Happy Treasonous Colonials Day!

gomezcat

Sniffing Ms Cat's knickers
Reaction score
Website
gomezcat.blogspot.com
Some thoughts for you:

- Cricket is better than Baseball.
- Driving on the left is the correct thing to do.
- Bread tastes much nicer when it doesn't have loads of artificial sweetener.
- Er, that's it.

Have a good day, firing fireworks, shouting "USA! USA! USA!" and stuff.

God Save the Queen. :dbanana:

Some thoughts for you:

- Cricket is better than Baseball.
- Driving on the left is the correct thing to do.
- Bread tastes much nicer when it doesn't have loads of artificial sweetener.
- Er, that's it.

Have a good day, firing fireworks, shouting "USA! USA! USA!" and stuff.

God Save the Queen. :dbanana:

:party:

:toast:

(agree on the bread part)

Yeah. On our last trip to NYC, we bought cheap bread to make a cheap lunch and really noticed it.

We're lined up to go to NYC and then Charlotte this November. Can't wait! We will do a pilgrimage to Foxboro, but it will be easier to get tix, post Brady, I reckon.

I hope you guys have a great day!

Happy 4th of July to those across the pond, I myself am lined up to head out there in August to Tampa, which I'm so hyped for, might even take in a Bucs pre-season game if tix are decent price, though given it's against the Browns I might give it a miss as watching so much suck in one place may cause problems

Happy 4th of July to those across the pond, I myself am lined up to head out there in August to Tampa, which I'm so hyped for, might even take in a Bucs pre-season game if tix are decent price, though given it's against the Browns I might give it a miss as watching so much suck in one place may cause problems

Not sure if Tampa is the best representative of the USA at it's finest, but take what you can get (and prepare to sweat in August).

From what I've heard about the crowds during the Edinburgh festival, it sounds like a good time to go abroad. That and going before the Pound tanks even further.

Yeah. On our last trip to NYC, we bought cheap bread to make a cheap lunch and really noticed it.

We're lined up to go to NYC and then Charlotte this November. Can't wait! We will do a pilgrimage to Foxboro, but it will be easier to get tix, post Brady, I reckon.

I hope you guys have a great day!

Don't judge us on our $hitty mass produced bread, beer and processed cheese. For those who care, much better versions are available. Next time in NYC, make your sandwiches on some of their kick-a$$ local bagels or deli rye/pumpernickel.

And there's a reason cricket hasn't spread beyond Commonwealth countries, it seems effete and fvcking incomprehensible.

Don't judge us on our $hitty mass produced bread, beer and processed cheese. For those who care, much better versions are available. Next time in NYC, make your sandwiches on some of their kick-a$$ local bagels or deli rye/pumpernickel.

And there's a reason cricket hasn't spread beyond Commonwealth countries, it seems effete and fvcking incomprehensible.

All joking aside, we found some fabulous places to eat reasonably cheaply last time. US beer gets a bad rep, but there's some great stuff out there . Re cricket, it's fair to say it's a minority interest here. I am a fan but plenty aren't. It is complicated but no more so than (American) Football. I've given up trying to explain it.

Don't worry it's been POlitical connected . No one calls its Independence Day anymore. It's now called in 4th of July

All joking aside, we found some fabulous places to eat reasonably cheaply last time. US beer gets a bad rep, but there's some great stuff out there . Re cricket, it's fair to say it's a minority interest here. I am a fan but plenty aren't. It is complicated but no more so than (American) Football. I've given up trying to explain it.

Probably the UK gets a bad rep for bad food too. Know there's some killer sausages and beer, quality fried fish and probably lots of great Indian restaurants. And, I love those flaming Christmas puddings. America's strong suit is probably all the regional barbecue and now the microbrew beers.

Probably the UK gets a bad rep for bad food too. Know there's some killer sausages and beer, quality fried fish and probably lots of great Indian restaurants. And, I love those flaming Christmas puddings. America's strong suit is probably all the regional barbecue and now the microbrew beers.

Good point about our food. It's loads better than it was when I was growing up in the 80s. Re: BBQ - our friends have told us there are lots of good places in Charlotte (we will be there for Thanksgiving, which I am particularly looking forward to). It will be our first time South of the Mason-Dixon line. We also hope to take in a high school game.

Good point about our food. It's loads better than it was when I was growing up in the 80s. Re: BBQ - our friends have told us there are lots of good places in Charlotte (we will be there for Thanksgiving, which I am particularly looking forward to). It will be our first time South of the Mason-Dixon line. We also hope to take in a high school game.

North Carolina is known for their barbecue. I lived in Kansas City for a while and there are lots of good places there, but it's a different style than NC, and I think Texas is a bit different than both of them.

Unfortunately, you can't get really good BBQ in New England.

:mad:

There are individual places in NE that do outstanding BBQ. The Horseshoe in North Reading comes to mind.

There definitely could be some out there, though the ones I've tried aren't terrible (I like barbecue), but there not in the same league as the top stuff in the south, Kansas City, Texas. Probably, it's very hard to find seafood places there that compete with our best.

There definitely could be some out there, though the ones I've tried aren't terrible (I like barbecue), but there not in the same league as the top stuff in the south, Kansas City, Texas. Probably, it's very hard to find seafood places there that compete with our best.

Shockingly enough, it's hard to find seafood places in Maryland that compete with the best in New England. I mean, we only have Baltimore, Annapolis, and the Chesapeake Bay...so I get it...:huh:

There's a couple good ones, but FAR fewer than you might expect.

Shockingly enough, it's hard to find seafood places in Maryland that compete with the best in New England. I mean, we only have Baltimore, Annapolis, and the Chesapeake Bay...so I get it...:huh:

There's a couple good ones, but FAR fewer than you might expect.

Different experience though. I was down there in June and was at a party with Maryland Crab, which basically seem to be small steamed crabs covered in Old Bay seasoning.

Not bad tasting, but far too much work for the amount of meat you get compared to lobster.

Used to date a fish and chips loving British girl. "Your plaice or mine?" :spock:

Cheers, BostonTim

Back