional relationship and mutual respect, and it's reasonably likely that they have a friendship of some type/degree. I'd be shocked if it was anything beyond "I would have hoped you would have had my back and given me a heads up on this, Bill." Not that Bill did anything wrong, but maybe disappointment that he didn't do more.

In management the professional knowledge shared at different levels of the organization is wide. BB knew about the Gints decision for a reason. It happens at every company in the country. I usually know about employee moves in other parts of my company at a level at mine or below as a professional courtesy amongst managers UNLESS the moves are HR related in some way.

Is was not surprising BB knew of the hiring decision and his texts to "Brian" show that, given the cavalier sharing of the actual decision AND that he knew about it.

This goes on all the time.

I've sent texts to the wrong person more times that I care to admit so it most certainly happens, I can definitely see BB doing it, it's not like he's a tech savvy type of guy.

Brian said that one of the reasons he's doing this is for, change, justice, and equity. For the past 2 years the NFL has been promoting change, justice, and equity big time.
Then it took them a minute and a half to say Brian's claims were without merit. I love it when hypocrites are exposed.

If he is in fact blackballed from any head coaching opportunities, I hope the Pats bring him back in a role here, and depending on how things transpire over the next 4-6 years, I would be very open to him succeeding BB as head coach. He's a natural leader and a man of integrity and principle.
Not. Happening.

I'm sure Belichick is not too happy with those texts being made public. Especially if Flores didn't give Belichick a curtesy heads up. The texts are an embarrassment for Belichick. They are never working together again.

I've sent texts to the wrong person more times that I care to admit so it most certainly happens, I can definitely see BB doing it, it's not like he's a tech savvy type of guy.
Exactly. This is the MyFace guy after all. 😂 It was probably as simple as the Giants called Bill as a reference and in conversation they told him that Daboll is their guy. He quite likely had no idea that Flores even had an interview or for all he knew had already interviewed when he sent that text to the wrong Brian.

I would bet android has setting that is similar. I am sure they go last name first in their internal database of YOUR contacts they have stolen...

:dith:
Yeah, because Apple is the great paragon of protecting your personal information... :rofl: At least Google is more or less open that they're in the information business, and they don't charge you a premium for the privilege.

Besides, the joke's on them: I haven't ever cleaned out my contacts. I tried to text an old friend a couple weeks ago and was smugly informed that I couldn't have been a very good friend because this had been this other guy's number for more than 6 years.

Flores lawsuit claims he was forced to sit for interview with the Giants, please. For legal purposes isn't that sort of entrapment kind of deal. He also submitted photos of all the NFL owners to show they were all white? Denver Broncos are for sale, put in a bid. I like Flores the coach, but something doesn't feel right here. It is pretty obvious he wants to injure Ross, with good reason. I get the feeling that it is a CK 2.0 situation though, meaning he is getting bad advice in order to move a narrative. This is why the photos are part of the lawsuit, along with being filed on the first day of Black history month, throwing everything at the wall. I don't think that BB will take being blindsided as well as others here do.

Exactly. This is the MyFace guy after all. 😂 It was probably as simple as the Giants called Bill as a reference and in conversation they told him that Daboll is their guy. He quite likely had no idea that Flores even had an interview or for all he knew had already interviewed when he sent that text to the wrong Brian.
It sounds like you're suggesting that Bill isn't right on top of all the coaching movements around the league, and I couldn't disagree more. Especially in a year when McDaniels jumping ship was a mortal lock and he'd be in the market for coaches. I bet he absolutely knew Flores had an interview, with which team, and when it was scheduled.

At this time of year that's probably the first briefing he sees in the morning each day.

I think the deck is stacked against Flores and don't see him winning any lawsuit but his accusations of Ross paying him to lose games is intriguing, hopefully he has proof of it, otherwise it will come off as sour grapes.

I think the deck is stacked against Flores and don't see him winning any lawsuit but his accusations of Ross paying him to lose games is intriguing, hopefully he has proof of it, otherwise it will come off as sour grapes.
Maybe but Hue Jackson supposedly has receipts.

Back