Heres what steeler fans think about Pats fans.....

OchoCinco85 on 11-29-2007 at 09:00 AM said:
Someone fill me in on why the Broncos are being brought up as cheaters??? I didnt hear anything about that, or maybe I did, I dont remember...... The steelers I know about, thats a given there, as well as the chargers!!!

They were found to have salary cap violations during their SB years and were fined a 3rd round pick.

Broncos fined, lose draft pick over salary cap violation
Sept. 16, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- The Denver Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose their third-round pick in next year's NFL Draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996-98.

The penalties were levied Thursday following an agreement involving the league, its union and the team.

The violations included agreements between the team and several players to defer salary payments with interest and an agreement not to waive a player before a certain date. Both raised issues with accounting for the salary cap.

In addition to the penalties against the team, the NFL said an agent for a former player agreed to donate $100,000 to charity. Neither the agent nor the player was identified.

Undertaker #59* on 11-29-2007 at 08:15 AM said:
They were found to have salary cap violations during their SB years and were fined a 3rd round pick.

Broncos fined, lose draft pick over salary cap violation
Sept. 16, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- The Denver Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose their third-round pick in next year's NFL Draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996-98.

The penalties were levied Thursday following an agreement involving the league, its union and the team.

The violations included agreements between the team and several players to defer salary payments with interest and an agreement not to waive a player before a certain date. Both raised issues with accounting for the salary cap.

In addition to the penalties against the team, the NFL said an agent for a former player agreed to donate $100,000 to charity. Neither the agent nor the player was identified.

Ahhhh thanks UT!!! I dont remember hearing about that...... hmmmmmm

JD10367 on 11-28-2007 at 02:43 PM said:
If I actually gave a sh*t what Steeler fans think of Pats fans, then I would click on that link.
Bingo bingo bingo bingo

The most I would do is read a few excerpted quotes if someone pasted them into a thread here.

But who gives a rats ass about the complaints of any oppposing fans?

- Running it up

- BB a meany

- Not as good as the record

- Not a great running game

- Old LBers

- Cheaters

Blah, blah, blah....is there anything we could read anywhere that is new or that we should care about?

I'm so bored with the hating opposing fans/national media angle.

BoltsOwnU on 11-28-2007 at 10:18 PM said:
However, again, let BOU reiterate, the BOLTS do not cheat as an organization. The Patriots, Steelers, and Broncos do/did. As much as you want to try to lump us in with you, you can't.
Warning: I'm breaking my own rules here.....

Maybe, just maybe, the willingness of the Pats, Steelers and Broncos to bend the rules and take advantage of every opportunity to win is a part of the reason why they have won SBs and the Chargers haven't. Not the fruits of the rules bending or breaking, but the explore every angle attitude.

I'd rather have a coach who tirelessly looks for every advantage, and who is willing to step over the line by, say, taping defensive coaches from the sideline as opposed to the first row of the stands, or skirt the salary cap just a bit, than coaches like the mind numbingly inept (at least in the playoffs) Marty Schottenheimer or the mind numbingly stupid Norv Turner.

And let's be crystal clear. All you really know is that your chargers have never been caught doing anything as awful as "cheating."

And, as note above, now I've broken my own rule about talking with fans who are on a soap box or who seriously think that what the Pats did means ANYTHING. But I tend to like you as a poster notwithstanding your occasional idiocy -- like this situation -- and what I wrote above has been rattling around my brain for a few weeks.

Last, when I drive 70, am a "law breaker".....the Pats broke a rule and you gleefully call them "cheaters" but you don't use similar terms with yourself when you bend the rules in other areas.

Eh, enough of this already.

Does anyone else find it incredibly stupid to feel the need to defend the actions of another?

Why do we feel it necessary to defend those that do stupid things because we are a fanatic (fan for short) of their team?

I have friends that have taken drugs, many that are worse than any steroid or performance enhancer. I have friends who have cheated on their wife, and or been with a married woman. Are they still my friends? Yes they are. Were they incredibly stupid? Damn straight they were. Was my forgiveness necessary to sustain the friendship? Not really, but if they needed it they certainly had it.

My point is that we are all imperfect and have done incredibly stupid things in our life. Just as my friend's mistakes don't affect my reputation, or leave a stain on me, by being their friend, I find it just stupid to attack another fan because their team did something wrong or a player or coach did something stupid. How in the world can anyone be responsible for another actions? Why should I feel like my reputation has been affected by the acts of the New England Patriots, and who the hell is stupid enough to presume it has? I'm just a fan and have no control over what the Patriots decide to do. I therefore refuse to feel like my teams reputation is my reputation. So why do we feel the need to attack and defend our teams actions so vigorously? We all love our teams, but really, we probably need to separate ourselves from the team a little bit, otherwise the attacks become way to personal.

It's just not going to get us anywhere but hating each other more.

End rant.

BoltsOwnU on 11-28-2007 at 06:08 PM said:
Relax, everyone cheats. Oh wait, no, only the Steelers, Cheatriots, and Broncos. :D

Yeah, and then there's that team that introduced steroids to the league, with an OLB who tested positive for steroids recently... what's that team again? I hear they have a dumbass for a head coach, and their QB's name is... Stream? Creek? Tributary? What's it called, one of those things with the water flowing... Pittsburgh has 3 of them... God, I wish I could remember that guy's name and what team he plays for.

:thumb:

OchoCinco85 on 11-28-2007 at 05:39 PM said:
I think the same goes for what I said about the steelers pats game..... I hope Polamalu and Holmes are out there on sunday so there will be no excuses when the bengals beat your girls SF87!!!!!:thumb:

Actually if sunday plays out correctly the bengals will prolly win considering the other team wins at the others house the last few years.......

I guess brooms would be nicer than your idiots spitting on our players!!!

So let me get this straight, you're fully admitting that the Steelers are going to sweep the Bungles this year, but your last shred of hope for this season is that another team will beat the Steelers?
Man, where's your confidence? No smack talk? Don't tell me your color TV broke, just like Chad's.
:D :thumb:

SteelerFan87 on 11-29-2007 at 10:10 AM said:
Yeah, and then there's that team that introduced steroids to the league, with an OLB who tested positive for steroids recently... what's that team again? I hear they have a dumbass for a head coach, and their QB's name is... Stream? Creek? Tributary? What's it called, one of those things with the water flowing... Pittsburgh has 3 of them... God, I wish I could remember that guy's name and what team he plays for.

So let me get this straight, you're fully admitting that the Steelers are going to sweep the Bungles this year, but your last shred of hope for this season is that another team will beat the Steelers?
Man, where's your confidence? No smack talk? Don't tell me your color TV broke, just like Chad's.
:D :thumb:

Thats not at all what I said, I said I want the Steelers to be at full strength(Polamalu, Holmes, whoever else) so there are no excuses WHEN THE BENGALS WIN!!!!!

I also want the steelers full strength when they play the pats also, so there will be again no excuses as to why the pats smoked your girls(which they will by the way)

Since the steeler fans have a penchant for making excuses as to why they lose, I want everyone on board for both games!!!!:thumb:

OchoCinco85 on 11-29-2007 at 11:23 AM said:
Thats not at all what I said, I said I want the Steelers to be at full strength(Polamalu, Holmes, whoever else) so there are no excuses WHEN THE BENGALS WIN!!!!!

I also want the steelers full strength when they play the pats also, so there will be again no excuses as to why the pats smoked your girls(which they will by the way)

Since the steeler fans have a penchant for making excuses as to why they lose, I want everyone on board for both games!!!!:thumb:

Yeah, as opposed to the excuse Bengals fans often use of "Waa! Carson Palmer got hurt! So that's why we collapsed and gave up 2 10 point leads with a very good backup QB in Kitna!"

Don't worry. Like I said, we'll have the brooms ready Sunday. Hey, maybe Chad will FINALLY get a TD against us?
:D

SteelerFan87 on 11-29-2007 at 10:30 AM said:
Yeah, as opposed to the excuse Bengals fans often use of "Waa! Carson Palmer got hurt! So that's why we collapsed and gave up 2 10 point leads with a very good backup QB in Kitna!"

Don't worry. Like I said, we'll have the brooms ready Sunday. Hey, maybe Chad will FINALLY get a TD against us?

Thats cool get your brooms, just make sure none of your fans spit on any players.....Which speaking of which just to prove how steeler fans are hypocrites as well, after reading on some of the "stiller" sites and finding some posters trashing Sean Taylor for spitting on another player, pot calling the kettle black when a steeler fan gets caught spitting on a seahawks player.....Right on!!!!:cool:

SteelerFan87 on 11-29-2007 at 10:30 AM said:

It was a cheap shot by Kimo Vonkneesnapper, but Im over it now, dont care to talk about it anymore!!!

This has been fun. Watching some of you grope around to refute the inescapable truth of BOU's posts has been like watching a bunch of blindfolded retards go after a pinata with whiffle ball bats.

Nevertheless, BOU doesn't actually discount the Pats, Steelers, or Donks accomplishments. He just won't accept innappropriate comparisons or justifications for their organizational misconduct. Trying to liken it to other teams as BOU has seen in this thread is pitiful.

PS: Threadkiller, just how were we supposed to know to cut Kiel and Foley before they ever acted up???? Your point makes no sense at all unless the Chargers FO should be quicker to discover things than the DEA or can otherwise see the future (BOU wishes they could do that though, our D would be a lot better).

BoltsOwnU on 11-29-2007 at 01:34 PM said:
(BOU wishes they could do that though, our D would be a lot better).

not to be argumentative, but wasnt your defense better with the convicts in regards to this year?

LVent* on 11-29-2007 at 10:54 AM said:
not to be argumentative, but wasnt your defense better with the convicts in regards to this year?

That's hardly argumentative. Our defense was better with Wade Phillips. Foley didn't play a snap last season and Kiel was riding pine most of the season.

Maybe good ol' Ted Cotrell will get in a gun fight, or stomp on a player's head in a midfield brawl, or something. BOU wants him gone yesterday unless he starts adapting his schemes to the strengths of our personnel.

BoltsOwnU on 11-29-2007 at 01:34 PM said:
This has been fun. Watching some of you grope around to refute the inescapable truth of BOU's posts has been like watching a bunch of blindfolded retards go after a pinata with whiffle ball bats.

Nevertheless, BOU doesn't actually discount the Pats, Steelers, or Donks accomplishments. He just won't accept innappropriate comparisons or justifications for their organizational misconduct. Trying to liken it to other teams as BOU has seen in this thread is pitiful.

But it's ok to liken those teams to the Chargers right? Considering the Bolts' long history of steroid use?

I think the bengals are gonna upset the steelers in this one..the steelers have been pretty poor there last few games,plus the bengals have just come off a big win against the titans

Hawg73 on 11-28-2007 at 02:37 PM said:
[moronic post quote]

As for the Patriots, is there a more boring team in the league? Dink - Dank - Dunk all game long. Five yards a clip. Brady's not a great QB. He's an efficient system QB, that's all! He'd suck in any other system.

[/end moronic post quote]

Do we need to read any more?

Please tell me I don't.

Those kids need to go outside and clap some erasers or something.

LMFAO Irony

And Brady has proved (this year especially) it isn't true about him. ROFL :LOL: ROFL

BoltsOwnU on 11-29-2007 at 01:59 PM said:
That's hardly argumentative. Our defense was better with Wade Phillips. Foley didn't play a snap last season and Kiel was riding pine most of the season.

Maybe good ol' Ted Cotrell will get in a gun fight, or stomp on a player's head in a midfield brawl, or something. BOU wants him gone yesterday unless he starts adapting his schemes to the strengths of our personnel.

fair enough i didnt watch much bolt football until the flexing etc...

SteelerFan87 on 11-29-2007 at 11:03 AM said:
But it's ok to liken those teams to the Chargers right? Considering the Bolts' long history of steroid use?

Actually no. But feel free to continually display that you just don't get it. LOL though at "Long history".

Oh yes, and just to add this: :thumb:

So like you, BOU can pretend like his point is self-affirming when its just wrong across the board.

BoltsOwnU on 11-28-2007 at 06:19 PM said:
Why is that cute? We're one game up in a suck ass division. We're almost as much of a lock as the Pats in a perverse way. Still, BOU is not here to preach Bolt dominance. Just tell it like it is.

And, to reiterate, Pats, Squeelers, and Bronocs, cheat.:D
BTW, you left out that they also have Lombardi trophies.

:)

Back