I'm Buying A Bike And Need Some Help

I'm not sure what you mean by not weight balanced, but I've ridden about 12 Harleys, all different models, and the only model I found top heavy was the Sportster because the center of gravity is higher. Other than that, they seem to be perfectly balanced, which is important to me since I'm only about 5'3 in riding boots.

That explains it, one was an 883 and the other is 1200. I guess I don't go to a certain brand due it seeming to be a status thing (not everyone who rides a Harley does it because it is a Harley, the price is also a factor in not wanting one)

It takes about five minutes and a wrench to switch to a toe shift.

I'm sure it is simple, but I didn't like the Kingpin either. I wish we still had a Victory dealer and demo days local still. I wouldn't mind riding a Cross Tour.

I know, right? People who have ridden Honda Valkyries l o v e them but damn they're ugly for me to look at. Reviews are filled with "smooth as silk" or "rides like a luxury automobile" & "the Rolls Royce of 2 wheelers". I just couldn't.

I've had a Valk since 1999. Best all around motorcycle out there, still gets lots of looks. Utterly dependable too.

Hideous? It's one of the better Boss Hosses I've seen...I would never buy one though.
Posted via Mobile Device

All a matter of taste. I like the vintage look, like a panhead or old school police bike.

All a matter of taste. I like the vintage look, like a panhead or old school police bike.

True...I prefer the modern stuff.

It's all good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, yeah. I do like the Big Dog look but I think those are simply modern semi-customization chops of the vintage look. Easy Rider stuff but certainly not easy to ride with their raked fronts. I find choppers exciting to the eye but scary to ride.

Here's their Wolf model which is one of their least raked models. I saw an '09 listed for $26,000 on chopperexchange recently. Too bad Big Dog went out of business. American Ironhorse, too.

<form id="image_popup" name="image_popup" action="http://www.cyclecityofny.com/new_galleria.asp?veh=107724&pov=2498072" target="_blank" method="post"> </form>
vp2498072_1_large.jpg

I've had a Valk since 1999. Best all around motorcycle out there, still gets lots of looks. Utterly dependable too.

See what I mean? I've talked to half a dozen people who have a Valkyrie and every single one raves about the bike. Maybe if I rode one...

They're impressive, that's for sure. They managed to keep a classic look even with that huge engine. How heavy is the bike?

Off the top of my head it's a touch north of 800. But the center of gravity is very low and once moving its light on its feet. You can do slow parking lot maneuvers easily. The only thing I don't like about it is no center stand although it can be added. I never did, too cheap lol.

I might add that I might have to sell Mr Valk because I just bought a Wing. But I'm torn because I love the thing.

I have always absolutely loved the look of the Valk. And with that butter smooth 6 cylinder? Was always my dream bike.

I have always absolutely loved the look of the Valk. And with that butter smooth 6 cylinder? Was always my dream bike.

I'm not a fan of the new version of it that came out. My model was made from 97 to 03. The newer one doesn't lend itself to as many riding styles. God awful fast however.

I'm not a fan of the new version of it that came out. My model was made from 97 to 03. The newer one doesn't lend itself to as many riding styles. God awful fast however.

Back