Going to the Playoff game

anderson

Awfully Cavalier
Reaction score
OK, forgive my stupidity, but a few questions.

I was just looking at stubhub and saw that tickets were on sale in 312 upper sideline for like $120. Are those worthwhile seats? (I know prob not great).

Since the Renaissance Hotel @ Patriots place is sold out, what alternatives are there if I don't want too much hassle? Are taxis available from the other hotels on gameday?

I was just looking at stubhub and saw that tickets were on sale in 312 upper sideline for like $120. Are those worthwhile seats? (I know prob not great).

Since the Renaissance Hotel @ Patriots place is sold out, what alternatives are there if I don't want too much hassle? Are taxis available from the other hotels on gameday?

312 is good but I'd want to be in the first 10 rows or so.

I have never seen many Taxis at the game. If you are driving up, you are probably better off driving and parking in one of the Stadium lots. I tend to park further away and walk up.

312 is good but I'd want to be in the first 10 rows or so.

I have never seen many Taxis at the game. If you are driving up, you are probably better off driving and parking in one of the Stadium lots. I tend to park further away and walk up.

Yeah thinking of trekking up with the Mrs and attending the game. Gonna be a long drive though, so I thought we would drive up on Saturday and sleep somewhere and drive back after the game on Sunday.

Guess I'll see what can be done about those 312 tickets and where they are.

Yeah thinking of trekking up with the Mrs and attending the game. Gonna be a long drive though, so I thought we would drive up on Saturday and sleep somewhere and drive back after the game on Sunday.

My advice is wait a bit on tix. The trend is that they go down during the week. I wouldn't buy on Stub Hub until Wednesday the earliest.

Even for play off games?

Yes.

The prices for the last Pats playoff game, the damn Super Bowl, went way down during the second week. Everyone who bought during the first week and then looked during the second week at the prices -- like me! -- felt pretty dumb about not waiting.

You never know but I am considering going up there, too, and I am not pulling the trigger until Weds or Thurs. And I might go longer than that.

Weather will be a factor, too.

If it's ugly, the price will go down even further.

Yes.

The prices for the last Pats playoff game, the damn Super Bowl, went way down during the second week. Everyone who bought during the first week and then looked during the second week at the prices -- like me! -- felt pretty dumb about not waiting.

You never know but I am considering going up there, too, and I am not pulling the trigger until Weds or Thurs. And I might go longer than that.

Weather will be a factor, too.

If it's ugly, the price will go down even further.

Gotcha. I'm going to see what happens on Wednesday and then make plans. Just take care of hotel first and buy tickets later.

Thanks!

Gotcha. I'm going to see what happens on Wednesday and then make plans. Just take care of hotel first and buy tickets later.

Thanks!

Sure thing.

As to hotels, you could stay somewhere along the way in Rhode Island and then drive up on Sunday morning the rest of the way. No real reason to stay in one of the hotels closer to the Stadium as it's a drive from there to one of the lots either way.

Sure thing.

As to hotels, you could stay somewhere along the way in Rhode Island and then drive up on Sunday morning the rest of the way. No real reason to stay in one of the hotels closer to the Stadium as it's a drive from there to one of the lots either way.

Yeah, but the prices for the hotels in the vicinity of the stadium aren't really expensive, so I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference and would allow me to be more lazy on Sunday.

Yeah, but the prices for the hotels in the vicinity of the stadium aren't really expensive, so I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference and would allow me to be more lazy on Sunday.

Oh, got it. Makes sense.

Definitely wait later for tickets, especially to bigger games like the playoffs. I made the mistake and bought tickets way in advance for the 07 AFC Championship game in NE thinking "people aren't thinking about this game right now, i'll get it while the demand is low." However, usually the exact opposite is true as I found tickets around where the ones I bought at 40% lower. When the Colts didn't make it and the pats did (the only scenario where I was screwed, because if the pats didn't make it, obviously I got my money back) I had to sell em on ebay and made like 60% back on em. Ironically, one of em went to Michigan Dave from this board.

Long range weather looks manageable. Sunny and in 20s.

Thanks!

what's your route? I'd take 81 up to Scranton (or is it Wilkes-Barre?) and catch 84. Done that drive many times and traffic is usually pretty light until you hit Hartford.

look into the foxboro/ mansfield area for lodging, marriott courtyard, Residence inn, Days inn and others are there and it is only a quick ride up rte 140 to to rte 1 to the stadium

what's your route? I'd take 81 up to Scranton (or is it Wilkes-Barre?) and catch 84. Done that drive many times and traffic is usually pretty light until you hit Hartford.

Depends on whether we have to make a stop in Manhattan, so I'm not sure yet.

Don't get upper deck seats unless you REALLY have to. Pay another few bucks and get the lower bowl.

Back