Ghost is back...

Shemp

Upright Member
Reaction score
I think that's a good thing... but Bill needs to bring in some competition.

Good news. I had just read something about the Niners showing interest in him.

Very good signing.

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates
Field Yates Retweeted Adam Schefter
NFL’s all-time leaders in field goal accuracy:

1. Justin Tucker: 90.114%
2. Robbie Gould: 87.745%
3. Stephen Gostkowski: 87.381%

Robbie...that guy had a cup of coffee "here" if I recall correctly.

It sucks that only a few kickers are worth a shit in the NFL...Gost USED to be really good. Now he is only kinda good in the regular season good.

I think that it's appx 98.9% (a really high disjointed percentage guess) a mind fuck thing...don't they hire NLP practitioners in the NFL? I don't think for a second that their legs just lose everything. There IS a lot of stress on them in extreme key situations. I fully understand that part...

...hopefully Stephen is all "Tony Robbins and Zig Ziglar like" this year... :coffee:

Very good signing.

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates
Field Yates Retweeted Adam Schefter
NFL’s all-time leaders in field goal accuracy:

1. Justin Tucker: 90.114%
2. Robbie Gould: 87.745%
3. Stephen Gostkowski: 87.381%

2 years, $8.5M. $4.25M/yr is a slight decrease from $4.3M in 2018.

It would have cost $5.98M to tag him for 2019 per Miguel.

Pats cap currently sits at $18.242M per Miguel.

Robbie...that guy had a cup of coffee "here" if I recall correctly.

It sucks that only a few kickers are worth a shit in the NFL...Gost USED to be really good. Now he is only kinda good in the regular season good.

I think that it's appx 98.9% (a really high disjointed percentage guess) a mind fuck thing...don't they hire NLP practitioners in the NFL? I don't think for a second that their legs just lose everything. There IS a lot of stress on them in extreme key situations. I fully understand that part...

...hopefully Stephen is all "Tony Robbins and Zig Ziglar like" this year... :coffee:

That's so demonstrably false, but you knew that already.

That's so demonstrably false, but you knew that already.

He isn't clutch like he once was. Fact.

But, most of the NFL kickers are worse than Gost is. I'll give you that.

Hopefully he's good though...he's getting paid a lot of $ for it.

He isn't clutch like he once was. Fact. Opinion. There is no way to measure a subjective term like clutch

But, most of the NFL kickers are worse than Gost is. I'll give you that.

Hopefully he's good though...he's getting paid a lot of $ for it.
"most of the NFL kickers are worse than Gost" is is just another way of saying his is better than most kickers. If fact, he is better than almost all other kickers. What kickers other than Tuck would you rather have?

I don't understand the hate. Is he really getting a lot of money compared to the kickers he's better than? Got a list of top 10 paid kickers?

"most of the NFL kickers are worse than Gost" is is just another way of saying his is better than most kickers. If fact, he is better than almost all other kickers. What kickers other than Tuck would you rather have?

I don't understand the hate. Is he really getting a lot of money compared to the kickers he's better than? Got a list of top 10 paid kickers?

Last year wasn't a good year for him. Fact. Not as bad as his rookie year (06), 09, 10, or 12. As good as 16.

So to say that he is just as good as he usually is, would be wrong.

His best years that were 90% or higher: 08, 13, 14, 15 and 17.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stephengostkowski/2506922/careerstats

I never said that I hated him, but, I don't much care for him though. :coffee:

It’s tough because a lot of kickers seem to flash for one or two years, then fall off. Dan Bailey comes to mind. Others kick in domes. The grass is always greener on the other side, and it’s way easier to remember the misses than the consistent seasons. Ghost has missed some kicks he should have made, but when he’s kicking from 40 to 50 yards out I usually feel good about it. What other kicker has more postseason experience? Foxbourgh isn’t that easy of a place to kick. Neither are buffalo or NY. Miami is warm but it’s still not a dome. I’m glad he’s back. Hopefully he’s due for an up year. Outside of tucker who’s better? Zuckerline? Maybe....... probably, but let’s see him do it for ten years, and in some cold windy weather. Who else? Matt Bryant has been great but he kicks in a dome. Hopefully this contract gives him some security.

Last year wasn't a good year for him. Fact. Not as bad as his rookie year (06), 09, 10, or 12. As good as 16.

So to say that he is just as good as he usually is, would be wrong.

His best years that were 90% or higher: 08, 13, 14, 15 and 17.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stephengostkowski/2506922/careerstats

I never said that I hated him, but, I don't much care for him though. :coffee:

The one thing you can hold against him is that he was weak from 50+ (only 2 for 5). He made 93 % from inside 50. 100 % inside 40. 98 % on exp.

I noticed something funny when looking at kicker stats. The Patriots were 1 of 4 teams that didn't have an opponent miss an exp against them. The Saints had 5 missed exp against them. Thats a bit of an advantage on something you don't control.

The one thing you can hold against him is that he was weak from 50+ (only 2 for 5). He made 93 % from inside 50. 100 % inside 40. 98 % on exp.

I noticed something funny when looking at kicker stats. The Patriots were 1 of 4 teams that didn't have an opponent miss an exp against them. The Saints had 5 missed exp against them. Thats a bit of an advantage on something you don't control.

I think a lot of the struggle with kickers especially...is the mental game. Sure, weather can move the ball around. You're not needed until a key situation is in play.

I'm not saying that SG is terrible...he just isn't as reliable as he was in the the past. Hopefully he has a few 90% and higher years.

Brady seemed pretty confident in him when he convinced BB to kick that FG in the Super Bowl.

Something about this deal makes me think the Pats will be drafting or bringing in a kicker to compete for the job.

Here's the thing. I have no doubt that Ghost wanted a lot more than that...money or years.

Career stats mean nothing to Bill. He's a "what have you done for me lately" kind of guy....and Ghost's playoff performance has been less than stellar....not dreadful, but certainly less than stellar.

Also, field goals are less of an issue than extra points, I think. You don't remember missed field goals except for a few game deciding ones....but damned of those missed extra points don't really stick in your brain. I suspect that there are very few things that piss Bill off more than missed extra points, especially in playoffs.

I don't know...this deal smacks of "the devil you know" to me. Feels like an insurance policy more than a commitment.

Much of this could be me projecting my own bias, too.

Oh...I never even mentioned LAST YEAR'S superbowl... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I mean...if we're all going THERE!...

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

He isn't even close to worth what BB is paying him. FACT.

Oh...I never even mentioned LAST YEAR'S superbowl... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I mean...if we're all going THERE!...

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

He isn't even close to worth what BB is paying him. FACT.
Opinion, and you're wrong. You couldn't be more wrong.

You said he was overpaid. That's an opinion, not a fact.

He's the 3rd highest paid kicker in the league. He's the 3rd best overall in percentage, not only last year, but over the last 5 years, he's better than that.

Your irrational fascination with him supposedly sucking isn't supported by fact, most opinion, the 'eye test' or pretty much anything other than how you 'feel'.

None of that is fact. It's all opinion, conjecture, and unsupported nonsense.

Back