Garropolo or Brissett .. who ya got?

Coolade

Reaction score
When Patriots parted ways with both Brissett and Garropolo I thought it was interesting to sit back as Patriots fans and watch their careers play out .

Thing is, Jimmy G has the talent where JB has the athleticism and size. My instinct after JG hurt his shoulder in his second game was a red flag that he lacked the size or ability to avoid injury . Meanwhile JB was a game manager who could throw ok and run around a bit with exactly what JG lacked.

Sooooo.. I think it makes a good thread because every game they play changes the discussion. I think after 8-10 1 TD, Brissett and Indy should be getting trade offers so he can start somewhere.

JG goes tonight but the chat I heard on the herd was 49ers can ditch him after this year if he doesn't light it up .. haha minus 61M..

We shall see..

Why would the 49ers drop him?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

JimmyG is better than Brisket...

Sooooo.. I think it makes a good thread because every game they play changes the discussion. I think after 8-10 1 TD, Brissett and Indy should be getting trade offers so he can start somewhere.

Luck continues to deal with injury issues. Brissett isn't going anywhere.

The other part of this was the collosal uproar that happened when JG was traded.. lol. As if there was a scenario where he could have retained.

So post and watch the story play out. I think Mazz is watching intently cuz he was the biggest whiner about how great JG was. Again we shall see.

Is this really a question? Let alone a thread? I mean the only thing you could say for brissett is that he hasn’t been injured. That is big. But healthy? Come on. I wouldn’t want either. I don’t think jimmy is built for the nfl grind physically, and I don’t think brissett has the talent to make a playoff run.

Brissett is a solid #2 QB. That's about the best thing I can say about him.

JG can't stay healthy.

So which is it, Brissett or JG for your team? If I need a starter it's not Brissett but neither is it JG riding the pine or in rehab. So neither one.

I think Brissett still has upside if he has a team around him.. he's still young and growing into the position. I guess one question is how many teams would be better off with Brissett than their current project. Arizona? Miami? Buffalo? Cincinnati? Giants? Even SF cuz after JG it's beàthard... If any team needs solid backup with upside... It's 49ers.... ;)

Brissett has absolutely no upside. None. He had a season to shown anything, and he turned in a C+ season at best. He’s had some of the best coaching in the league and played in above average offensive systems. Jimmy will probably be injured his whole career, but will flash just enough to keep him around and pay him a contract that prevents anyone from building a decent offense or def around him. Ok tell me who do you want?

The answer is neither. I don’t know why I’m taking the time to respond. It’s summer I guess

When Patriots parted ways with both Brissett and Garropolo I thought it was interesting to sit back as Patriots fans and watch their careers play out .

Thing is, Jimmy G has the talent where JB has the athleticism and size. My instinct after JG hurt his shoulder in his second game was a red flag that he lacked the size or ability to avoid injury . Meanwhile JB was a game manager who could throw ok and run around a bit with exactly what JG lacked.

JG goes tonight but the chat I heard on the herd was 49ers can ditch him after this year if he doesn't light it up .. haha minus 61M..

We shall see..

Actually, he could have significantly reduced the chances of that injury.

If you recall, he was rolling out to his right while a defender was closing.

He chose to try and make a throw.

That resulted in him having his right arm extended when he got hit and fell on that arm.

If he had not tried to throw the ball, but had decided to protect himself, take the sack, and live to fight another day, the odds of him getting hurt would be far less.

On his most recent injury, he was scrambling and could have gone out of bounds and avoided any contact, but instead he tried to get a few more yards and got hurt.

In both plays, if he had made a different decision, the odds of him getting hurt would have been substantially less.

So I'm not sure his injury issue is not so much physical, as mental.

Can he learn to not do that?

:shrug_n:

Why would the 49ers drop him?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

JimmyG is better than Brisket...

The herd was saying the contract JG signed has an out where it's not guaranteed next year and they could cut him with relatively small dead money.. 4M . This would be for lack of production , injury, etc.

JG 0/2 with a pick to start against Denver. He's had a pretty rough week with the Broncos.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Actually, he could have significantly reduced the chances of that injury.

If you recall, he was rolling out to his right while a defender was closing.

He chose to try and make a throw.

That resulted in him having his right arm extended when he got hit and fell on that arm.

If he had not tried to throw the ball, but had decided to protect himself, take the sack, and live to fight another day, the odds of him getting hurt would be far less.

On his most recent injury, he was scrambling and could have gone out of bounds and avoided any contact, but instead he tried to get a few more yards and got hurt.

In both plays, if he had made a different decision, the odds of him getting hurt would have been substantially less.

So I'm not sure his injury issue is not so much physical, as mental.

Can he learn to not do that?

:shrug_n:
I could see Stidham getting caught up in a play like that. Or alot of young qb's who think they should run for the first down. I think Brady's durability has alot to do with not taking that chance. Same with Pay me a ton Manning (I don't think his neck injury was caused by his running). Garrapolo hopefully has learned to just get rid of the ball...I guess he's playing tonight....

What's consistent is both JG injuries happened as he was scrambling. There is possibly a connection Aka.. Red flag, IMO. But now we get to watch and see how he adjusts and gets better.. ;)

Watching the Den v 9'rs now (I DVR'd the start as I was going to be late) and JG not looking so hot at the moment. time will tell, but you wonder if the pressure will get to him. I'm sure some of us expected Matt Cassell would have done better then he did (and IIRC he started out ok in KC)

What's consistent is both JG injuries happened as he was scrambling. There is possibly a connection Aka.. Red flag, IMO. But now we get to watch and see how he adjusts and gets better.. ;)

He was scrambling on the shoulder injury? I thought he just kinda got sacked.

JG's 2nd drive.... another tipped pass at the line and an almost/should-have-been pick. ugh. only 2nd week of preseason but he needs to tighten that up.

He was scrambling on the shoulder injury? I thought he just kinda got sacked.

Yeah, I was at that game. He wasn't scrambling. He simply got sacked, and his shoulder was driven into the ground against Miami. I don't think it was intentional. What a weird start to that season....Garrapolo and Co. beat Arizona; Garrapolo and Brissett beat Miami; Brissett beats Houston (27-0?), and Rex Ryan's Bills beat Brissett. And then, the return of Brady!

Yeah, I was at that game. He wasn't scrambling. He simply got sacked, and his shoulder was driven into the ground against Miami. I don't think it was intentional. What a weird start to that season....Garrapolo and Co. beat Arizona; Garrapolo and Brissett beat Miami; Brissett beats Houston (27-0?), and Rex Ryan's Bills beat Brissett. And then, the return of Brady!

Yeah thought it was just a sack.

IDK, guys. This meets my definition of scrambling.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I6H8AYVygTE?start=1" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I had already moved on from JimmyG because of all his injuries and last night's putrid performance validates moving on. Talk about regression!
Yeah, I'm on to Jarrett Stidham.

Back