I officially hate Ray Lewis

aceofspaide

Reaction score
Now, before this season I had no problem with Lewis, but then that whole situation came up with AD Thomas and he started to seem like an attention whore.

Then before last nights game he started to cry on the field. (just a speculation) but it looked kindof forced to me, not to say that he wasn't grieving, but who strikes a pose and positions himself in the open (easy for camera access) when they are about to break down. I wouldn't be saying this if they just showed him sitting on the bench with a few tears on his face.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting it though

But most of all I hate him because ESPN qoutes him for having said that he had to win this game for Sean Taylor. What a trite and presumptuous thing to say. Why would Sean Taylor care if he won some football game, especially when several other former teammates of Taylor are on the Patriots.

So all of a sudden he seems like a prick who just wants attention. Basically I can see where Adalius Thomas' comments early this season were coming from.

I don't know about the "forced crying" as it seemed genuine to me.

What bothered me was ESPN's repeated meme of Baltimore's "heavy hearts" with little to no mention of how his death might have affected Merriweather and Wilfork.

Fully* Tilted* on 12-04-2007 at 01:12 PM said:
What bothered me was ESPN's repeated meme of Baltimore's "heavy hearts" with little to no mention of how his death might have affected Merriweather and Wilfork.

My thought exactly.

I'll be laughing at the sports news media when they find out that this thug Sean Taylor probably died for his involvement with drugs or some other shady circumstances. I know of some Redskins fans that knew about him before he died. He was not a person of character. I mean the guy spat on people literally.

Fully* Tilted* on 12-04-2007 at 01:12 PM said:
I don't know about the "forced crying" as it seemed genuine to me.

Exactly - you would have thought Taylor played for the Ravens the way ESPN played it up..Ray Lewis is only too happy to put on a show for the cameras...

Annihilus can see this thread quickly spiraling downward from post 1 on down.

Lets not go there, please. Just a request, not a demand.

"I'll be laughing at the sports news media when they find out that this thug Sean Taylor probably died for his involvement with drugs or some other shady circumstances. I know of some Redskins fans that knew about him before he died. He was not a person of character. I mean the guy spat on people literally."

I have to agree. I won't be laughing but I surely won't be surprised. Taylor knew two of these thugs? From where? How?? There's more than meets the eye here, I'm willing to bet. We'll see - unless the NFL wants to just turn the other cheek on this...

BizarroAnnihilus* on 12-04-2007 at 01:18 PM said:
Annihilus can see this thread quickly spiraling downward from post 1 on down.

Lets not go there, please. Just a request, not a demand.

I don't want to say anything about Taylor , I'm not saying anything about that and I'm sure that Lewis was grieving. It just seems to me that Lewis is looking to get attention any way he can.

NESportsfan on 12-04-2007 at 01:18 PM said:
I have to agree. I won't be laughing but I surely won't be surprised. Taylor knew two of these thugs? From where? How?? There's more than meets the eye here, I'm willing to bet. We'll see - unless the NFL wants to just turn the other cheek on this...

Its not really the NFL's place to turn cheeks in either direction.

I would love if this thread would stop discussing Sean Taylor and remember the theme of my original post, which is that Ray Lewis is a prick

This had nothing to do with "involvement with drugs"

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=138074&ran=176181

Sean Taylors half sister's boyfriend invited one of the four killers to a birthday party at Taylors house a couple of months ago.

This was four dumbass kids who thought they could score some easy money/loot by breaking into an NFL players home.

Drug executioners dont shoot for the femoral artery btw. Its a one in a million shot. Scorned drug dealers wouldnt have left witnesses either. The gf and possibly the child would have been killed also.

Im not saying Taylor was a saint, but sheesh do some freeking research before posting what "probably" happened, or what youre "willing to bet" on.

I think there is a thread about Sean Taylor where this stuff should be posted, not in a thread about Ray Lewis, I'm starting to feel like the dick because i provoked people somehow

the topic of most threads gets lost someplace in it and it evolves into a different discussion.....but yeah Lewis seems like a prick. I found his holding back the tears to over the top, like he was auditioning for that Action Hero role he talks about in the commercial

aceofspaide on 12-04-2007 at 01:36 PM said:
, I'm starting to feel like the dick because i provoked people somehow

Don't sweat it, you were a dick long before you posted here.:D ROFL

Baron Samedi on 12-04-2007 at 01:41 PM said:
Don't sweat it, you were a dick long before you posted here.:D ROFL

alright, great :(

Ray Lewis comes off as a big phony to me. At the very least, he is an attention whore. Like someone else mentioned, to supposedly 'win the game for Sean Taylor" is presumptuous and inappropriate. There were guys on the other side of the ball that also played with Taylor.

overall, I agree. Ray Lewis is a douche.

Ray Lewis wasn't even at Miami when Taylor was there. Wilfork actually was a team mate. Why wouldn't Wilfork's grief be more genuine than Ray Lewis'? Hey ESPN stop taking the easy way out and do some friggin' research.

The*Big*Lebowski on 12-04-2007 at 12:43 PM said:
Ray Lewis comes off as a big phony to me. At the very least, he is an attention whore. Like someone else mentioned, to supposedly 'win the game for Sean Taylor" is presumptuous and inappropriate. There were guys on the other side of the ball that also played with Taylor.

He didn't say 'win the game for Sean Taylor', he said 'Tonight let's play for Sean'.

Slight difference in wording, big difference in meaning IMO.

SamBam39* on 12-04-2007 at 02:00 PM said:
Ray Lewis wasn't even at Miami when Taylor was there. Wilfork actually was a team mate. Why wouldn't Wilfork's grief be more genuine than Ray Lewis'? Hey ESPN stop taking the easy way out and do some friggin' research.

Ray lewis is a look at me guy, Wilfork is not..

southcarolina* on 12-04-2007 at 01:33 PM said:
This had nothing to do with "involvement with drugs"

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=138074&ran=176181

Sean Taylors half sister's boyfriend invited one of the four killers to a birthday party at Taylors house a couple of months ago.

This was four dumbass kids who thought they could score some easy money/loot by breaking into an NFL players home.

Drug executioners dont shoot for the femoral artery btw. Its a one in a million shot. Scorned drug dealers wouldnt have left witnesses either. The gf and possibly the child would have been killed also.

Im not saying Taylor was a saint, but sheesh do some freeking research before posting what "probably" happened, or what youre "willing to bet" on.

It's just somebody who wants to hate Sean Taylor because of some dumb things he did in the past.

This was nothing to do with drugs. A couple of these guys had done work at his house. It was a break-in and an attempted burglary/armed robbery.

SamBam39* on 12-04-2007 at 02:00 PM said:

I spent my whole evening forcing myself not to throw something through the TV last night. I have NEVER heard a broadcaster worse then Tony Kornheiser.

...and to think I used to look forward to his articles in the WP.

Back