How Hot Is It?

"Hotter than two rats f*cking in a wool sock." - Ichiro Suzuki

I live in Florida... I know it will be hot so there's no use crying about it... I moved down here to go fishing so I accept the heat. On the other hand, from October to May the weather is beautiful down here, in fact it's beautiful more often than it's hot...

It's 10:57 and already over 90 degrees.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>10-Day Forecast

</TD><TD vAlign=center align=right><!-- Ten Day Forecast --><STYLE>.promoLinkA,.promoLinkA:link,.promoLinkA:active,.promoLinkA:visited{font-size:11px;color:#ffffff;text-decoration:none;}</STYLE><SCRIPT language=javascript><!--var promos = new Array(); promos[promos.length?promos.length:0] = 'NEW: Larger Radar Maps & No Ads'; var _t = promos[parseInt(Math.random()*promos.length)]; document.write('
'); document.write(_t); document.write('​
');// --></SCRIPT>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=Basic cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><!-- content --><!-- if page is not printable, use code below --><!-- if printable page, use code below --><TABLE id=f2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f1f4f5><TD colSpan=3>
blank.gif
</TD><TD class=blkVerdanaText10 vAlign=center align=middle width="100%">High /
Low (°F)
</TD><TD class=blkVerdanaText10 vAlign=center align=middle width="100%">Precip. %</TD><TD>
blank.gif
</TD></TR><!-- endif --><!-- begin loop --><TR><TD width="15%">Today
Jul 20</TD><TD width="10%">
32.gif
</TD><TD width="35%">Sunny</TD><TD align=middle width="25%">97°/76°</TD><TD align=middle width="15%">10 %</TD></TR><TR><TD class=f2a>Mon
Jul 21
</TD><TD class=f2a>
34.gif
</TD><TD class=f2a>Mostly Sunny</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>101°/77°</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>10 %</TD></TR><TR><TD>Tue
Jul 22
</TD><TD>
34.gif
</TD><TD>Mostly Sunny</TD><TD align=middle>100°/77°</TD><TD align=middle>10 %</TD></TR><TR><TD class=f2a>Wed
Jul 23
</TD><TD class=f2a>
30.gif
</TD><TD class=f2a>Partly Cloudy</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>98°/76°</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>10 %</TD></TR><TR><TD>Thu
Jul 24
</TD><TD>
34.gif
</TD><TD>Mostly Sunny</TD><TD align=middle>97°/76°</TD><TD align=middle>0 %</TD></TR><TR><TD class=f2a>Fri
Jul 25
</TD><TD class=f2a>
30.gif
</TD><TD class=f2a>Partly Cloudy</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>98°/76°</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>10 %</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sat
Jul 26
</TD><TD>
30.gif
</TD><TD>Partly Cloudy</TD><TD align=middle>99°/76°</TD><TD align=middle>10 %</TD></TR><TR><TD class=f2a>Sun
Jul 27
</TD><TD class=f2a>
34.gif
</TD><TD class=f2a>Mostly Sunny</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>99°/78°</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>0 %</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mon
Jul 28
</TD><TD>
34.gif
</TD><TD>Mostly Sunny</TD><TD align=middle>99°/77°</TD><TD align=middle>0 %</TD></TR><TR><TD class=f2a>Tue
Jul 29
</TD><TD class=f2a>
34.gif
</TD><TD class=f2a>Mostly Sunny</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>98°/77°</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>0 %</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

Jean love that cartoon!!

It has been viscious here the past few days but we finally got our monsoon back last night and it was quite a show. We sat on our balconies watching the lightning that was at times truly blinding but so beautiful we had to watch. It cools the desert off in a big way for several hours too!

It's 85 here in Columbus at the moment, it's hot but not unbearable like it's been. There's a 30% chance of rain.

Where do you live? I just looked up Boston, it's 12:14 local time, and it's only 80 degrees! Highs for the next 10 days are in the low to mid 80's.

That's G-R-E-A-T.

Sounds sweet..perfect beach weather! I miss Boston in July. Beach beach and more beach.

Me too! I grew up 5 minutes from the water, and now I am land-locked in Ohio. :lame: :jester:

Where did you grow up Chelle? I was in Peabody before I moved to western mass..and now 21! years in Tucson.

And as much as I love San Diego and Cali beaches there is no comparison to Singing Sands or Good Harbor for me!

Where do you live? I just looked up Boston, it's 12:14 local time, and it's only 80 degrees! Highs for the next 10 days are in the low to mid 80's.

That's G-R-E-A-T.
I live about 50 miles Southwest of Boston. Yesterday was 103 by the thermometer near my house.! Today right now it's 91 with high humidity. Dew point is 70. Thats what I hate , the humidity! I like it when it's dry and 75 degrees or colder. I was at a beach picinic yesterday and even the water was hot! lol I guess I'm just a cold-booded biatch! NO wait...........that would mean I like the heat....... OK I'm warm-blooded!:fire: ( oh and BTW, Boston is closer to the ocean than where I live so it is usually a few degrees cooler there.)

Where did you grow up Chelle? I was in Peabody before I moved to western mass..and now 21! years in Tucson.

And as much as I love San Diego and Cali beaches there is no comparison to Singing Sands or Good Harbor for me!
I used to visit a cousin who lived in Manchester, MA and we always went to the beach near her house called Singing Beach. Ever hear of it? and I'm with you guys, I grew up living right on the water and have been trying to find a place like that again all my life.

Jean love that cartoon!!

It has been viscious here the past few days but we finally got our monsoon back last night and it was quite a show. We sat on our balconies watching the lightning that was at times truly blinding but so beautiful we had to watch. It cools the desert off in a big way for several hours too!
They told me the dry heat in the Southwest was easier to take than the humdity here, but, DANG, anything over one hundred degrees is hot! dry or humid.

I grew up in Quincy, and had several beaches to choose from in our area. We also went to Nantasket Beach in Hull pretty often. So many fun memories of spending the day there and at Paragon Park. :)

I used to visit a cousin who lived in Manchester, MA and we always went to the beach near her house called Singing Beach. Ever hear of it? and I'm with you guys, I grew up living right on the water and have been trying to find a place like that again all my life.

I just took the kids there last week. I'm fortunate to live right by the ocean. It wasn't an option for me. ;)

Back