Hypothetically, would Elliot or Cook be better?

rivshark86

Reaction score
Cook is obviously better, but Stevenson can do all that.
No one can punch like Zeke for four yards. He may not get big production but if you need 4 yards in a 3rd down situation….. I’ll take him. Plus he’s great in pass pro.
I don’t know what the other salaries they want are, but assuming Zeke is lower…….. I’ll take him.
But both are still too expensive.

I wouldn't be interested in either one, but if I had to pick it'd be Cook.

Elliot is still an effective plodder, but you can get that production off the scrap heap for peanuts.

Dallas lost confidence in him and I think they were correct in that opinion.

No one can punch like Zeke for four yards. He may not get big production but if you need 4 yards in a 3rd down situation….. I’ll take him. Plus he’s great in pass pro.
I don’t know what the other salaries they want are, but assuming Zeke is lower…….. I’ll take him.

I agree about Stevenson. Elliot/Cook are depth and to spell Stevenson/lower the amount of his carries.

Unless they, especially Elliot, are willing to play for less than I think they want, agree they're too expensive.

Elliot has gone downhill, though. No different than any other RB, but isn't the guy we are remembering. Last year he averaged under 4 ypc, so it's a false hope to think he can get 4 tough yards in a critical situation. Last year he was basically BJGE, almost always good for 2 yards after contact. That makes him valuable, but at BJGE money which I doubt he is going to take.

I agree about Stevenson. Elliot/Cook are depth and to spell Stevenson/lower the amount of his carries.

Unless they, especially Elliot, are willing to play for less than I think they want, agree they're too expensive.

Elliot has gone downhill, though. No different than any other RB, but isn't the guy we are remembering. Last year he averaged under 4 ypc, so it's a false hope to think he can get 4 tough yards in a critical situation. Last year he was basically BJGE, almost always good for 2 yards after contact. That makes him valuable, but at BJGE money which I doubt he is going to take.
The whole thing is probably moot, because each will want way to much money, but I think Zeke could add a ton to this backfield.
His days of breaking more than 10 yard runs are over, but few guys can punch linebackers in the face like him. He plays through about all injury, and still has great goal line skills. He played through a torn PCL much of a season recently, and last year came back pretty fast from a foot injury.
He’s great in the passing game, and pass pro. He would add a ton to the offense in 3rd and 3 or 4 situations.

The whole thing is probably moot, because each will want way to much money, but I think Zeke could add a ton to this backfield.
His days of breaking more than 10 yard runs are over, but few guys can punch linebackers in the face like him. He plays through about all injury, and still has great goal line skills. He played through a torn PCL much of a season recently, and last year came back pretty fast from a foot injury.
He’s great in the passing game, and pass pro. He would add a ton to the offense in 3rd and 3 or 4 situations.

Jerruh leaned heavily on Zeke his 1st 4 years. Too heavily. With a total of 1900 carries in his 7 years, he's had a lot of tread on those tires.
His production last year was 1/2 what it was his rookie year. Half.
Last year he averaged 3.8 ypc. RBs with 3.8 ypc are getting $4M/.
Will he play for that? IDK, but that's his new reality.

No doubt that Cook is a Pro Bowl talent but for the value at the position, I'd have rather seen the Patriots keep Damien Harris at the figure he signed for in Buffalo ($1.7+) than to entertain either of these guys. Spend that money elsewhere.

Elliot was never the same after he got his big pay day from Dallas.

Elliot was never the same after he got his big pay day from Dallas.
I agree, but he still does certain things very well. Namely pass protection, and catching, and getting 4 yards with a totally stacked box when everyone knows it’s gonna be a run right up the middle.
Stevenson can do the dynamic stuff.
This is just for fun, cause there’s no way Zeke will take a contract that reflects his value, but he still does certain things very well.

Back