Gronk not happy

Here's a video of Amendola getting punched:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pmUBx2HtN0Y" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As far as the Gronk situation, my feelings on the situation are as follows: it was a cheap shot and on its face a suspension doesn't seem unfair. With that said, I understand Gronk's frustration surrounding the situation. That doesn't condone his behavior, however.

With all that said, when you put his 1-game suspension in the context of other penalties for similar transgressions (and his lack of any history of this type of thing) it seems heavy-handed.

McCain received a $9,115 fine for his above punch. No suspension, just a negligible fine.
Didn't watch the video yet.....but what happened before the punch? I'm not defending the punch......but gronks hit was worse.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

The problem I have with it is that it is so transparent. It's so obviously an attempt by the league to make some desperate attempt to screw the Pats that's pretty much laughable. I guess they missed the part about the Pats winning a Super Bowl last year without Gronk? :shrug_n:

Please....it's so far from the ridiculous conspiracy theories. It was a dirty hit, on a defenseless player, out of bounds who supposedly suffered a concussion.

I don't approve of Gronk's actions, I'm just heartily sick and tired of the double standard when applied to the Pats. Some idiot said Gronk is the dirtiest athlete in the NFL. Guess he never saw Suh or Burfict at work. :shrug_n:

As am aside, I do like Dola's spiky attitude this season. He's not taking any c**p from DBs. Classic Patriots next man up. Edelman and his F.U attitude out, Dola gladly steps in.

I predict the Pats game in Pittsburgh is going to be a dirty one. And the Pats offensive players won't take a backwards step.

Please....it's so far from the ridiculous conspiracy theories. It was a dirty hit, on a defenseless player, out of bounds who supposedly suffered a concussion.

When JuJu gets suspended for his hit on Burfict I'll agree with you. When Suh or Alonso or Burfict get suspended for the next glaring cheap shot they dish out I'll agree with you.

Not until...

Has anyone mentioned the shuster Smith hit last night? I think that was just as bad if not worse than gronks. He laughed and hit berfict in the chin and then stood over him taunting him. Then mentioned it this morning on nfl network for 2 seconds then said of but he issued and apology so no biggy
They're both very similar in the sense that the person being hit really didn't have a way to defend themselves. I'd say the actual Gronk hit was worse because it obviously wasn't a football play where JuJu's was just an illegal block.

It becomes a wash in my mind when you factor in the taunting. That's such a bad look it makes it hard to defend the intentions (much like the Gronk hit.)

If I was in charge of punishments, they'd be very similar. We'll see.

Ridiculous, just heard Gronk is going to appeal. It was a dirty late hit, man up and play against the Steelers the following week. asshat

Has anyone mentioned the shuster Smith hit last night? I think that was just as bad if not worse than gronks. He laughed and hit berfict in the chin and then stood over him taunting him. Then mentioned it this morning on nfl network for 2 seconds then said of but he issued and apology so no biggy
Are you kidding me?!?!? That Block was spot on. I don't like the taunting but I give the kid a break for taunting that asswipe Berfict.

As am aside, I do like Dola's spiky attitude this season. He's not taking any c**p from DBs. Classic Patriots next man up. Edelman and his F.U attitude out, Dola gladly steps in.

I predict the Pats game in Pittsburgh is going to be a dirty one. And the Pats offensive players won't take a backwards step.
every punt he is helmet to helmet with guys whose numbers are in the 20's and 30's - I suggest that helped the Dirty Dolphin to lose it and punch a helmet.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Ridiculous, just heard Gronk is going to appeal. It was a dirty late hit, man up and play against the Steelers the following week. asshat
close to $300,000 lost, you appeal that to try to not lose the money

nothing more than that

Mikie, you're not allowed to contact the neck or head on those kind of blocks. They changed that rule when Hines Ward broke that guys jaw.

Hit was illegal. The taunting afterwards killed the benefit of the doubt I might have given him.

Mikie, you're not allowed to contact the neck or head on those kind of blocks. They changed that rule when Hines Ward broke that guys jaw.

Hit was illegal. The taunting afterwards killed the benefit of the doubt I might have given him.
He hit him in the chest and rode up, that was a thing of beauty. It is not JuJu's fault Berfict is half a sissy and cant take a hit.

I loved that Ward hit to, I believe it was to a Raven..... and now I wonder what happened to Jaric, I thought you hated the three teams involved in this post.

I think you're letting your dislike of Burfict cloud your judgement.

It's a peelback block with contact to the head and neck. Textbook illegal hit followed by textbook taunting.

I will concede the taunting, I liked the block, I cant blame JuJu, that was beautiful.

If only he left his feet and bounced on him slamming him into the turf.... then I would have needed alone time.

9f6bdd4ba1e27f1f7bfd2c524c017242.jpg

I don't see that it's a head shot? Maybe there's something illegal about it but I'm thinking solid hit. He lays the shoulder on him.
Taunting was not necessary however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9f6bdd4ba1e27f1f7bfd2c524c017242.jpg

I don't see that it's a head shot? Maybe there's something illegal about it but I'm thinking solid hit. He lays the shoulder on him.
Taunting was not necessary however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That MAY not be Burfect.

I watched the whole game. He had another blowup block later in the game after the Burfect hit.

Anyways, I thought the hits were both legal. Initial contact to the shoulder/chest area that rode to helmet contact incidentally. Neither hit was flagged. The taunts were.

Kid blocks hard.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

His helmet contacts the head and neck. You can do that on a heads-up block, but not a peelback situation. Easy call for the refs.

Zoom in on that.

That’s shoulder to chest. Anything subsequent is irrelevant.

It wasn’t flagged.

That MAY not be Burfect.

I watched the whole game. He had another blowup block later in the game after the Burfect hit.

Anyways, I thought the hits were both legal. Initial contact to the shoulder/chest area that rode to helmet contact incidentally. Neither hit was flagged. The taunts were.

Kid blocks hard.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Zoom in on that.

It wasn’t flagged.

That's the hit on Burfict. He definitely hit helmet to helmet before the shoulder made contact.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fOfIObhGMe0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That MAY not be Burfect.

Kid blocks hard.

Zoom in on that.

It wasn’t flagged.
Shuster got 2 flags on the hit to Burfect, illegal hit and taunting. The Bengals declined the illegal hit and accepted the taunting penalty.

That's the hit on Burfict. He definitely hit helmet to helmet before the shoulder made contact.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fOfIObhGMe0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just watched your link 3 times.

We’ll just agree to disagree.:toast:

His helmet is touching his neck and facemask. Looking at it in realtime and at game-speed they're going to call that if it's a peelback block. Easy call.

His helmet contacts the head and neck. You can do that on a heads-up block, but not a peelback situation. Easy call for the refs.

I'm surprised but there is a lot of talk on social media from journalists and other media outlets that JuJu should face suspension for the hit.

Of course there are plenty of idiots out there proclaiming that Gronk's hit was far worse and that Burfict deserved it (I'd agree on the latter for sure, but it doesn't make it right).

Now we wait.

Back