Hey Wakefield...how can we miss you when you won't go away?

sonsofkraftybob

Mmmmmm, feet! Nom, Nom, Nom.
Reaction score
Great seats last night, night out with the wife, no kids, We have 4 Fenway Franks, 4 beers and big ole bag-o-peanuts. Just settle down into our seats and WHAM, BAM, THANKYOU MA'AM, it's 6 f'n nothin top of the 1st with 1 out.

Tim Wakefield, please, if you haven't taken Okajima and Matsuzaka's advise/tips on the proper way to committ Hari Kari by slicing open your stomach and letting all your intestines fall on the floor in front of you, just hold a presser and tell everyone that you are an anchor to this team who is incapeable of pitching to major, minor, peewee, baaberuth league, farm league and little league. Cuz you f'n suck muy mal my friend. Retire. Go off into the sunset. Never come back...not even for the old timers games which you should have been a 3 year veteran of by now.

Just go.

Away.

Forever.

and ever.:4321:

15 more wins and he passes ROIDger Clemens on the Sox all time win list. Suck it up and live with his mediocrity a little longer. Besides...he's also running away with the Sox lead for most losses all time. A feat that will most likely never be broken at this point.

In all seriousness, I love Wake for all he's ever done as a Sox player. And being he's been around the longest, there is a little bit of nostalgia that exists. But I do think his time has come.

15 more wins and he passes ROIDger Clemens on the Sox all time win list. Suck it up and live with his mediocrity a little longer. Besides...he's also running away with the Sox lead for most losses all time. A feat that will most likely never be broken at this point.

In all seriousness, I love Wake for all he's ever done as a Sox player. And being he's been around the longest, there is a little bit of nostalgia that exists. But I do think his time has come.
At this rate that could take another decade :doh:

pg2-mem-front-harris.jpg

I do not hate Tim Wakefield by any means. Been a fine asset to the club in the grand scheme of things. When he's not being pummeled in the first 2 innings of the game, you can usually get in and out in under 3 hours.

That being said, I cannot WAIT for the time to come where Tim Wakefield is not a member of the Boston Red Sox 25-man roster. Every inning he pitches is apt to be the inning where he gets completely blown up - even if he's pitching a 1-hitter through 4. It's not entertaining.

I was seriously thinking about going up to Boston for the weekend and catching at least two games, including the one last night.

I am seriously happy that I did not do that.

What a shit show.

I was seriously thinking about going up to Boston for the weekend and catching at least two games, including the one last night.

I am seriously happy that I did not do that.

What a shit show.

Get
Used
To
It

They arent going to get any FA's

Meant to say they wont be making any moves to improve the team. What you see is what you got.
I agree but what team will get a boost equivalent to Jacoby, Pedrioa, Victor, Hermedia, MDC, Beckett and Buchholz in the period of time from late July to early August

I agree but what team will get a boost equivalent to Jacoby, Pedrioa, Victor, Hermedia, MDC, Beckett and Buchholz in the period of time from late July to early August

Thumb injuries are tricky, I dnt expect Victor to be Victor when he does come back................. but what do I know.

Jacoby................... I am starting to get the feeling he has played his last game as a Red Sock

Thumb injuries are tricky, I dnt expect Victor to be Victor when he does come back................. but what do I know.

Jacoby................... I am starting to get the feeling he has played his last game as a Red Sock
no thumb injuries suck, I know from a couple injuries I have had and still feel it many years later but even a rested Tek is better that Cash

as for Jacoby, not until the offseason then ship him to Pittsburgh

no thumb injuries suck, I know from a couple injuries I have had and still feel it many years later but even a <s>rested Tek</s> gimpy monkey is better that Cash

as for Jacoby, not until the offseason then ship him to Pittsburgh
:coffee:

This could be the last Wakefield start for a lonnnnnggggggg time. One week too late for SOKB, though.

Just blew a 4 zip lead in the time it took to type this
Posted via Mobile Devicehe f'n sucks to the tenth degree.

Back