I want 20+ carries for SJax against Miami

I'm guessing PS for Hawaiian Punch. Must mean they liked what they saw from Montee Butterball. :shrug:

They are saying that it makes room for another interior D lineman. That is according to Reiss. They were not happy with the run stoppage yesterday.

They are saying that it makes room for another interior D lineman. That is according to Reiss. They were not happy with the run stoppage yesterday.

Nobody was. :shrug:

It was hardly the fault of the d-line, from what I could see. They were unprepared for the look the Jets gave them (Hightower said as much today), and were playing a lot of light fronts.

When they adjusted (Siliga and Branch, but more notably Siliga was in more), it was better.

That's coaching, to me, not the players. I don't know who they think they're going to bring in at this point that would make any sort of difference.

Nobody was. :shrug:

It was hardly the fault of the d-line, from what I could see. They were unprepared for the look the Jets gave them (Hightower said as much today), and were playing a lot of light fronts.

When they adjusted (Siliga and Branch, but more notably Siliga was in more), it was better.

That's coaching, to me, not the players. I don't know who they think they're going to bring in at this point that would make any sort of difference.

Yeah not sure, just passing on what Reiss said on Twitter. They said Kitchen.

Play-Action Jackson looked about how I figured.

He got stuffed a few times as you might expect.

Then a few times he didn't get stuffed. He also didn't look all that faded. As far as I know he did not fart dust and appeared to remember how football is played.

He, briefly, looked like a stud RB who can still hit a hole and make somebody pay. I think we are going to be OK with Jackson.

I don't care what the numbers said at the end of the day, Steven Jackson was their best running back yesterday.

Bolden was fine, but he's far more valuable on Special Teams.

So in other words, we should take the air out of the football? :coffee:

Cheers, HappyTim

I don't care what the numbers said at the end of the day, Steven Jackson was their best running back yesterday.

Bolden was fine, but he's far more valuable on Special Teams.

Being a running back is much more than just diving forward, especially in this offense. Bolden is capable of lining outside the numbers and catching a slant pass. Jackson made the most of some really poor blocking but he is too old/slow to be much of a pass catcher now it seems.

Just from what I remember seeing him play and now, it appears he's bulked up to compensate and is more of just a dive bruiser and that versatility he used to have is sacrificed. He knows he's not going to make people miss or outrun anyone anymore.

Giving him more carries makes sense if our line is getting a push. With Lewis we could give him x amount of carries no matter what because he was able to make guys miss and pick up yards. Like Blount, Jackson will make the most out of good blocking but can't generate yards on his own. Forcing the issue will result in a lot of 3rd and longs.

I could have used more than 7 ****ing carries.

How about 2 dives at 3rd and half-a-yard, when the Patriots lined up in shotgun twice?

How about not loading up in heavy sets when he comes in, and making it completely predictable that 'SJax means run'? I hope that was an intentional setup.

No shit, I was screaming at the tv when they lined up in a passing formation with less than a yard to go. I mean, put TB on the los for the QB sneak, he always gets the needed yardage on those plays. Looking forward to some SJ on Sunday against the Fins.

No shit, I was screaming at the tv when they lined up in a passing formation with less than a yard to go. I mean, put TB on the los for the QB sneak, he always gets the needed yardage on those plays. Looking forward to some SJ on Sunday against the Fins.

Line was a mess, Jets have a stout Dline...not sure it would have been much better.

Back