Hernandez returns to practice...

We don't know the severity of his ankle sprain. It started out as a high ankle sprain which has a 4-5 weeks recovery. Now media is reporting a low ankle sprain. Who knows at this point.

If he can play, let him play. At this point I'm thinking this is more of a BB smokescreen though.

We don't know the severity of his ankle sprain. It started out as a high ankle sprain which has a 4-5 weeks recovery. Now media is reporting a low ankle sprain. Who knows at this point.

If he can play, let him play. At this point I'm thinking this is more of a BB smokescreen though.

If you were smoke screening, wouldnt you make it seem like he is not going to play and then he plays? It would really do nothing but help them to think he is playing and he does not play, that just makes it easier on them.

He came out of the locker room with helmet and PADS today. I'm thinking he's much better than initially reported.

If you were smoke screening, wouldnt you make it seem like he is not going to play and then he plays? It would really do nothing but help them to think he is playing and he does not play, that just makes it easier on them.

Not true.

Coaches have to spend time breaking down film on him. They have to conceive of how they will defend him. They will have to develop a game plan to implement that concept. They will have to have the players learn and practice that part of the game plan.

Any time they spend doing that, is time they are not spending working on the WR's, Gronk, the running game, etc.

He came out of the locker room with helmet and PADS today. I'm thinking he's much better than initially reported.

Hey if he can play, then let him play....I cannot remember anytime in the past that the Patriots have ever rushed a guy back....Gronk is the SB was because its the superbowl....AS I said, if they are taking a chance by putting him in practice than obviously his ankle is not as bad as people thought.

Not true.

Coaches have to spend time breaking down film on him. They have to conceive of how they will defend him. They will have to develop a game plan to implement that concept. They will have to have the players learn and practice that part of the game plan.

Any time they spend doing that, is time they are not spending working on the WR's, Gronk, the running game, etc.

But he did practice, why would you take a chance on hurting a guy further by making him practice in order to get a very slight edge if at all by making them look at Ahern footage for a team that played you twice last year anyway?

But he did practice, why would you take a chance on hurting a guy further by making him practice in order to get a very slight edge if at all by making them look at Ahern footage for a team that played you twice last year anyway?

First of all, I was responding to a very specific question: What advantage could the Pats obtain by having Hernandez participate in practice.

I described that, and it goes beyond merely having the coaches watch film. There are 144 hours between Monday and Saturday, an if you get the opposing team to waste any of that time, it can be a benefit.

Period.

Second, regarding the risk of further injury, what exactly did Hernandez do in practice?

We don't know.

The press is only present for a limited time during any practice. If Hernandez is listed as "limited" in practice, then that could mean he simply showed up for practice and didn't do anything.

So it is certainly possible that all he did was dress, show up, and watch.

How is that any more of a risk than him walking around the stadium getting treatment?

First of all, I was responding to a very specific question: What advantage could the Pats obtain by having Hernandez participate in practice.

I described that, and it goes beyond merely having the coaches watch film. There are 144 hours between Monday and Saturday, an if you get the opposing team to waste any of that time, it can be a benefit.

Period.

Second, regarding the risk of further injury, what exactly did Hernandez do in practice?

We don't know.

The press is only present for a limited time during any practice. If Hernandez is listed as "limited" in practice, then that could mean he simply showed up for practice and didn't do anything.

So it is certainly possible that all he did was dress, show up, and watch.

How is that any more of a risk than him walking around the stadium getting treatment?

Man...if he plays Sunday, I am just going to come back here and respond to this post with a single coffee guy....thanks for the lecture, I will have my opinion and you can have yours. I will go on a limb and say you know as much about how healthy he is as I do....I will also say, that Denver would spend time watching Ahern video if BB came out and say his leg got cut off...here is a shocker for you....nobody trusts the Patriots injury reports, so as long as they did not rule him out, they are going to watch film on him....so nobody is being tricked here.

Ok. It's great news that he practiced yesterday and the ankle didn't swell allowing him to practice today. This sounds pretty good for him playing on Sunday afternoon.

Ok. It's great news that he practiced yesterday and the ankle didn't swell allowing him to practice today. This sounds pretty good for him playing on Sunday afternoon.

It is good news...never hurts to have a guy of his talent playing.

I know many Pat's fans that were swollen when they learned he practiced yesterday.

Man...if he plays Sunday, I am just going to come back here and respond to this post with a single coffee guy....thanks for the lecture, I will have my opinion and you can have yours. I will go on a limb and say you know as much about how healthy he is as I do....I will also say, that Denver would spend time watching Ahern video if BB came out and say his leg got cut off...here is a shocker for you....nobody trusts the Patriots injury reports, so as long as they did not rule him out, they are going to watch film on him....so nobody is being tricked here.

Uh, where did I say how healthy he was?

You claimed there could be no advantage bestowed on the Patriots for them raising the possibility of him playing Sunday.

You're wrong. Period.

If you think that they coaches, players, game plan, practice, etc. is the same if he has not practiced since the injury than if he has, you don't understand how a team prepares for a game.

It isn't simply watching film. First some grunt has to break down film and prepare a Hernandez package. Then a coach has to watch it, then a coach has to consider what schemes the defense will deploy to defend against it. Then that has to be put into the game plan. Then that has to be taught to the players and they have to learn it and practice it.

Then the players have to watch the film on him.

Every minute spent doing that these people are not doing something to defend against the RB's, Llyod, Welker, Gronk, etc.

If Hernandez doesn't play, that's time wasted.

There is no way the same level of effort is made on a player who was injured a few weeks ago and hasn't played or practiced.

The second point you raised was the risk of further injury by Hernandez being at practice.

I repeat, none of us know what he did or didn't do at practice because except for a short period of time, they are closed to the press.

It is certainly possible that BB brought out Hernandez to simply let the press see him and make Denver think about if he's playing or not and what they should do to prepare against him.

That's BB's style. He'll do anything that will give him a slight edge, and playing with the heads of Denver and possibly make them waste time would certainly fall in that category.

Could Hernandez be healthy enough to play Sunday?

Sure, because none of us know how healthy he is or isn't.

Uh, where did I say how healthy he was?

You claimed there could be no advantage bestowed on the Patriots for them raising the possibility of him playing Sunday.

You're wrong. Period.

If you think that they coaches, players, game plan, practice, etc. is the same if he has not practiced since the injury than if he has, you don't understand how a team prepares for a game.

It isn't simply watching film. First some grunt has to break down film and prepare a Hernandez package. Then a coach has to watch it, then a coach has to consider what schemes the defense will deploy to defend against it. Then that has to be put into the game plan. Then that has to be taught to the players and they have to learn it and practice it.

Then the players have to watch the film on him.

Every minute spent doing that these people are not doing something to defend against the RB's, Llyod, Welker, Gronk, etc.

If Hernandez doesn't play, that's time wasted.

There is no way the same level of effort is made on a player who was injured a few weeks ago and hasn't played or practiced.

The second point you raised was the risk of further injury by Hernandez being at practice.

I repeat, none of us know what he did or didn't do at practice because except for a short period of time, they are closed to the press.

It is certainly possible that BB brought out Hernandez to simply let the press see him and make Denver think about if he's playing or not and what they should do to prepare against him.

That's BB's style. He'll do anything that will give him a slight edge, and playing with the heads of Denver and possibly make them waste time would certainly fall in that category.

Could Hernandez be healthy enough to play Sunday?

Sure, because none of us know how healthy he is or isn't.

ROFL, I did not say anything about an advantage either way....If it was so important, hell just say the entire team is hurt every week, that way they could not plan for anyone...I have seen plenty of players held of practice...the fact that he was not, is a sign that he is better....if he wasn't he would flat out not be at practice...I think this is what everyone is saying, including me...If we win or lose sunday it will not be because the Bronco's watched anymore or less film on Hernandez. Oh and guess what....you have no earthly idea what Denver looks at and does not look at, so lets stop pretending that you do.

ROFL, I did not say anything about an advantage either way....If it was so important, hell just say the entire team is hurt every week, that way they could not plan for anyone...I have seen plenty of players held of practice...the fact that he was not, is a sign that he is better....if he wasn't he would flat out not be at practice...I think this is what everyone is saying, including me...If we win or lose sunday it will not be because the Bronco's watched anymore or less film on Hernandez. Oh and guess what....you have no earthly idea what Denver looks at and does not look at, so lets stop pretending that you do.
All I know is...

Manning>Brady

:coffee:

Back