Home beer brewers ..... and software?

Pneumonic

Reaction score
I am in semi-retirement mode and considering getting into the home brewing of beer hobby.

I would like to involve software to do so and am wondering what, if any, software any users in here use and would recommend. I have just started a 21 day trial of BeerSmith2 and it seems like a fairly intensive program that is all encompassing. Any thoughts or feedback is welcome? TIA.

Oh man, if Babalu were able to post, he would be a fountain of information. He was one of the best amateur brewers around, and that's not an exaggeration. He once made it to the semi-finals of the Sam Adams home brewer contest. I had the pleasure of sampling some of his concoctions. I dabbled in it some years ago and he was extremely helpful.

Can't help with the software. When I dabbled, I just used recipes that I got from the local brew shop. But it looks like an interesting package.

Oh man, if Babalu were able to post, he would be a fountain of information. He was one of the best amateur brewers around, and that's not an exaggeration. He once made it to the semi-finals of the Sam Adams home brewer contest. I had the pleasure of sampling some of his concoctions. I dabbled in it some years ago and he was extremely helpful.

Can't help with the software. When I dabbled, I just used recipes that I got from the local brew shop. But it looks like an interesting package.
yes, he was a great brewer.Yes he would be a great source but I do know he kept very detailed records of everything.

I miss him stopping by and dropping off beer at my house.

Babalu's buddies are now known as Bog Iron Brewery, they are in Norton MA and are very good. Wendell's is across the street.

I will be running Bog Irons road race for the second year in a row, a difficult 0.0K race that took shortly over 11 minutes to finish last year in 90 and humid weather.

OT (sorta): I just did an Advanced Search on 'beer' and 'babalu' and got this. Lots of fun threads.

Thanks for the feedback and to the Babalu thread, fellas. Babalu's recommendation of the Zainasheff book is interesting as I do have it on epub and it has one of the many Weissbier recipe's that I am looking forward to trying to perfect. This is also where the software, I hope, comes into play as I have several other types (esp sours, Belgians) that I wish to focus my efforts on and so, would like to find top notch recipes/instructions for.

yes, he was a great brewer.Yes he would be a great source but I do know he kept very detailed records of everything.

I miss him stopping by and dropping off beer at my house.

Babalu's buddies are now known as Bog Iron Brewery, they are in Norton MA and are very good. Wendell's is across the street.

I will be running Bog Irons road race for the second year in a row, a difficult 0.0K race that took shortly over 11 minutes to finish last year in 90 and humid weather.

I also had a chance to sample some of their brews at a basement bar with, I forget if it was 6 or 8 different homebrews on tap, but it was impressive and quality stuff.

I didn't know they were the folks involved in Bog Iron and was just talking about checking that place out, so thank you for the info.

I'll make a point to get there as soon as I can figure out how it took you shortly over 11 minutes to go exactly nowhere. Were you doing laps of the bar?

I also had a chance to sample some of their brews at a basement bar with, I forget if it was 6 or 8 different homebrews on tap, but it was impressive and quality stuff.

I didn't know they were the folks involved in Bog Iron and was just talking about checking that place out, so thank you for the info.

I'll make a point to get there as soon as I can figure out how it took you shortly over 11 minutes to go exactly nowhere. Were you doing laps of the bar?
one is a member here who is the guy who told us about Jeff I think you are at Frankw house. IF I remember correctly Nemasket Brewers Club or something.

As for the time it took... Picture you will an image, of superslow-mo of Mikimo83 in short-short running gear breaking a sweat going no where fast.....

Chariots of fire music in the back ground....

Joe Andruzzi leading the pack.....

400 beer drinkers double fisted and loving life....

------------------------

Join my Team - Deja Brew

I have this, Hawg.

The first hydration station was right at the starting line, andt for some reason, it took eleven minute reaching the point of ample hydration.

Back