Gronk and not being Targeted

Patriots71

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Reaction score
Website
t.me
I hate conspiracy theories, but...does this seem weird to anyone else? I hate Volin and think he is basically a dolphins fan who writes for the Boston Globe, but he showed this one play where Gronk was wide open over the middle and Brady looked that way, pulled it back and went to a covered guy for a incompletion. Also watching Brady's press conference, they asked Brady something about gronk not being targeted and Brady had this look like he just found out aliens were living in his house. "Wow I didn't know that"

Am I reading too much into this, because I just can't figure out first, why, and second, what does this gain?

I think, understanably, that TFB and the team are terrified of an injury to him at this stage. Brady remembers Welker all too well and what happened and with Jules out, he needs his one banker receiver to go with Lewis on the running side. I think things will be different in the playoffs, Brady will let loose with Gronk, Mitchell and Hogan will be back along with White. And of course you have Dola the monster.

Bottom line, we need Gronk and Lewis to go all the way.

Gronk gets his money, he is All-Pro. If not they reword it and he gets it that way

Non-story

No, I don't think that was the reason, I mean they could have went to him late, but, I am a little perplexed over it. Only time in his career without a target playing that many snaps.

I hate conspiracy theories, but...does this seem weird to anyone else? I hate Volin and think he is basically a dolphins fan who writes for the Boston Globe, but he showed this one play where Gronk was wide open over the middle and Brady looked that way, pulled it back and went to a covered guy for a incompletion. Also watching Brady's press conference, they asked Brady something about gronk not being targeted and Brady had this look like he just found out aliens were living in his house. "Wow I didn't know that"

Am I reading too much into this, because I just can't figure out first, why, and second, what does this gain?

Nah, he just wasn't open. There was no need to force it to him, they had a lead throughout. As you say, he was surprised to hear Gronk wasn't targeted, and indicated he hadn't noticed while the game was going. His statements seemed genuine as well. The Jets doubled him every play, Brady never needed to force anything, so Brady, throwing to the open person, never needed to look his way. Obviously the Jets game plan didn't work, so I wouldn't read too much into it. As has been pointed out it's probably for the best, keep him healthy going into the playoffs as much as possible.

As to the "wide open" thing, what Brady sees is different from what we see. He's looking at the end of the route the guy is running, where the ball will need to be thrown to actually put it in a spot the receiver will be able to catch. He's comparing that spot to the current spots of both the receivers and defensive players and seeing who, if he throws it, can actually get to the ball at that time, not right now, since the ball doesn't travel instantly. It's not a perfect process (see last week's pick) but the point being, if they're wide open when he's looking at them, he already missed them and should have thrown it like a second ago. In Gronk's case, again he was doubled all the time, I guarantee when Brady looked at it the reason he pulled back was Gronk was running Into coverage, making it a 50/50 ball. Meanwhile the receiver he actually threw to, if the guy is running a solid route, it can be put in a spot where only he has a chance on it. Even if the guy doesn't get it, it's a completion or incompletion, whereas the throw to Gronk is a completion or a pick. Emphasizing ball security and better decision making right now, and with no catch being a guarantee due to the weather, is it really that surprising he elected not to make that throw?

No, I don't think that was the reason, I mean they could have went to him late, but, I am a little perplexed over it. Only time in his career without a target playing that many snaps.

He was constantly double teamed and Brady wasn't forcing anything. He's a huge part of the offense and he's needed in the playoffs, so it's in the team's best interest to keep him whole. He also spent most of the second half on the sidelines. I don't understand what's so crazy or considered a conspiracy out of this.

He was constantly double teamed and Brady wasn't forcing anything. He's a huge part of the offense and he's needed in the playoffs, so it's in the team's best interest to keep him whole. He also spent most of the second half on the sidelines. I don't understand what's so crazy or considered a conspiracy out of this.

Seemed like he was forcing to receivers that have barely been thrown to instead. Anyway, was just odd.

Didn't Gronk miss a practice during the week due to sickness?

He was just out there as a decoy.

BB was only using him to block. Vaniila offense gameplan was just feed Lewis the ball. he delivered big time

I highlighted that key word in your post. Just in case they have an opening as a guest on sports talk radio.

Back