How long has Patsfans been down?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the visitors from there. If you haven't registered and you decide to do so and have any problems, feel free to email me using 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

I hope the downtime isn't too long. Bad week for it. :(

Aw, crap. Does this mean we have to change the sheets and scrub the stains off the toilet bowls in the men's room? ROFL

BTW, Parrot... Welcome aboard, and your sig gives this agnostic 24 reasons why I sometimes feel there HAS to be a higher power... >)

JD10367 on 01-14-2008 at 11:09 AM said:
BTW, Parrot... Welcome aboard, and your sig gives this agnostic 24 reasons why I sometimes feel there HAS to be a higher power... >)

I have that same poster. Got it at Training Camp. The 3rd one from the left even signed it for my son. :)

PatriotsTrainingCamp2007039.jpg

:D

PatriotsTrainingCamp2007036.jpg

JD10367 on 01-14-2008 at 08:09 AM said:
Thanks..it's been a while since I came on. I've been too busy getting kicked off Charger boards.>)

Parrot Paul on 01-14-2008 at 11:31 AM said:
Thanks..it's been a while since I came on. I've been too busy getting kicked off Charger boards.>)

Whoa, it's like deja vu from when I came here, only this time I'm already here.

:confused:

It's like I'm seeing through all of your eyes from back in November of 06!

ROFL

The bad news is that it was very slow last night and down since 6 AM this morning.

The good news is that I won't have to deal with trolls until it gets back up. i have no idea how long it will be. I though I'd might get an email from Ian advising the problem.

They must have been taking the influx of Charger trolls. I was wondering why it seemed quiet around here.

database detail screen showing 26k+ PIDs indicates either a DoS or the database is having trouble releasing logins...either way, she's bogged down but good...

We hit a traffic record (1,700+ users/guests) at 8:54 EST last night. During that time, as what usually happens when there's a ton of traffic, database errors and general slowness started to occur. Shortly thereafter, as had also happened in November for a day or two, the server must have reset and all the posting timestamps got messed up from posts made around 9:00 PM EST last night.

At that point the forum was impossible to follow chronologically for all posts made that evening, so I called it a night. When I got up this morning, the Apache error was up.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what Ian can do. Haven't been in contact with him.

OK, we have some updates.

The main page appears to have gotten back online in the past few minutes or so.

Forum is still getting database errors.

But at least that's better than the Apache server errors.

pats1 on 01-14-2008 at 12:02 PM said:
OK, we have some updates.

The main page appears to have gotten back online in the past few minutes or so.

Forum is still getting database errors.

But at least that's better than the Apache server errors.

Yes the front page is up now.But, getting the forum up is the big problem.

JD10367 on 01-14-2008 at 11:08 AM said:
Aw, crap. Does this mean we have to change the sheets and scrub the stains off the toilet bowls in the men's room? ROFL
Man that has got to be the wors job in the world considering some of the characters in this place.

Patsfans board still down for me, FYI, hope the Planet doesn't mind my presence in the meanwhile.

BradyManny2344 on 01-14-2008 at 09:36 AM said:
Patsfans board still down for me, FYI, hope the Planet doesn't mind my presence in the meanwhile.
Like BF80 said, some of us got here because of an outage (loooonnnnnggggg one, couple weeks?) on Patsfans back in Nov. 06. I really like both boards as they are unique and have a lot to offer in their own, different way. Have to say, though, that while trolling on a few opponent boards this weekend, these two Pats boards have a higher IQ in one poster than those entire boards combined. Don't exaggerate my mother used to say, but what is up with that? Indystar, which I thought in previous years was OK, yeesh. Pounding too much pork gravy over there or what? Apologies to Colts fans here.

Vito Babe on 01-14-2008 at 01:38 PM said:
Like BF80 said, some of us got here because of an outage (loooonnnnnggggg one, couple weeks?) on Patsfans back in Nov. 06. I really like both boards as they are unique in their own way. Have to say, though, that while trolling on a few opponent boards this weekend, these two Pats boards have a higher IQ in one poster than those entire boards combined. Don't exaggerate my mother used to say, but what is up with that? Indystar, which I thought in previous years was OK, yeesh. Pounding too much pork gravy over there or what? Apologies to Colts fans here.

I originally signed up here during a patsfans.com outage, I think some defected during that time (some really great contributors to patsfans board permanently left for here), I went back to patsfans when it was back up. Both boards are great and have something different to offer, in general, I think people just post wherever they're used to posting. I agree both boards make the average sports message board look pretty silly. Heck, it's even hard finding comparable boards for C's or Sox (SOSH takes the whole intelligent sports talk thing too far...) talk.

Back