Go Fund Me for NFL?

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Roger? Oh Roger.

The NFL Cancelling "Mic'd Up" Due To Budget Cuts Is One Of The Dumbest Decisions Made By A League Famous For Dumb Decisions https://www.barstoolsports.com/newy...cisions-by-a-league-famous-for-dumb-decisions

po
NY Post- The NFL Network is being forced to cut $20 million out of its projected budget and, in the process, already has eliminated at least five shows, including one that featured Deion Sanders, The Post has learned. The less-than-hoped-for budget has made negotiations with on-air personnel tense, and there is a feeling some will either not be retained or be forced to take pay cuts, according to sources.

The moves have been made as part of the NFL’s overall budget, which includes what is expected to be an amped-up celebration of the NFL’s 100th season this year. NFL Network has apparently absorbed part of the project into its budget. NFL Network is definitively cutting five programs. Sanders’ “21 & Prime,” “Power Rankings,” “Pick ‘em,” “Playbook” and “Mic’d Up” are off the air. The future of the weekend edition of “Good Morning Football” is in question.

I’m sure this soundbite has been used for Roger Goodell in the past and he probably isn’t responsible for every single decision that is made on the NFL Network, but I am using it anyway.

There aren’t a lot of things that can stop my stupid brain that’s been broken by the unlimited content choices of 2019 from scrolling on social media or the TV channel guide. But one of the few was a Mic’d Up segment on Twitter or the actual show on NFL Network. It doesn’t matter if the Mic’d Up followed around a player more wholesome than a boy scout like the Andrew Luck Mic’d Up

A crazy fuck like Bruce Arians

A journey into a little game like the Super Bowl, where you can hear the real time human reactions to huge plays that decided the championship

Or just bouncing around the league and finding out which players and coaches actually have personalities

Now I’m sure losing a show hosted by Deion Sanders or one devoted to power ranking things ruined some peoples’ days. I personally would rather watch paint dry while someone scratched a chalkboard in my general vicinity. However the reasoning for the cancellation of Mic’d UP is even crazier.

In response, the NFL Network said it was actually upping its investment, but it was shifting where the spending is taking place with the NFL 100 celebration. “As part of an increased investment in programming and content for 2019, NFL Network will unveil several shows geared towards a celebration of the NFL’s 100th season,” an NFL network spokesman, Alex Riethmiller, said in a statement to The Post. “These shows will replace a handful of existing shows from our 2018 schedule.”

So wait, the NFL Network is cutting Mic’d Up so the NFL can suck its own 100 year old dick with what I imagine will be some cool shows but also some shows featuring black and white games featuring guys named Otto and players that ran a 6.0 40? That’s as ludicrous as the NFL crying poverty and cutting shows in the first place. The Sabols are probably rolling over in their graves seeing an all-access gem like Mic’d Up get the axe for highlights they probably shot in the early days of NFL Films along with the occasional incredible use of the NFL’s history like the Super Bowl commercial (that Saquon Barkley AKA the Giants won by the way).

TL;DR- I guess Mic’d Up is dead so we can get some lame countdown of the best players/teams from the last 100 years as well as fresh content about the best Packers/Bears games from the last century.

I won't miss any of the shows. Well...maybe playbook and I occasionally watched power rankings but seeing a list or reading an article more than covers it. The Pick'em show was OK. I didn't hate it. Any of the information conveyed by Pick-em or Power Rankings can be done with a segment on All Access.

Deion Sanders is awful. He is little more than a self promoter that brings little to the table. He is the only personality on the network that actually has me change the channel. So his 21st & Prime show won't be missed.

As far as Mic’d Up, I always thought it was the most intrusive thing done to players. They would either temper what they say or play to the camera and microphone. Any realism is long past.

BTW, while they are cutting shows, they can cut any one of their space filling fantasy shows. It would be OK with me.

They should bring back the 1 hour cut-up of every game played that week. But, they will never do that because they need to try to bleed fans with their over priced Game Pass.

Playbook I'll miss but ESPN has a better show that's very similar with Greg Cosell. Mic'd Up was great years ago but now it's just fun entertainment. It doesn't deserve its own show. Segments within other shows is fine & there's always YouTube. Prime's past his prime; I can do without his glad-handing every player he "interviews". Power Rankings and Pick 'em were both too superficial, off the cuff and biased to provide any real information. Other sites/shows/media give better info with full explanations. I won't miss any of them truthfully. That doesn't mean I'll enjoy what takes their place any more.

Playbook I'll miss but ESPN has a better show that's very similar with Greg Cosell. Mic'd Up was great years ago but now it's just fun entertainment. It doesn't deserve its own show. Segments within other shows is fine & there's always YouTube. Prime's past his prime; I can do without his glad-handing every player he "interviews". Power Rankings and Pick 'em were both too superficial, off the cuff and biased to provide any real information. Other sites/shows/media give better info with full explanations. I won't miss any of them truthfully. That doesn't mean I'll enjoy what takes their place any more.

I'll miss miked up a bit. But not much.

It's finest moment:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TLoZNdd-TLg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ricky has to go to bed every night, with that world class irony forever embedded in his brain.

I enjoyed watching Pats' mic'ed up. Wouldn't sleep over rest of the NFL. That said, Goodell is the worst commissioner ever, even worse than Vince McMahon.

A

20 million dollars? We're talking about 20 Mil?

That sets my bullshit detector off. If you flipped over the couches at 645 Park Ave you'd be able to save at least one of those shows. There are 22 players that will earn more than that this season, including guys like Kyle Fuller and Blake Bortles.

Aaron Rodgers is slated to earn 66.9M this season as the leader of a 3rd place team that finished 6-9-1. I'll stop there but the NFL isn't drowing in red ink.

This league prints money. Fact. Some of the franchises are worth 20 times what they were 15 years ago, so I'm not buying the sudden belt-tightening.

Is Roger embarassed by Mic'd up? Too much profanity? Too much of a peek behind the curtain?

Bad move. It makes them look penny-wise but pound foolish. If you're running that league you make no "I can't afford it" moves whether it technically makes financial sense or not.

That sets my bullshit detector off. If you flipped over the couches at 645 Park Ave you'd be able to save at least one of those shows. There are 22 players that will earn more than that this season, including guys like Kyle Fuller and Blake Bortles.

Aaron Rodgers is slated to earn 66.9M this season as the leader of a 3rd place team that finished 6-9-1. I'll stop there but the NFL isn't drowing in red ink.

This league prints money. Fact. Some of the franchises are worth 20 times what they were 15 years ago, so I'm not buying the sudden belt-tightening.

Is Roger embarassed by Mic'd up? Too much profanity? Too much of a peek behind the curtain?

Bad move. It makes them look penny-wise but pound foolish. If you're running that league you make no "I can't afford it" moves whether it technically makes financial sense or not.

You grasped exactly what I was angling at.

There must have been a huge payout on those sexual harassment cases against the on air personalities.

Marshall Faulk, Eric Davis, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor, and Donovan McNabb all still missing from on air.

Only Michael Iving has been cleared of his hand on her waist without consent claim

There must have been a huge payout on those sexual harassment cases against the on air personalities.

Marshall Faulk, Eric Davis, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor, and Donovan McNabb all still missing from on air.

Only Michael Iving has been cleared of his hand on her waist without consent claim

Got to give him that one. He's a "made" usual suspect.

The NFL could save $40 million per year by punting Goodell out... :coffee:

Back